Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #241
BaileyFamily704
We've earned our ears, now to earn our sea legs

FE List

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner5 View Post
Hi! I have no idea if I am replying to this thread right Never done this before, but we would like to be a part of the fish extender if possible?

Thanks
Hi,
My name is Crystal. I am organizing the fish extender groups for our cruise. We have been posting a lot of information on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/
If you send me a message with the information needed and I will be sure to get your family added to the FE list.
Thanks,
Crystal

Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Since 2009
1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

BaileyFamily704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #242
BaileyFamily704

FE List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom on the run yyc View Post
Hey All, I am totally new to cruising and I just found this board in the last couple of days. I'm totally bummed that I've missed the deadline for the Fish Extenders and I am hoping that there might be others that might be in the same boat (lol) that would want to make up a last minute FE group. I would hate for my kids to miss out on this opportunity because I didn't find out about this in time.
Hi,
My name is Crystal. I am organizing the fish extender groups for our cruise. We have been posting a lot of information on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/
If you send me a message with the information needed and I will be sure to get your family added to the FE list.
Thanks,
Crystal

1st Cruise: Disney Wonder (5513) - California Coastal 9/9-14/2013 (FE Co-Organizer)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #243
BaileyFamily704

3rd Fish Extender List!!!

Hello Everyone,
We have had a few last minute requests for a third Fish Extender list. If you are interested in taking part, please contact me via our facebook page or through PM and I will be more than happy to add your families information to the newest list.
We will be closing the 3rd list @ 8:00pm Friday August 9 that way everyone on the list has 1 full month to plan for their gifts.

Thanks,
Crystal

Old 08-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #244
MasonsG
Earning My Ears

Disney transfers from LA port

I have unfortunately not been able to visit your Facebook page (one of those rare individuals who do not have an acct) so wondering if this has been mentioned. I had watched the May chat when the Wonder did her reposition up to Vancouver and they had shared that there was no Disney transfer option from LAX to the ship. But we got a welcome from DCL regarding our upcoming sailing, this time they are offering transfers... 'Disney Cruise Line offers transportation from the World Cruise Center to the Los Angeles International Airport and the Disneyland Resort Hotels'. I was wondering if anyone else had checked into this, (we have arranged SuperShuttle but if we went with Disney we wouldn't have to haul along the car booster seat as we don't need it in Vancouver). They mention you need to probably commit before sailing. I haven't priced it yet, has anyone else booked the transfer? Or could you share this for the others on your facebook forum please.
MasonsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #245
preppy888
Earning My Ears

I just booked my family's cruise and found out that you're organizing the FE program. I hope it's not too late to join!

My name is Serena, and I will be cruising with my husband, Sam and our two children - Caitlyn (4) and Ryan (2). It's our first cruise and we're so excited!

Do you need any additional information? And where or how should I go about getting the mailbox thingie, any suggestions? Thanks so much!

--Serena
preppy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #246
BaileyFamily704

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppy888 View Post
I just booked my family's cruise and found out that you're organizing the FE program. I hope it's not too late to join!

My name is Serena, and I will be cruising with my husband, Sam and our two children - Caitlyn (4) and Ryan (2). It's our first cruise and we're so excited!

Do you need any additional information? And where or how should I go about getting the mailbox thingie, any suggestions? Thanks so much!

--Serena
Hi Serena,
My name is Crystal, and I am one of the co-organizers of the fish extender exchange. we have recently added a 3rd group to out list and I would be happy to add your family.
I just need a couple of more things,
1. What is your families last name? And Cabin Number?
2. Does anyone have a favorite character
3. Anything special being celebrated or any allergies?

Also, almost everyone on the FE list is on the Facebook page. Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/239388556205821/ in case you are interested. The page seems to get much more love than the disboard

As for your pocket/pouch, I personally made mine, but I have also seen them for sale on etsy and ebay. If you look now you may be able to find one that can arrive before we depart. For some suggestions on making your own I would head over to www.pinterest.com search FISH EXTENDER, that is what I did.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #247
knabebug
DCL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsG View Post
I have unfortunately not been able to visit your Facebook page (one of those rare individuals who do not have an acct) so wondering if this has been mentioned. I had watched the May chat when the Wonder did her reposition up to Vancouver and they had shared that there was no Disney transfer option from LAX to the ship. But we got a welcome from DCL regarding our upcoming sailing, this time they are offering transfers... 'Disney Cruise Line offers transportation from the World Cruise Center to the Los Angeles International Airport and the Disneyland Resort Hotels'. I was wondering if anyone else had checked into this, (we have arranged SuperShuttle but if we went with Disney we wouldn't have to haul along the car booster seat as we don't need it in Vancouver). They mention you need to probably commit before sailing. I haven't priced it yet, has anyone else booked the transfer? Or could you share this for the others on your facebook forum please.
In the past we have been able to book the transfer back to the airport onboard. Perhaps because this is a short cruise, it would be better to prebook. Call DCL or your travel agent if booked thru one. We have often taken the dcl transfers.
knabebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #248
CaymanJet
Earning My Ears

Wonder

Hi, My name is Julie. My husband Dave and out two youngest children will be cruising on the Wonder. My son is 11, turning 12 in October. My daughter just turned 6. We are getting excited about the cruise. The fourth for me and the 3rd for the rest of my family
Has anyone booked a port adventure for San Francisco? i would like to go to Alcatraz.

Last edited by CaymanJet; 08-05-2013 at 05:51 PM.
CaymanJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #249
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe there was an option to book a transfer back to lax when I booked my cruise. Are you booked through a TA, or do you have access to your reservation online?

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #250
MasonsG
Earning My Ears

I do have a TA but I think I will do better adding this option on my own. It just totally caught me off guard as someone from the May 2013 Pacific Coastal Wonder reposition had shared that there was no transfer option from LAX for their cruise. So I was not expecting it in Sept, we had booked supershuttle but we have to bring our own car seat, if Disney offers the transfer that is one less thing to have to haul along. This is our first (although we have caught the bug and now have 4 cruises booked on DCL) but this is our first Disney cruise and I appreciate the feedback because if I cancel our shuttle and then DCL decides there is not enough interest and cancels, we would be up a creek with no car seat. But sure would be nice to have one less thing to haul around and keep track of :0) Thank you both, (and knabebug- you guys have been great, we have our detour to Victoria all set for next May when we disembark). Thanks everyone for helping us newbies out!!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #251
DLRPfan.be
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We booked the transfer from the ship to LAX with DCL. It's $ 30,- pp.

Disneyland Resort Paris: we lost the count...
WDW Florida: 1 x in 1993, 1 x in 2003, 1 x in 2009...
Disneyland California: 1 x in 2005

1st. Mediterranean Cruise with the "Disney Magic": 18-28 July 2007.

Western Caribbean Cruise: 25 july - 1 august 2009.
8 night Repositioning Cruise Dover to Barcelona: 30 July 2010.
2nd. Mediterranean Cruise 20 - 30 july with the "Disney Magic" 2011.
Alaska Cruise 2 - 9 sept. with Disney Wonder 2013.
Vancouver to Los Angeles repocruise with Disney Wonder 2013.

WBTA 2014, 6 - 20 sept. with Disney Magic.
DLRPfan.be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #252
MasonsG
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much, sounds like a great option to leave that car seat in the car (we're leaving it parked at an LAX off site lot).
Old 08-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #253
She Taz
Counting Down the Days Till I Cruise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRPfan.be View Post
We booked the transfer from the ship to LAX with DCL. It's $ 30,- pp.
We just discovered it when booking our hotel. We are staying 5 days at the PPH and when I was talking to the CM she mentioned the transfer option. So happy they have one now less stress.

She Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #254
She Taz
Counting Down the Days Till I Cruise Again

Does anyone know how long it will take to clear customs before boarding the ship? We are flying in Monday morning from Edmonton and am hoping I have scheduled in enough time before our PAT. What happens if you are late for it?

She Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #255
Disneynanny
Mrs. Captain Mickey

My boss is on honeymoon need help

Hi my boss is spending his honeymoon on this cruise.His stateroom is 5018.I want to make it special.This is his first cruise. One of the cast members is willing to send my boss something to the room. They are traveling with his 3 year son. Any ideas? I'm trying to get an FE extender to put on his door.Someone on this cruise said they would surprise him with it if I emailed it to them. But I forgot who. I've tried to join this cruise facebook group but noone got back to me.
Disneynanny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: