Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #2311
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

UPDATE: We are now in the room. Eveything is clean and pretty. No fridge. Magicbands worked on the doors. Super cool. Everyone is sleeping off the jet lag since we all woke up at 2 AM
Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #2312
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Katherine View Post
UPDATE: We are now in the room. Eveything is clean and pretty. No fridge. Magicbands worked on the doors. Super cool. Everyone is sleeping off the jet lag since we all woke up at 2 AM
Do you have a Magic Kingdom view? Just wondering if there is a noise issue with the construction of the new MK bus depot accross the street.

Thanks!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #2313
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

We do not have an TPV. But you cannot hear the noise outside the club level while you are next to the window. You can hear it on the balcony.

EDIT: If you want your MagicBands to work you need to hold them against the thingy for a long time until you see the green light. You can't just flash it once quickly and go "Well, MagicBands are a bust." .

Katie
Old 08-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #2314
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Hope everyone cheers up after naps! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #2315
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you like the room. Hope everyone gets the rest they need .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #2316
blo2002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Enjoy your trip.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #2317
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

We leave for CR in 7 days and I JUST discovered the Contempo Cafe. We normally like the moderate resorts for their food courts (I know, we're crazy).

Anyway, I'm wondering how big it is and how crowded it gets, especially for lunch and early dinners. I see the pictures from the beginning of the thread, but I can't figure out how big it is.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #2318
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great time!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #2319
CoolPool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
We leave for CR in 7 days and I JUST discovered the Contempo Cafe. We normally like the moderate resorts for their food courts (I know, we're crazy).

Anyway, I'm wondering how big it is and how crowded it gets, especially for lunch and early dinners. I see the pictures from the beginning of the thread, but I can't figure out how big it is.
It's not a food court. It gets crazy crowded and empties all in about 3 minutes. You order your food, they hand you a piece of paper with your order, you go pay for it then they hand you a pager and suggest you go find a table if you are eating in. When your pager explodes, you go get your stuff. It's the cheapest and quickest way to get Mickey waffles (use the vegetarian option and you are not stuck paying for the extra meat products.)
Old 08-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #2320
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

CA Grill has been lit up at night. From afar, they appear to have added much more lighting, perhaps pendant lights? Hard to tell from afar, but it is very bright. I spoke to a manager who said the latest re-opening estimate is still around the first week of September.

Early morning from the trail along Bay Lake between FW and WL:
Old 08-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #2321
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
CA Grill has been lit up at night. From afar, they appear to have added much more lighting, perhaps pendant lights? Hard to tell from afar, but it is very bright. I spoke to a manager who said the latest re-opening estimate is still around the first week of September.
Beautiful pic....thanks for posting . Also thanks for the update on CA Grill. We've never eaten there, but we are considering it for one of our nights when we are at the CR in December.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #2322
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Beautiful pic....thanks for posting . Also thanks for the update on CA Grill. We've never eaten there, but we are considering it for one of our nights when we are at the CR in December.
You're welcome! It's always a must-do for us. I'm not sure how we'll like the "newly imagined" CA Grill, but I would still recommend to anyone that they try it at least once. At least the view will be unchanged

Have you booked your split stay yet?
Old 08-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #2323
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
[CENTER]CA Grill has been lit up at night. From afar, they appear to have added much more lighting, perhaps pendant lights? Hard to tell from afar, but it is very bright. I spoke to a manager who said the latest re-opening estimate is still around the first week of September.

KOOK Love the pics!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #2324
Princess Katherine
The Yeti's Girlfriend

Quote:

This is going to sound silly but it looks like they are Christmas lights from up close!

Katie
Old 08-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #2325
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome! It's always a must-do for us. I'm not sure how we'll like the "newly imagined" CA Grill, but I would still recommend to anyone that they try it at least once. At least the view will be unchanged

Have you booked your split stay yet?
I already have our ADRs booked, but may change one of them to CA Grill .

Yes, I finally booked . By the time I decided what to go with, the new RO promo was going to be coming out, so I held off until 8/1 when the discounts were released. I had my choice of every room type from GW through MKV CL. I decided to go all out and went with MKV CL 12/17-12/19 and got a 20% discount. I called with BLV CL in mind, but MKV CL wasn't that much more for the 2 nights, so by the time I knew it, I was telling her to book that . I'm happy with my CR choice and I was able to get Poly CL for 12/22-12/24 with 30%, so that really made my day because I wasn't expecting any discounts for those 2 nights since it's the beginning of Christmas week .

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: