Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #31
DisneyBigKid
Earning My Ears

Only way I would suggest renting a car is if your patient and get GPS. Alot of people fear getting lost in areas they have no personal knowledge of. I'm one of those people even with GPS I much rather let experience professional do the driving. Sometimes it works out to be cheaper depending on how many in your party. I use to do the mears taxi shuttle from airport to Disney. Years ago it was $25 a person not sure how much it is now. But if you havem ore than 4 people the cheaper option is renting a car.
DisneyBigKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #32
swade95
Earning My Ears

If you take a rental from DCL to the airport can you catch the Disney bus to your resort?

2011 - Off site
2013 - AoA
2014 - DWL
swade95 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #33
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenntx View Post

Good to know - thanks!!
Also remember to tip the limo driver.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #34
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post

Also remember to tip the limo driver.
Thanks
Jenntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:05 AM   #35
Mazz519
DIS Veteran

Doing this in a few weeks ..Will be in Palm Beach a few days before cruise, Driving rental car to port, dropping off family at port then returning car to car rental... When we get off cruise renting car again near port and driving to WDW for a few days before returning to MCO
Mazz519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #36
Huggups
Earning My Ears

I'm about to book for next October on the Disney Dream and was thinking of doing a town car from the resort to PC and then take the DCL bus back to resort after the cruise (one way). The reason mostly being to get to the Port earlier than the DCL bus will get us there. How early will they allow people into the port terminal? Would like to get there early but don't know how early? Also, if we do decide to just do the DCL bus, will I be able to add it later?

Thanks.
Huggups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #37
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by swade95 View Post
If you take a rental from DCL to the airport can you catch the Disney bus to your resort?
I would drop off the rental at the port before your cruise, then take the DCL bus to the resort, then Magical Express from the resort to the airport.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #38
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
I would drop off the rental at the port before your cruise, then take the DCL bus to the resort, then Magical Express from the resort to the airport.
This is what we are going to do also.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #39
VivaciousC
Earning My Ears

Transportation

We just returned from our Disney Fantasy cruise and our one-way rental from Hertz from port to MCO was about $90. I would also recommend a great driver we used, Tony Hinds (aobh607@yahoo.com or 407-406-9093), for transportation from the Orlando airport to our pre-cruise Universal Studios hotel. He was outstanding and drives a large van - but it was private transportation - just us. We were so impressed with Tony's impeccable service, great local advice, and price. We would have used him for transportation to/from the port, but had other reasons to rent a car. He even suggested we should call him when driving ourselves if we were lost or needed any advice. We was fantastic!!!
VivaciousC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #40
mnra
DIS Veteran

what time do the buses leave the port for trips back to WDW
Old 10-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #41
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnra View Post
what time do the buses leave the port for trips back to WDW
Debarkation typically starts around 7:30am at Port Canaveral. Buses to WDW are by groups of resorts, and will depart as soon as full. We didn't rush off the ship but did have early breakfast, we were the first resort stop and were checked-in and sitting pool-side before 9:30am. The last bus to leave the port may be delayed somewhat while they make sure all passengers are off the ship, so that could be a longer wait on the bus.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #42
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

I have not done private transport but I have done the rentals, disney transfers both from the hotel and just to mco and also back to the ship. One cruise on the Dream we stayed and picked up reantal at MCO and dropped off at hertz with insurance it was close to $125 this was in Jan so once on the ship we opted to do transfers back to MCO. Another time we took ME to the airport and picked up the Disney bus then. We also have done the transfers from Kidani and we got picked up at noon and were there about 130pm good things rooms were ready. To get back to the port we had late sitting and our bus left around 930amwe were at KV by 11
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #43
LivinADream
Mouseketeer

Ok question we will be in WDW for a few days before our cruise was planning on returning the car to the airport as early as possible then using Disney bus from MCO to port and back is this ok to do even tho we don't have a flight coming in that day? Would we just take our luggage with us over to the bus?
Old 10-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #44
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznLexi View Post
I have not done private transport but I have done the rentals, disney transfers both from the hotel and just to mco and also back to the ship. One cruise on the Dream we stayed and picked up reantal at MCO and dropped off at hertz with insurance it was close to $125 this was in Jan so once on the ship we opted to do transfers back to MCO. Another time we took ME to the airport and picked up the Disney bus then. We also have done the transfers from Kidani and we got picked up at noon and were there about 130pm good things rooms were ready. To get back to the port we had late sitting and our bus left around 930amwe were at KV by 11
I am interested in this option. We are staying at BCV before our cruise, but would like to get on the ship as early as possible. It would be great to take ME to the airport and then catch one of the first DCL buses over to PC. How far did you have to lug your bags from the ME to the DCL waiting area?
Or can you send your bags straight to DCL from the resort, even though you are not taking the DCL bus from the resort?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #45
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinADream View Post
Ok question we will be in WDW for a few days before our cruise was planning on returning the car to the airport as early as possible then using Disney bus from MCO to port and back is this ok to do even tho we don't have a flight coming in that day? Would we just take our luggage with us over to the bus?
DCL transfers cost $35 pp each way pp and are not dependent on a flight. They only run on days a cruise departs. Yes, you would just bring your own luggage over to the DCL/ME desk.. Have you thought about just returning the car at one of the port area agencies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
I am interested in this option. We are staying at BCV before our cruise, but would like to get on the ship as early as possible. It would be great to take ME to the airport and then catch one of the first DCL buses over to PC. How far did you have to lug your bags from the ME to the DCL waiting area?
Or can you send your bags straight to DCL from the resort, even though you are not taking the DCL bus from the resort?
The first bus leaves MCO about 9:30 or so. That would mean that you would have to leave WDW about 3 hours before that to catch an ME bus from WDW. You would have to have a real Flight number that departed around that time to give to the ME desk at your resort (6:30 am). ME wants to take you about 3 hours before your "flight". You can't send your bags ahead if you are not taking DCL transfers from the resort. You would have to take them with you on the bus and then bring them to the DCL/ME desk for transport to the port. Not worth it IMO.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: