Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Is there a bar on deck that makes mixed drinks? We really enjoy the one at the resorts....hope there is something similar. I don't want to bring a bar with me and attempt to mix my own LOL, I'm sure it would be horrid if I tried that. My husband is fine with a beer, and we have some OBC so how much is the average beer on the cruise?
LOTS of bars, don't worry, you don't HAVE to be your own bartender. But its cheaper to bring a bottle (or, apparently six or twelve) so a lot of people do it.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #17
kathywolf
Earning My Ears

Order fruit from room service, get juice at breakfast, add your rum and boom a delicious cocktail that you of course are enjoying in the privacy of your room!
kathywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #18
FiveForFun
Mouseketeer

We bring wine, champagne, captain morgan's, coconut rum and like a flavored vodka (vanilla or citrus?) and maybe beer. Lots of good mixes with coke for the rums. Good mix with the vodka and sprite. I also started ordering stoli and gingerale to help with the stomach in rougher seas.

It's always good to stock up while in port too
FiveForFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #19
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
At the risk of the huge backlash I'm sure will ensue, I will point out that any alcohol brought onboard by guests must be consumed in the privacy of their room. Not in public areas.

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area. Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...age-containers
If you knew you were going to get backlash why post? Most of us on here are grown ups and know the rules. The poster asked a very innocent question and said nothing about consuming in public areas! I just don't get why you would try to turn a simple question into a debate!
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #20
DeniseMarie526
Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeppers
If you knew you were going to get backlash why post? Most of us on here are grown ups and know the rules. The poster asked a very innocent question and said nothing about consuming in public areas! I just don't get why you would try to turn a simple question into a debate!
IMHO It is a good reminder. Please remember that these boards have both Veteran Cruisers and Newbies. I have never cruises before and I love hearing all the stories, rule breaking or not. But don't assume that everyone knows all the rules. And if you don't like the gentle reminder, do as my Children do, roll you eyes and say "yes Mom".....lol

Now I was thinking what I could mix Swedish fish vodka with! But I know for sure that I'll have my whipped cream with orange juice..delish!
Old 08-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #21
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
At the risk of the huge backlash I'm sure will ensue, I will point out that any alcohol brought onboard by guests must be consumed in the privacy of their room. Not in public areas.

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area. Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #22
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeppers View Post
Unless PrincessShmoo is on board monitoring what we do with the booze we bring on board, it's cool to wander the ship with your homemade cocktail, glass of wine, or beer.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #23
pershing
DIS Veteran

Brought a bottle of Coconut Rum aboard last time and used it with the following.

1/2 cup filled with Hi-C punch from drink station
1/4 cup filled with banana/strawberry mix ice cream.
Add Rum to taste and stir with straw until well mixed

Voila! Instant Frozen Drink!

(Sometimes I used saved Cranberry Juice from breakfast!)

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder
pershing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #24
pershing
DIS Veteran

I know the chocolate ice cream was used to make Frozen Mud Slides but I don't know how to make a mudslide.

Sue
01/02/14-01/05/14 Disney Magic 04/13/13 - 04/20/13 Disney Fantasy 04/19/12 - 04/22/12 Disney Dream 04/17/11 - 04/21/11 Disney Dream 05/10/09 - 05/14/09 Disney Wonder 04/14/07 - 04/21/07 Disney Magic 01/15/05 - 01/22/05 Disney Magic 11/13/03 - 11/16/03 Disney Wonder
pershing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:23 AM   #25
martinm
Grumpy Old Man

This last cruise I had two bottles of rum in my room but never opened them.

I got hooked on Conch Coolers and that kept me busy
martinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #26
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseMarie526 View Post
IMHO It is a good reminder. Please remember that these boards have both Veteran Cruisers and Newbies. I have never cruises before and I love hearing all the stories, rule breaking or not. But don't assume that everyone knows all the rules. And if you don't like the gentle reminder, do as my Children do, roll you eyes and say "yes Mom".....lol

Now I was thinking what I could mix Swedish fish vodka with! But I know for sure that I'll have my whipped cream with orange juice..delish!
Yep. And if you are going to roll your eyes, remember two things - 1) Its particularly important that you don't bring glass near the pool decks - just don't carry glass around - far too many sandaled and barefoot feet. And 2) Disney doesn't HAVE to permit alcohol aboard and could easily confiscate it as part of bag checks - don't be so obnoxious about ignoring the rules that you spoil it for everyone else - and yourself for future trips.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #27
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Cubre Libre
Rum brought from home.
Coke from the drink fountain.
Lime for the lunch buffet.
Mixed it myself in the room and walked around the ship drinking it, then went back, and made a second drink.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #28
Suger Mag
Mouseketeer

peachy screwdrivers...

My husband did a beer exchange with some fellow DISers so we had a nice variety of beer, and in addition we would get orange and cranberry juice with our morning coffee delivery and then mix it with vodka and peach schnapps later in the afternoon. Simple and yummy.
Suger Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #29
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

My honey made us his own margarita mix for our own sail away party as a family on our veranda. Tequila, Grand Marnier (I think) and a squirt of the 'lime shaped' lime juice (can't bring fruit on board). It didn't have all the sugar and salt of the premixed kinds and packed a wallop. I like margaritas on rocks myself. Otherwise, we had a glass of wine or some diet coke with spiced rum we brought on board.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #30
SueZQ5
Earning My Ears

Smile Cups

What does everybody do about cups? I really don't want to walk around the boat with a red plastic cup=tacky??
SueZQ5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: