Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Dcl bus at mco vs resorts

We aren't currently set to be picked up from the bwi via the dcl bus. From what I have read, it gets to the resorts late morning. Would it make more sense if we took the ME from the bwi to Orlando airport then got on the early dcl from airport to the port? Do the dcl from the airport leave earlier than the resort pick up?

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Cruisefan2
DIS Veteran

It would be a lot more hassle for you but it would mean getting to the ship a lot faster. The busses usually pick up around noon or so and arrive at the port between 1 and 1:30. If you took ME to the airport and caught a bus there you could get to the terminal alot sooner. That being said you will have to transgender your luggage from bwi to ME, ME to DCL transfers a lot o hassle. But if it means getting to the port sooner I would say its worth it. We faced the same dilemma in February so we decided to take a town car to port, so simple and cheaper then DCL. How many in your party? Because it may be more economical and quicker to take a town car service to port.

4 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream 2/17/13
7 night Medderiteranian Cruise on the Magic 7/30/11
7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2/11/06
Cruisefan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info, we have three in our party, would that be cheaper do you think?

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
Thanks for the info, we have three in our party, would that be cheaper do you think?
It would probably cost the same since ME is free and DCL transfers cost the same whether from resort or airport.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
kiford
Mouseketeer

There isn't much point in going through that hassle trying to get to the port early unless you have an early port arrival time booked since you would have to stand in line and/or wait to board if you don't.

I think you'd also have to give a phony flight time to ME because they pick up based on flights, not a selected time you pick.

If you're going to pay for DCL transportation anyway, I'd say it's a lot less hassle to go direct from the resort and get there at what is probably open boarding with no lines, no waiting, no dragging around a carryon waiting for your stateroom to be ready than to get up early, schlep luggage to bus, schlep to airport, schlep back to bus, line up, wait, and drag carryon around all for the sake of maybe 1-1.5 hours more on the ship. And that's assuming you have the earliest PAT.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: