Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #3421
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran
 
Blessed_wth_Triplets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera23608 View Post
It's how I feel. I'm far from the only one who feels this way and rightfully so. I'm sorry you don't understand. I guess if a ton of people were offered a great deal, but you were randomly excluded from it, you'd be fine with it, but I'm not OK with that.
I understand how you feel. The fact that some could be going on the exact same trip but because one person got a PIN and the other didn't, one is saving say, over $1,000 over the other...not cool
__________________
Me DH .
DS DS DS
DD
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #3422
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 171

I must have gotten lucky we got free dinning in sept for pofq so they must have it some times?
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #3423
suetoo
Mouseketeer
 
suetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post

POFQ never gets discounts or if it does it's 5%. It so small and very popular so no need to offer a discount.
Not true. I have stayed at POFQ 3 times on free dining. This was in the last couple of years but before I discovered these boards. In no way was I first to call. I probably called weeks into the promo and made an original booking, not a modification.
I honestly think the boards and made it harder to get a discount for these resorts because we anticipate a discount and book ahead and then get ourselves excluded. It can happen. Others have also said, if the resort is already filling up, why offer a discount.
I booked with a AAA discount at BC and when a better one came out for RO I tried to apply that, but no luck
__________________
1999~ASM, 2005,2007,2008,2010~SSR,, March 2011~POFQ June 2011 Cruise Day
March 2012~POFQ, Oct. 2012~AKV Oct.2013~BC
Food & Wine Festival is my Happy Place
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #3424
suetoo
Mouseketeer
 
suetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post

I understand how you feel. The fact that some could be going on the exact same trip but because one person got a PIN and the other didn't, one is saving say, over $1,000 over the other...not cool
I feel the same way!
__________________
1999~ASM, 2005,2007,2008,2010~SSR,, March 2011~POFQ June 2011 Cruise Day
March 2012~POFQ, Oct. 2012~AKV Oct.2013~BC
Food & Wine Festival is my Happy Place
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #3425
Srbright
Mouseketeer
 
Srbright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera23608

It's how I feel. I'm far from the only one who feels this way and rightfully so. I'm sorry you don't understand. I guess if a ton of people were offered a great deal, but you were randomly excluded from it, you'd be fine with it, but I'm not OK with that.
Yes, I am absolutely okay with that. Most of those people, at least reading these boards, switched resorts to get the free dining.

The guy next to me has a bigger monitor than I do because I started 3 weeks before the new equipment came in and he started the week after. It happens.

We have free dining for POFQ so discounts do happen there.

Stacy
__________________
October 2014 CBR 7N/8D
(Was CSR (9N/10D), POR (8N/9D) & ASMo (6N/7D), how many times can I change it?)
September 2013 - POR (9N/10D)
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #3426
dfGoofy
Earning My Ears
 
dfGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
POFQ never gets discounts or if it does it's 5%. It so small and very popular so no need to offer a discount.
Our last 2 stays were at POFQ with Free Dining. November '09 and February '12.
__________________
Me DW DD8 DD6 DD2



10/13 CBR Pirate Room!
02/12 POFQ
11/09 POFQ
dfGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #3427
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you
 
MakiraMarlena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Temperate zones, tropic zones, no parking zones
Posts: 4,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera23608 View Post
It's how I feel. I'm far from the only one who feels this way and rightfully so. I'm sorry you don't understand. I guess if a ton of people were offered a great deal, but you were randomly excluded from it, you'd be fine with it, but I'm not OK with that.
You weren't randomly excluded from it. There is nothing random about the choice of resorts to exclude. Things are changing, and they are now choosing with this particular offer to exclude the smallest/newest/most popular resorts. Disney's been working up to this sort of thing for some time. Slim to no discount during peak times, reduced discounts at popular resorts, credit card holds for popular restaurants. No free dining at Art of Animation. Now there are new resorts in the exclusion mix.

If you are inclined to choose POFQ over the free dining, that's your prerogative, as the only way you can get free dining under this offer is to move to another resort. If you want to stay at POFQ to the exclusion of any other alternative, and you have a shot at any other type of discount there, the best thing to do is to call and inquire about having that discount added ASAP before you lose the opportunity to get it.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #3428
dfGoofy
Earning My Ears
 
dfGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera23608 View Post
It's how I feel. I'm far from the only one who feels this way and rightfully so. I'm sorry you don't understand. I guess if a ton of people were offered a great deal, but you were randomly excluded from it, you'd be fine with it, but I'm not OK with that.
I am going in October and we WERE booked at CSR. We couldn't get Free Dining for CSR so we had to switch to CBR Pirate rooms. I have 3 daughters and my wife's grandmother and aunt are going with us in a separate room and they also switched. Do you think we really wanted a Pirate Room? But for almost $1000 less we took it. We don't spend that much time in the room anyway. Hey, at least I will feel more manly in the room full of women!!

Someone I work with is going the week before me and during the blackout dates. He had the choice of RO or moving his dates. RO at a value with the price increases actually increased his cost so he left it as is. He made the choice not to move his dates to save $500 or $600. I had already told my wife if we didn't get FD then I was going to look into renting points and book DVC. I calculated it and I could stay there with dining for about the same as a moderate and paying for dining. If DVC rooms are available. You had the choice to try for another resort. I'm sorry you didn't get free dining but part of the problem is you weren't flexible.
__________________
Me DW DD8 DD6 DD2



10/13 CBR Pirate Room!
02/12 POFQ
11/09 POFQ
dfGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #3429
gokdog
Mouseketeer
 
gokdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 174

Well, we are now booked during the November Free dining window, so all is well.

I think our experiences from 2011, when we really had the full array of choices well into the period made me think that this time the availability would be the same. In 2011, we stayed at POFQ, booked a few weeks into the availability and basically picked the dates we wanted in December.


This time, I was really surprised at how many people either pre-booked holding reservations awaiting the free dining announcement or how few free dining reservations they were making available for the moderates. Now the other problem with ours was the 5 person room need, but I would have rather "paid" for a Port Orleans Riverside 5 person room, but we "settled" for Beach Club, which was the least expensive 5 person option we could find, with the free dining.

Now that being said, we are super duper excited, as we have always wanted to stay at Beach Club, but very different experience this time around.

Cheers,
__________________
Dave
Disneyland
FFI 2013, PPH Concierge 2013, GCH 2013, PPH 2012, PPH 2011, DHL 2011, GCH 2011, DL 2009
Walt Disney World
WDW POFQ Dec 2011, Beach Club 2013
gokdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #3430
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard
 
2Tiggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On our way Home
Posts: 19,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokdog View Post
Well, we are now booked during the November Free dining window, so all is well.

I think our experiences from 2011, when we really had the full array of choices well into the period made me think that this time the availability would be the same. In 2011, we stayed at POFQ, booked a few weeks into the availability and basically picked the dates we wanted in December.


This time, I was really surprised at how many people either pre-booked holding reservations awaiting the free dining announcement or how few free dining reservations they were making available for the moderates.
There definitely seem to be either fewer discount rooms at POFQ this year or maybe it has just become so much more popular so the demand is high but I was struggling to find standard rooms for some dates months out and that's unusual from my experience. We've stayed there every year since 2010. I don't know what the deal is with the discounts this year but there do seem to be fewer. Either that or others are just quicker than me
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #3431
lauradis
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: East of cleveland ohio
Posts: 3,010

Org plan was oct 21-27 deluxe dinning preferred room 3 adults cornodo springs
$4,123

2 hrs 09 mins 28 second hold time and got oct 22-27 reg dinning perfered room 3 adults coronodo springs $2340

thats heck of difference and worth the 2 hrs of hold time
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #3432
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradis View Post
Org plan was oct 21-27 deluxe dinning preferred room 3 adults cornodo springs
$4,123

2 hrs 09 mins 28 second hold time and got oct 22-27 reg dinning perfered room 3 adults coronodo springs $2340

thats heck of difference and worth the 2 hrs of hold time
That is amazing. Congrats!!!
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #3433
Srbright
Mouseketeer
 
Srbright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies

There definitely seem to be either fewer discount rooms at POFQ this year or maybe it has just become so much more popular so the demand is high but I was struggling to find standard rooms for some dates months out and that's unusual from my experience. We've stayed there every year since 2010. I don't know what the deal is with the discounts this year but there do seem to be fewer. Either that or others are just quicker than me
Google came out with the "ruler" lab for maps.... and everyone measured the distance from the rooms to the amenities (main bldg, pool, boat & busses) at POFQ and decided 500 ft beat 1500 ft especially after a long day in the park.

Stacy
__________________
October 2014 CBR 7N/8D
(Was CSR (9N/10D), POR (8N/9D) & ASMo (6N/7D), how many times can I change it?)
September 2013 - POR (9N/10D)
September 2012 - POR (6N/7D)
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Srbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #3434
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard
 
2Tiggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: On our way Home
Posts: 19,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbright View Post
Google came out with the "ruler" lab for maps.... and everyone measured the distance from the rooms to the amenities (main bldg, pool, boat & busses) at POFQ and decided 500 ft beat 1500 ft especially after a long day in the park.

Stacy
I missed a trick then!! Mystery solved
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #3435
jas792
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 63

Annual pass question

I have an annual pass it will expire on August 27.. We booked the free dining plan at pop September 2 to September 9th. Can I take the tickets we bought for that package and use them as a credit toward renewing my annual pass. Thanks
jas792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: