Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #61
Domo
DIS Veteran

Sheep's eyes
Still-warm monkey brains
Donkey testicles
Live crickets
Spider larvae

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #62
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Cuttlefish.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #63
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Eggs
Old 08-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #64
arminnie
Tossed the butter kept the gin
I had to save it for "special" occasions (like when no one I knew would see me)

fyi - The correct name really is "poke salet" not "poke salad".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poke_salet
Old 08-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #65
denisenh
All I can do is lie down
It has a thing hanging off the end
When i get the urge to show off, a tiny voice inside my head says "resist the urge". So i shut my mouth and stand still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil'sFrontier View Post
Horse.....
hate to tell you but if you have ever eaten a fast food burger, you have eaten horse.
lol, just kidding (i think?), i couldn't resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post
I'm the poster who posted about the maggot cheese, and yeah, it's the aliveness, along with the wormyness. I have eaten food that was still moving--in Japan they cut the head of shrimp and serve it on sushi. It's dead but still has reflexes.

I love cow tongue--grew up eating it and never even knew it was "weird" till now. I am surprised at how many people have posted that it's icky. It's really, really good, and once it's all sliced up, it doesn't even look like a tongue anymore.

Food has to be accepted by my mind before my brain lets me pick it up and place it in my mouth and my mind will never, ever accept organ meat, protruding parts of animals, most of anything that was once breathing and/ or thinking, insects and whatever comes off or out of them and is visible to the naked eye, and probably a whole lot more, but thats all for now.

denisenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #66
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
Cuttlefish.
I tried cuttlefish in Venice a few weeks ago. It was stewed in it's own ink which I thought would make me vomit since the whole dish was black, but it was actually good! Never say never I guess...

The one thing I couldn't get past my lips was Octopus. Just seeing all those little suction cups on the tentacles did me in.

Jeafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #67
denisenh
All I can do is lie down
It has a thing hanging off the end
When i get the urge to show off, a tiny voice inside my head says "resist the urge". So i shut my mouth and stand still.

http://www.kayem.com/products/deli/o...ni-cheese-loaf

i try not to look at that stuff when i am at the grocery deli counter, the sight of it makes me woozy but i always lock right in on it...like a sick twisted individual who feels the need to torture themself.

i want to ask the folks behind the counter if anyone ever requests that because i can't imagine a single soul would. i can't even imagine why anyone would have invented it. it honestly looks like a solid block of vomit...and i don't mean watery spit up. i mean a full meal and seconds of partially digested food followed by a full glass of fruit punch vomit.

denisenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #68
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

blood pudding

raw oysters-I've eaten them fried and broiled. If I didn't like them that way, I'm pretty sure raw is not my thing.

chitterlings-the smell

I do like some of the other things mentioned.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #69
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Lutefisk

Sushi
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #70
bcla
DIS Veteran

Wow - I've tried nearly everything mentioned here. I remember some Chinese restaurant where I had something called "assorted insides noodle soup". I didn't have a problem in that it was chitterlings, but I'd only wished they had been cleaned. The menudo I had at a Hometown Buffet once was cleaned.

I thought maybe I'd be the first to mention durian, but it was mentioned. I don't know how to describe the smell. Depending on the ripeness and how close you are to it, it smells variously like fetid urine, human farts, or rotting meat. And having left rotting meat in my car once, that is not a good smell. And they're some of the scariest looking fruit I've ever seen. There are rumors of people dying from injuries when one fell off a tree.

I refuse to eat the stuff.

They're often sold in plastic mesh bags to make it practical to carry.

And as far as exotic Asian food goes, anyone tried jellyfish or sea cucumber?
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #71
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post

I love cow tongue--grew up eating it and never even knew it was "weird" till now. I am surprised at how many people have posted that it's icky. It's really, really good, and once it's all sliced up, it doesn't even look like a tongue anymore.
For me, the damage has already been done. When I was little I opened my grandparents' refrigerator and saw a giant tongue just sitting on a plate. Now I cannot make myself try it because the image is still in my head.

Jeafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #72
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

No way in heck I'd touch frog legs, chicken feet, escargot, mussels, raw fish/meat, tongue. GROSS! No thanks.

Ive tried shrimp and its absolutely repulsive and disgusting to me. Ditto for calamari and squid.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #73
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeafl View Post
For me, the damage has already been done. When I was little I opened my grandparents' refrigerator and saw a giant tongue just sitting on a plate. Now I cannot make myself try it because the image is still in my head.
I remember once ordering a lengua burrito at a taqueria near work during lunch. The guy preparing it pulled it out of a stock pot to cut off a piece - maybe 4 oz. As he pulled it out, I noticed one woman behind me waiting to order noticeably repulsed by the sight of a cow tongue.

It was great though.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #74
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Octopus.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #75
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsDragonflies View Post
Octopus.
Had it. Both big pieces served as sushi (tako) and little ones where the entire octopus is bite sized. Kind of like squid only a little chewier and with more flavor. Good stuff.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: