Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #31
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

We stayed at AoA Cars suite last October for two nights and then switched to a suite at Wilderness Lodge.

We FAR preferred the convenience of WL.

The buses at AoA weren't horrible, but the bus-stop is a HIKE from really any section of the hotel. The QS restaurant is a ZOO. We went at a non-peak time and still found it to be nearly unbearable to try to manage ordering, juggling multiple trays and corralling our twins. Add in the echo-chamber noise of that big cafeteria and it was not fun.

The room itself was great (loved having two bathrooms), plenty big, comfy and the pools were fun, as well as the kiddie splashground.

BUT, WL was just SO NICE. We were in a Club Level suite, so I know that contributes to our warm-fuzzy feelings, but it was just all so much more serene and relaxing than AoA. We used a stroller and were able to roll it onto the ferry to MK. The bus-stop was convenient for AK. We ate at Chef Mickey's and California Grill, and taking the ferry to CR was great and the boys loved it. The pool is great AND they have a kiddie pool (not really a consideration for your kids) AND two hot-tubs (the Poly does not have either of those things) and again, it was just much more laid-back and relaxing than AoA.

We're going back in September and staying in a 1bdroom WL Villa this time. Chose it above either Poly Club Level or CR Club Level or Bay Lake Tower Villa. Once we are spending full-days in the parks (when the kiddos are older) we will probably try a Poly room since separating from the kids to get them to sleep earlier won't be an issue. I like the idea of the CR on the monorail and all, but the theming is just blah and the pools are all boring to me. Maybe when the kids are teenagers and we aren't as into the "magic".

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

AndreaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #32
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelton521 View Post
Has anyone stayed in a Finding Nemo suite at AoA? I was initially thinking of going that route so my parents can stay in the room with us if they come. But after talking to a Disney consultant I am thinking that may be a little too cramped. DH is 6'1" and my dad is 6'3" and a big guy. A standard room at WL is only $100 more than a suite at AoA. Are there any non-suite standard rooms in the Finding Nemo area at AoA or are they only in Little Mermaid area?
As a PP said, the only standard rooms are LM.

My DH is 6'3" and was comfortable in the master bed in our suite (LK not FN, but the suites are all the same configuration). He also tried out the sofa bed, and said it was fine. I don't think he would have been good with the murphy bed though. It might feel a little tight with 4 adults and 2 kids if you are in the room to nap or something like that. We were fine with 2 adults and 3 kids, but didn't spend a lot of time in the room. You might be better off with 2 LM standard rooms, hoping for adjoining, than with a suite if you are going to spend much time in the room. For sleeping, though, you'd probably be OK.

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: