Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #31
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
I just booked Poly (room only) for our upcoming May 1014 trip with the above mentioned risk in mind. I prefer the more relaxed theming of the Poly and like that it's within walking distance of the Epcot Monorail.

But having either the Volcano Pool or GCH down would be a total deal breaker for us.

Should that occur, GF is our backup choice (and in that instance, I'm gambling that there will still be availability at GF when the particulars of the Volcano pool refurb are made public).
I want to book the poly for our 2014 september trip but am worried about construction as well....need to find a back up and it is hard!!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #32
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaNinja View Post
We just got back from the Poly and loved the hotel. But... The kids hated having to walk through the rain to get to between the GCH and the room. Also, our 4 year old and sometimes our seven year old complained there was too much walking to get to the room. I think the complaints had more to do with the sun and heat and being tired but still something to consider.
We stayed in Tokelau. If it was raining, we'd cut through the other longhouses (so only a few steps in the rain between each one) and come out right at the GCH. The few drops of rain didn't bother us at all. But then again, we like the Poly best out of the Deluxes because it still has that Disney/South Florida feel of somewhat outdoor entrances (Disney is the ONLY place where we actually like these type of rooms) rather than the whole indoor hotel feel.
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #33
clapton
Mouseketeer

Have stayed at both and would pick GF, have never been a Poly fan so I wouldn't spend the money to stay there. It all depends on what theme you like better. The point about the construction is something to consider before you make a choice.
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #34
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If it was raining, we'd cut through the other longhouses (so only a few steps in the rain between each one) and come out right at the GCH.
Right- We've done this many times ourselves.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #35
ozzyla
Mouseketeer

I would go with GF unless you could secure a room close to ttc center or he main building at poly. We had a room near the luau and it was a long hike to ttc, the pool was very crowded at poly as well. Had a great exp at GF
Port Orleans 2005
Fort wilderness trailers 2003
Cornado 2001
All star sports 1994
ozzyla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: