Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
BettyBoo29
Mouseketeer

Help welcome!

Hii, I'm new to all if this but I am proud to say Me and my boyfriend have our very first trip to Disney next September! We are staying in the quality inn down I drive and we figured we probably won't be spending all that amount of time in it. I could do with a few tips, where to buy tickets from? We know we want the all in one tickets and also discovery cove but it is like a mine field out there! Good tips in general for Florida? I really want to go to a beach while in Florida to have a chill out day by the coast, looking at maybe cocoa beach or Daytona? We won't be hiring a car so is there any shuttle buses to any of the beaches? We LOVE our food and not picky eaters at all, I really want to go to a proper American Style Diner, anyone know of a good one? Also if anyone has an itinerary I can have a glance at? We want to do most of the parks (I'm not fills convinced on sea world) but definatly all of Disney and universal and im a lover of water parks too :-) Thanks for your help! Beth
Old 08-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

Well, if you are planning on going to Universal Orlando, may I suggest a couple nights stay at Royal Pacifica. It is a Universal Orlando property resort and such a stay will give you "cut in front of the line" privileges. And room rates are not too high. But then again, you're traveling during off peak season and might not need this privilege.

Undercover Tourists is a good place to purchase tickets. You have mentioned several different (unrelated) them parks to tour, and undercover tourists will have some modest deals for these places. There is a (I believe) 14 day all inclusive ticket that runs for something like $300 (just going by my memory) and includes several different park admission. But, you will need to purchase tickets for Disney in addition to the above all inclusive ticket as that "all inclusive ticket" does not include and Disney parks.

If you go to mousesavers.com and sign up for their emails, you'll get a link that will give you a little better discount on some tickets at Undercover Tourists.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Hi BettyBoo,
Congratulations on being able to take this trip! It sounds like it will be a wonderful vacation for you. I read you are staying 2 weeks! Nice!
That said, from the posts I read, I'm a little concerned about how you will get around all these places. If I may be so nosy, where are you from? If not from the U.S., or from a part of the U.S. where most people ride public transportation, you may be surprised to discover just how much people rely on their cars (or rented cars) in Orlando. As was mentioned on your other thread, getting to the beach will be a nuisance. Also, getting to and from the theme parks may be quite time consuming and confusing, unless your hotel has a shuttle, in which case it might not be all that confusing, but it's still going to be time consuming. WDW and Universal, for example, might be 15 miles and 20 minutes apart, or more or less depending on where in WDW property you are going. Disney World is huge! It has 4 major theme parks, but they don't exactly all jut up against each other. There is a lot of green space in between. And Orlando traffic can really slow things down at times, too.
Feel free to attempt it however you want, but if it were me, and I didn't drive, I'd probably stay on WDW property for at least a week of my vacation (to use my WDW tickets) and at a Universal hotel for the part where I was going there. I would probably skip the beach if I didn't have my own car. Even with a car, the beach is not close by. If I had a lot of time and enough money and wanted to see the ocean on my US and WDW trip, I'd probably book a short Disney cruise, and let Disney transfer me between the airport & the seaport & the WDW resort hotel. I'd drive to the beach only if I were taking my own car.
But if you find the bus or shuttle to take you, go enjoy! Just be aware that the beach is not all that close to Orlando. And that our public transportation in most of the United States, is not all that convenient when it exists at all.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!

Last edited by wishing4PA; 08-03-2013 at 10:19 PM.
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #4
BettyBoo29
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for your info.

Sorry I forgot to mentions I'm from the UK and this will be my first time too America! Which makes it even more special.

I think we are going to give the beach a miss, but thanks again for all your help :-)
Old 08-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoo29
Hii, I'm new to all if this but I am proud to say Me and my boyfriend have our very first trip to Disney next September! We are staying in the quality inn down I drive and we figured we probably won't be spending all that amount of time in it. I could do with a few tips, where to buy tickets from? We know we want the all in one tickets and also discovery cove but it is like a mine field out there! Good tips in general for Florida? I really want to go to a beach while in Florida to have a chill out day by the coast, looking at maybe cocoa beach or Daytona? We won't be hiring a car so is there any shuttle buses to any of the beaches? We LOVE our food and not picky eaters at all, I really want to go to a proper American Style Diner, anyone know of a good one? Also if anyone has an itinerary I can have a glance at? We want to do most of the parks (I'm not fills convinced on sea world) but definatly all of Disney and universal and im a lover of water parks too :-) Thanks for your help! Beth
You can find info regarding tickets on the theme parks board and modes of transportation on the transportation board. You can find info regarding the restaurants on the dining board.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: