Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
FairDragonRose
Earning My Ears

Taxi Service - Eastern Carribean

We are heading out on the Fantasy 5/31/14 for our first cruise.

For anyone who has done St. Maarten and St. Thomas/St. John, do you know how hard it is to get a taxi from town to the port, cost and if they take american currency? We're looking at a few excursions with the option to be dropped off in downtown in both locations, but want to make sure we can make it back to the ship without trouble. (2 adults, 2 kids - 1 will turn 12 the day we are at St. Maarten, the other will be 7) Would it be reasonable to walk from town to the pier?
FairDragonRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
treehawk529
Earning My Ears

Bump
treehawk529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
pwiedower
Earning My Ears

No Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairDragonRose View Post
We are heading out on the Fantasy 5/31/14 for our first cruise.

For anyone who has done St. Maarten and St. Thomas/St. John, do you know how hard it is to get a taxi from town to the port, cost and if they take american currency? We're looking at a few excursions with the option to be dropped off in downtown in both locations, but want to make sure we can make it back to the ship without trouble. (2 adults, 2 kids - 1 will turn 12 the day we are at St. Maarten, the other will be 7) Would it be reasonable to walk from town to the pier?

For St. Maarten, there is a water taxi that goes between the port and the main part of the shopping district. Very easy to get to and use, I don't recall exactly how much it was but it wasn't much.

As for St. Thomas - there a TON of taxis at the front of the port area, which is relatively close and you conveniently walk by a bunch of shops to get there. There are taxis and local drivers abound so you should have no problem getting a ride back to port.
Dis Dad's Club Member #444

me, Tabitha, Connor (5), Mackenzie (2)
pwiedower is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: