Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #16
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

The Samoan hash actually consists of pork, potatoes and an English muffin all chopped up together. It's my favorite!
Wasabi bloody Marys and Mimosas are available at breakfast, the servers make them. The menus are in the process of being reprinted to include them.
On the DXDDP you can order a press pot but it counts as the beverage for two people
Hth
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #17
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeps View Post
Sounds awesome! I really am going to have to try the Tonga Toast next time~~~
I have my first ressies there in November, just to try the Tonga Toast!
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2 View Post
The Samoan hash actually consists of pork, potatoes and an English muffin all chopped up together. It's my favorite!
Wasabi bloody Marys and Mimosas are available at breakfast, the servers make them. The menus are in the process of being reprinted to include them.
On the DXDDP you can order a press pot but it counts as the beverage for two people
Hth
Thanks for all the clarifications! It's funny, because when I look at my photo I can see the chopped up muffin in the hash, but for all the times I've eaten it I just never noticed that detail. Guess I need to slow down and stop inhaling the food I actually do like, as I said, that it is not served on top of a muffin because it does make it so much easier to eat.

Also great to know that the drinks are available (makes total sense).

I could of course be wrong, but I believe the particular CM we had that morning said that we had to pay OOP for the press pot; as she explained it, she said it wasn't covered on the plan. If I can, I'll try to find the receipt to find out. It's good to be armed with the knowledge that it perhaps CAN go on the plan but just counts for 2 people.

WDW once a year since 2003!
bleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #19
Karbase8
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! I and DS13 are going there for breakfast for the first time I am torn between your choices and the Tonga Toast! And would definitely like to try the coffee!!!
Karbase8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #20
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Thanks for your review. We have never tried breakfast at Kona but have it on our wish list. We love dinner there! We are hoping to do our first Poly stay in October, and maybe we will find just the right time for our first Kona breakfast. The press pot coffee sounds like it hits the spot!
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #21
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
Thanks for your review. We have never tried breakfast at Kona but have it on our wish list. We love dinner there! We are hoping to do our first Poly stay in October, and maybe we will find just the right time for our first Kona breakfast. The press pot coffee sounds like it hits the spot!
Hope you do stay at the Poly, and that you get in a breakfast at Kona regardless!

Old 08-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
Libmom333
Earning My Ears

We discovered the Kona Café while staying at the Polynesian about 8 years ago and have ventured there every trip since. The Tonga toast is absolutely delicious! My son loved it so much that I had to find the recipe and have made my own version at home several times.
Libmom333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #23
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libmom333 View Post
We discovered the Kona Café while staying at the Polynesian about 8 years ago and have ventured there every trip since. The Tonga toast is absolutely delicious! My son loved it so much that I had to find the recipe and have made my own version at home several times.
Wow -- I've seen recipes but never tried it.... Sounds like a treat we'll have to try once the weather cools off!

Old 08-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #24
EspositoScoresOTR
Mouseketeer

Another great review. The Samoan and a press pot are my absolute favorite breakfast in Disney. I love having one cup at breakfast and the second to go for the parks.
EspositoScoresOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspositoScoresOTR View Post
Another great review. The Samoan and a press pot are my absolute favorite breakfast in Disney. I love having one cup at breakfast and the second to go for the parks.

We happened to watch a show on TV last night about buying real estate in hawaii -- made me want to move to Kona!!

Old 08-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeps View Post
I only wish I could drink that much coffee without going over the hyper edge! (And then my next wish would be that I could have this at home every once and a while, but maybe if I ask Santa for a press pot and some Kona coffee for Christmas, my wish could come true....)
The first time we went to Kona was for dinner but we had the press pot coffee with dessert. We loved it. DH kept talking about it so I bought him a French press and a pound of 100% Kona coffee online. Now we love going there for both breakfast and dinner, and we get the coffee at both meals! It's one of our favorite restaurants on property.

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:45 AM   #27
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangzoom6877 View Post
The first time we went to Kona was for dinner but we had the press pot coffee with dessert. We loved it. DH kept talking about it so I bought him a French press and a pound of 100% Kona coffee online. Now we love going there for both breakfast and dinner, and we get the coffee at both meals! It's one of our favorite restaurants on property.

I'm thinking of asking for a press pot (and some great coffee!) for Christmas -- anything that helps relive a little of that Disney magic is always a good thing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: