Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #16
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I am concierge and when I was asked I was told I did not have to wait up until midnight. I specifically wanted 2 cabanas on a DD with #17, the furthest out possible. I logged in right at midnight anyway and it was done. As were my palo brunch reservations. I got cabana #15 both days because I was told that was the furthest out I could book due to weddings and if none were booked they would move me. Which they did end up doing eventually, so now I have #17.

I have no doubt it was set up automated. They guaranteed nothing, but told me not to wait to worry and to let them take care of me. And they did.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #17
tracyaem
Earning My Ears

I'm sailing concierge in November and can confirm that CMs are not waiting up til midnight and frantically logging in with all of our requests

A week or so prior to the 120 day mark, I emailed back and forth with shoreside concierge (super helpful and nice!!!). For Palo or spa treatments, they gave me very specific times they could and couldn't do - which makes me believe they do pre-book things or at least have a tally going of which concierge requests have already been made. The day before the 120 day mark I logged on and viewed my itinerary - all reservations showed up including times and the specific cabana number we received. So they were obviously booked prior to midnight. I could not book anything (those sections were grayed out) but the activities still showed up on my reservation.

This will be our first DCL cruise and so far I am very pleasantly suprised with the concierge service.
tracyaem is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #18
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

If we are booked through a travel agent, we can still access Shoreside Concierge after our trip is paid in full, correct?

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #19
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
If we are booked through a travel agent, we can still access Shoreside Concierge after our trip is paid in full, correct?
Yes, you can.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #20
kathi
DIS Veteran

I'm platinum and cruising for the first time in years not in concierge. I assumed because we were now platinum I had a fighting chance of logging on at midnight and getting a cabana.

I logged on exactly at midnight a few days ago and ALL CABANAS were gone on the Family Beach and only 2 were left on the adult beach (we need family beach).

I understand that concierge guests pay a lot of money for their rooms, but I'm scratching my head as to the overwhelming benfit of being platinum if all of the most desired stuff is already gone at the 120 window.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #21
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

I also "pre-booked" with concierge for our october cruise and checked at the exact stroke of midnight and everything was plugged in. No one has fingers that fast, definitely automated.
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi View Post

I understand that concierge guests pay a lot of money for their rooms, but I'm scratching my head as to the overwhelming benfit of being platinum if all of the most desired stuff is already gone at the 120 window.
Over the past couple years DCL has lessened the draw to become platinum. The only exclusive benefit you do get now is priority boarding, after concierge. The discount is shared with Gold, along with the reception. The special tours/experiences are gone, along with the increased OBC for OBBs. We would never get a cabana at CC, so this latest change really won't affect us. Everything we valued was gone already.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #23
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

Question about prebooked "activity"?

We are all booked! However, on our Palo and Remy reservations only one name is listed. A code is listed after the time, for instance, DD PALO 2.

Just spoke with shoreside, our reservations are for two. The reservation is in my name. Regardless of the number dining, the reservation will only list one name.

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #24
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
If I'm understanding this right, we must be paid in full to use Shoreside Concierge and it doesn't matter if we used a travel agent? This is the first time we are doing a cruise and the first time we are doing concierge. We booked with a travel agent so I'm trying to figure out if I need my TA to make requests. At what time frame do people normally contact concierge or do they contact you? Sorry for all the questions, but we really want to get a cabana for our cruise and I was trying to figure out a way around having to stay up to midnight to do it.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #25
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
If I'm understanding this right, we must be paid in full to use Shoreside Concierge and it doesn't matter if we used a travel agent? This is the first time we are doing a cruise and the first time we are doing concierge. We booked with a travel agent so I'm trying to figure out if I need my TA to make requests. At what time frame do people normally contact concierge or do they contact you? Sorry for all the questions, but we really want to get a cabana for our cruise and I was trying to figure out a way around having to stay up to midnight to do it.
I've been reading and from what I can tell you have to be paid in full and then you can contact shoreside concierge and make your request (or your TA but I'm guessing contacting shoreside concierge would get better results). You have to be paid in full before you can access any of those services though.

As far as them contacting you, not sure.....this is our first cruise as well . I put a note on my calendar close to 120 days, so I'll be sure to be paid in full, and have all my research and request written down to turn over to the concierge (or stay up myself and do it).

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #26
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

You must be paid in full. Does not matter where you booked your cruise. You can send your requests to Shoreside Concierge well before the 120 day mark.

Shoreside will also contact you a few days before the 120 day mark.

From my email, "As a Concierge Guest, your services begin even before you board the ship. Beginning at 120 days" ... "prior to your sail date,
as long as your reservation has been paid in full, your Shoreside
Concierge Services Team can offer you personalized service in planning
the details of your cruise including:"

There are VERY helpful, and easy to work with!

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #27
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Over the past couple years DCL has lessened the draw to become platinum. The only exclusive benefit you do get now is priority boarding, after concierge. The discount is shared with Gold, along with the reception. The special tours/experiences are gone, along with the increased OBC for OBBs. We would never get a cabana at CC, so this latest change really won't affect us. Everything we valued was gone already.
So true. With concierge 'pre-booking' cabanas, platinum level is meaningless at this point. Even at silver and gold levels, we never had trouble getting excursions or Palo reservations. Even so, we still have a fabulous cruise!
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #28
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYNARDS99 View Post
You must be paid in full. Does not matter where you booked your cruise. You can send your requests to Shoreside Concierge well before the 120 day mark.

Shoreside will also contact you a few days before the 120 day mark.

From my email, "As a Concierge Guest, your services begin even before you board the ship. Beginning at 120 days" ... "prior to your sail date,
as long as your reservation has been paid in full, your Shoreside
Concierge Services Team can offer you personalized service in planning
the details of your cruise including:"

There are VERY helpful, and easy to work with!
Thanks for the info. I've been keeping a sheet that has all my notes for this upcoming cruise and it has now grown to over 5 pages. Since this is a once in a lifetime trip for us I want to make sure I have everything lined up.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #29
barbja99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi View Post
I'm platinum and cruising for the first time in years not in concierge. I assumed because we were now platinum I had a fighting chance of logging on at midnight and getting a cabana.

I logged on exactly at midnight a few days ago and ALL CABANAS were gone on the Family Beach and only 2 were left on the adult beach (we need family beach).

Perhaps this is less of an issue with the classic ships since there are only 22 concierge cabins vs 41?

Disney Wonder: Alaska, July 2013
barbja99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #30
TLLCanada
Mouseketeer

I wish I had known something about this "pre-booking" thing. I am going concierge for the 2nd time in two years and stayed up until midnight to book my cabana. Travelling with an autistic child, this is a must for us otherwise we likely won't be able to get off the boat in Castaway Cay. I logged in before midnight, hit refresh every 2 seconds and at 00:00:01 there were NO family cabanas left. They were all sold out.
I am actually really upset to hear this is happening. They certainly don't advertise it. My TA put in a request for a cabana at the time of our booking in January but clearly it got unnoticed. I am actually mad enough that I might even consider cancelling the cruise if this is how they treat guests.
TLLCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: