Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #241
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Attended Dessert Party in Feb. w/my nephew. He has autism spectrum disorder as well as BiPolar disorder. It was great to have a table as he would be unable to stand ānd wait for or watch the fireworks in the crowds of people. We did have people practically on top of us coming from behind to watch from the railing. I pushed our chairs back a little so he could remain seated and we could still see the fireworks. Going to try for a res for Nov.!
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #242
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I'm hoping make ress in November but I wanted to take a look to where you would book and everytime in try to put it in it brings me to a list of resteraunts in the mk. Did they change there site?
Are you Canadian? If so it doesn't work for us you have to call. I did manage to get it loaded on my work computer because I have a VPN that blocks the IP address but now it screws up my account anytime I try and log in from another computer.

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW October 2015 TOT10 mile here I come!
dizzyr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #243
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyr View Post
Are you Canadian? If so it doesn't work for us you have to call. I did manage to get it loaded on my work computer because I have a VPN that blocks the IP address but now it screws up my account anytime I try and log in from another computer.

No, I live in Rhode island, is was at my mother's at the time and we were trying to find our resort pkg that shows our fd but the only way we can see it is on the UK site. It seemed like everything else we wanted to look up kept bringing us back to that site which doesn't give us the option of the dessert party ress. When I got home everything was fine but I had a mini heart attack because I have that pg bookmarked on my kindel so I will be ready to go for Sept. Trying to get a ress for five on 11/10 to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. Plus, she doesn't know my sister will be down there the week before to surprise her that night. She lied to her the other day and said she's going camping in Maine. It's funny, she's mad because she needs to find someone to feed her cat for a few days since my sister won't be there.

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #244
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

I am so bummed....I was finally able to switch out my BOG ADR this morning for an earlier time (originally had a 8:55pm ADR and was able to switch it out to a 4:20pm ADR) this would allow us to go to the Dessert party later in the evening. Unfortunately that date and the other dates that I would be able to go are all booked up . Normally I would of been on top of when the October dates were opened, but I really didn't think I was going to be able to switch out my BOG ADR. Oh well it just wasn't meant to be.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #245
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Update....major pixie dust

Well, someone was looking out for me or something because I just happened to check again for a different date during our October trip and an 8:10pm reservation popped up . I did have to sacrifice my Narcoossee's ADR, which is fine because I was able to move some things around to add that back in for later in the week. I am so ecstatic, I really didn't think anyone cancels the dessert party. I have been having such a good day with ADRs today (between finding an earlier ADR for BOG and now getting the Dessert Party)....I have never had such good luck before, hope something doesn't strike me down later .

Just out of curiosity, and it no way affects our plans, but I was wondering since I was able to book the dessert party due to someone else cancelling, would we be seated in the back of the restaurant because we booked so late or do we just take the place of the previous caller's booking place? I hope I worded it right.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #246
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Hi, anyone know when will open December bookings? It is my children first time at Disney during holidays and I really want to book it.
lizaisabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #247
jlaalja
Mouseketeer

Canceling Dessert Party for 8/10 at 9:15pm for 4 people
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]July 2008 Offsite - July 2009 Offsite - December/January 2010/2011 AKV (Kidani)/Offsite - July 2011 BCV - September 2011 SSR - December/January 2011/2012 Offsite - April 2012 SSR - June 2012 BLT - July/August 2012 DLR - September 2012 BWV - December/January 2012/2013 BCV/SSR - March/April 2013 OKW - August 2013 WL/POR - September 2013 BLT - November 2013 SSR - December/January 2013/2014 AKV (Kidani)/SSR - April 2014 VGF/BLT - June 2014 BLT - July 2014 CSR/BLT - August 2014 POR/VWL- September 2014 SSR - December/January 2014/2015 BWV/AKV

Joe Lisa Lynae (15) Jacob (12) Anthony (4)
jlaalja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #248
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
Well, someone was looking out for me or something because I just happened to check again for a different date during our October trip and an 8:10pm reservation popped up . I did have to sacrifice my Narcoossee's ADR, which is fine because I was able to move some things around to add that back in for later in the week. I am so ecstatic, I really didn't think anyone cancels the dessert party. I have been having such a good day with ADRs today (between finding an earlier ADR for BOG and now getting the Dessert Party)....I have never had such good luck before, hope something doesn't strike me down later .

Just out of curiosity, and it no way affects our plans, but I was wondering since I was able to book the dessert party due to someone else cancelling, would we be seated in the back of the restaurant because we booked so late or do we just take the place of the previous caller's booking place? I hope I worded it right.

Very good question, wish I had an answer but I have no idea. After you attend if you can please let us know where you were seated as I would really be Interrested to find out

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #249
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizaisabel View Post
Hi, anyone know when will open December bookings? It is my children first time at Disney during holidays and I really want to book it.
Anytime from last week in Sept thru 1st week in Oct

You can see past release dates for Dec on page 1

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #250
lizaisabel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Anytime from last week in Sept thru 1st week in Oct

You can see past release dates for Dec on page 1
Thanks!!!
lizaisabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #251
Ohanamoma
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Yay! Congrats!!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #252
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

I will be canceling the desserts party for October 30th for 4 people in about 3 weeks. I cannot cancel earlier due to a credit card issue. Long story. PM me if you want it and we will coordinate.
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #253
amelia1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
I will be canceling the desserts party for October 30th for 4 people in about 3 weeks. I cannot cancel earlier due to a credit card issue. Long story. PM me if you want it and we will coordinate.
I would take it but I need 5. Hmmm.
amelia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #254
sladphie
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That is AWESOME - congrats on your good fortune!

I'm not sure if things still work the same way... but I tried to get reservations for this party during our last trip, but missed out on the first couple booking days because I didn't know about great sites like this one. I did check daily though, and grabbed a ressie 2 weeks before our trip. We were at the VERY back, and I assumed it was because the ressie was made so late. The good part was that we were closest to the desserts, but we had to move to see the fireworks (which about half the people seemed to do anyway). Everyone was polite and shared railing space nicely though, while being courteous to those still seated.

But you might luck out -- even if it still works that way -- if others cancel, you would move up in the queue!

2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2009 - Fort Wilderness Campground
2002 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
1997 - Off Property
Plus MANY visits as a child!

sladphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #255
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia1 View Post
I would take it but I need 5. Hmmm.
I have seen people suggest to take reservation and modify later and add one? Not sure how this works.
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: