Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #2356
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
Even though YC CL seems to get some of the worst reviews on here, I've booked there because I want to stay at YC, with or without the CL. The CL will be used for the extra space and the "free" beers. I'm not expecting anything more in the way of mousekeeping than if I were booked non-CL. I'm too much of a control freak to let IPO handle the planning part of it, so that perk is moot.
We've never stayed at the YC, but I agree with you that if YC CL is something you want to try, then go for it. Everyone's experiences/opinions are different and what one person doesn't like, the next person will love. Both YC and BC club levels get a lot of bad reviews, but there are also a lot of people that love one or the other or both.....it's all a matter of preference and personal taste. I'm the same way about using IPO. I like having total control and doing all of my own ADRs and bookings for dinner shows, etc. so IPO never hears from me whenever we stay CL . Have a great trip and I hope you enjoy YC CL .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #2357
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenluvs2go2disney View Post
We are staying CL Poly for the first time in Sept. We have been to Disney many many times. We go at least twice a year.

I have read that you check in at Hawaii. Do you park your car and walk up and tell them or just pull up in front?. How does that work?

We had changed to CL from a standard Poly room last week. Do we need to receive anything in the mail?

We do not have a package. We are planning to buy annual passes for the first time. Is this something that the CL staff can help us with? If we buy them there, do we have to activate them at guest services at the park? We are wondering iChat is the fastest way to get them and have them activated, so we don't have to worry about in the morning. We like to get to the park prior to park opening.

Thanks!
Since you just upgraded to club level recently I would recommend emailing IPO to touch base with anything you need. Dining reservations, room requests, questions, etc, etc. Also you can tell them your expected arrival time. They might just have someone down there to meet you. Or if not, just walk up to the valet and tell them you are checking in for club level.

Have you thought about buying your APs now? That way you can just trade the vouchers in at the ticket window. It's a painless and easy process. Since you have a car you might even find it easier to stop at Guest Relations at DTD before you even go to the Poly.
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #2358
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Double guessing my decision for staying BC Deluxe room CL. We have never stayed CL before so it sounded exciting. We were not able to get the general public discount applied ( we do have 15% from AAA) but did receive a pin but would have to switch to standard view CL at YC. Is one CL better or worse than the other? I really don't want our first experience to be a bummer. If anyone has any opinions they would like to share I would really appreciate it!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #2359
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

When you pull up to Gaye you'll give the guard a firm of ID a d let them know your checking into CL. Then pull all the way upfront, there will be ppl to unload the car & all you need to do is ask for them to pls make sure someone from Hawaii is coming to get you. Then you'll either check in at the desk in Hawaii ( so beautiful) or your room if its ready! Easy!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 08-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #2360
1girln3boys
Mouseketeer

Staying CL in AK for the 1st time. We will be flying in and taking transit from the airport.
It's my 40th Bday trip and looking forward to it. Any tips?

Me: 38 DH: 39 DD 16 DS 14 DS 8 DS 6

Past Disney Trips:
First Family Trip Pop Century: June 6-11 2011
All Star Sports: May 31st-June 9th 2012
Old 08-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #2361
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Double guessing my decision for staying BC Deluxe room CL. We have never stayed CL before so it sounded exciting. We were not able to get the general public discount applied ( we do have 15% from AAA) but did receive a pin but would have to switch to standard view CL at YC. Is one CL better or worse than the other? I really don't want our first experience to be a bummer. If anyone has any opinions they would like to share I would really appreciate it!
I prefer YC cl over BC cl. The deluxe room is going to give you more space and a better view, but the YC SV CL will give you more cash in your pocket. I won't book a room unless I get at least 30% off. I don't always get my first choice, but I can't bring myself to pay rack rate. It would be a easy choice for me. I think you will enjoy either resort. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #2362
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

On the phone for almost 2 hours after realizing that not being by Epcot was just something I couldn't do ;(
Split our stay (which was crazy trying to figure that out with the FD!)
We are staying 3 nights in WL Deluxe room CL
& BWI Deluxe Concierge
We've never stayed @ either of these resorts but I'm hoping that we'll love both!!
I tried to get BWI for my whole stay but haven't been able to!
I'll keep trying!
Any advice for me with the 2 new resorts, that would be great!
My only concern is that the Deluxe rooms at both hotels aren't on the same level as Concierge (from what I understand, except BWI which I thought maybe there were a few?)
Whew! Need a nap!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 08-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #2363
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
On the phone for almost 2 hours after realizing that not being by Epcot was just something I couldn't do ;(
& BWI Deluxe Concierge
We've never stayed @ either of these resorts but I'm hoping that we'll love both!!
I'll keep trying!
My only concern is that the Deluxe rooms at both hotels aren't on the same level as Concierge (from what I understand, except BWI which I thought maybe there were a few?)
Whew! Need a nap!
Geez. Why are the waits so long this week? I have no advice, but it sounds like a nice split. Are you staying 3 nights at each?
Old 08-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #2364
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post

Geez. Why are the waits so long this week? I have no advice, but it sounds like a nice split. Are you staying 3 nights at each?
We're staying the 1st 3 nights at WL & 5 nights at BWI. Hopeful I can get those 1st 3 nights at BWI, but I don't know...
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 08-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #2365
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post

I prefer YC cl over BC cl. The deluxe room is going to give you more space and a better view, but the YC SV CL will give you more cash in your pocket. I won't book a room unless I get at least 30% off. I don't always get my first choice, but I can't bring myself to pay rack rate. It would be a easy choice for me. I think you will enjoy either resort. Good luck.
Thank you. Can I ask what makes you prefer YC CL? If the cost were the same would you still prefer YC CL?
Old 08-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #2366
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Thank you. Can I ask what makes you prefer YC CL? If the cost were the same would you still prefer YC CL?
Yes. The lobby is less hectic. The views are better for all the room types. I have seen some pretty horrible water views at BC. The YC has full balconies, but I'm sure booking a deluxe room at BC would give you a full balcony and a good view.

It's hard because you are comparing a YC CL SV room to a Deluxe room with a water view. Not apples to apples. I'm sure the deluxe room at BC would be nicer. I think your have to decide if it's xxx amount of dollars nicer. I don't know what the price difference is, but I'm sure it's substantial. Especially since your not getting a very good discount on the deluxe room.

I think you would be happy at YC if you decide to switch.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #2367
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
& BWI Deluxe Concierge
I'll keep trying!
Whew! Need a nap!
WL CL is amazing (although I can't speak for the deluxe room as we've never stayed in one) and I have heard great things about BWI CL . From what I understand as I've done a little research on BWI as we considered it for one of our stays, is that there are only a few deluxe CL rooms, with some being on the CL floor and some not. If you want to be on the same floor as the lounge, I would put that as a request .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #2368
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1girln3boys View Post
Staying CL in AK for the 1st time. We will be flying in and taking transit from the airport.
It's my 40th Bday trip and looking forward to it. Any tips?
Happy early 40th!

There is so much to do at AKL, so much so we usually stay there on non-park days...

When you get to the lobby ask to be taken to the 6th floor CL to checkin. If you go (or are taken) to to the lobby front desk they WILL try to check you in themselves down there. I don't understand why they try to do that, but I've had that happen twice at AKL and Poly - and it really frustrates the CL staff since they have checkin packets ready and waiting.

The CL lounge is awesome. If you are not staying DVC, it is a bit of a walk to get there since the CL rooms are on 4th floor. Not bad though. Our favorite room side is Kudu Trail. The lounge food is pretty good, African influenced. My favorite are some type of goat cheese/olive tarts. Make sure to try the African Smoothie.

Not sure if your kids are going, but they expanded the lounge a few years ago to include a kids area. Our kids are now Jr/Sr High, so they don't partake in many of the activities they used to (games, face painting), but they still love it. My son always enjoyed King Pin. Pretty sure AKL is their favorite resort...

There are 2 hot tubs. One is right near the pool and always full. The other is hidden (near night vision trail) and usually empty.

Take the van over to Kidani and check out their safari. The animals seemed to be so much closer during viewing...

- enjoy!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #2369
Kebby
Mouseketeer

We just bit the bullet and booked and amazing deal for club level at the polynesian with a travel agency. We saved 2800.00 off rack rate!!!!

A few questions!!

1. Now that I have a confirmation number, can I contact the IPO? Is there a certain email for the IPO for the polynesian?

2. Can the IPO book the Dessert party for me or am I better to book myself?

3. Should I send room requests to the IPO or just do it when I do online check in?

thanks!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #2370
1girln3boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post

Happy early 40th!

There is so much to do at AKL, so much so we usually stay there on non-park days...

When you get to the lobby ask to be taken to the 6th floor CL to checkin. If you go (or are taken) to to the lobby front desk they WILL try to check you in themselves down there. I don't understand why they try to do that, but I've had that happen twice at AKL and Poly - and it really frustrates the CL staff since they have checkin packets ready and waiting.

The CL lounge is awesome. If you are not staying DVC, it is a bit of a walk to get there since the CL rooms are on 4th floor. Not bad though. Our favorite room side is Kudu Trail. The lounge food is pretty good, African influenced. My favorite are some type of goat cheese/olive tarts. Make sure to try the African Smoothie.

Not sure if your kids are going, but they expanded the lounge a few years ago to include a kids area. Our kids are now Jr/Sr High, so they don't partake in many of the activities they used to (games, face painting), but they still love it. My son always enjoyed King Pin. Pretty sure AKL is their favorite resort...

There are 2 hot tubs. One is right near the pool and always full. The other is hidden (near night vision trail) and usually empty.

Take the van over to Kidani and check out their safari. The animals seemed to be so much closer during viewing...

- enjoy!
Thanks so much. No kids this trip just me and hubby.

Me: 38 DH: 39 DD 16 DS 14 DS 8 DS 6

Past Disney Trips:
First Family Trip Pop Century: June 6-11 2011
All Star Sports: May 31st-June 9th 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: