Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #556
last1973
Mouseketeer

Thanks guys. We do caravaning so we are use to being in small spaces and we are going to a villa off site for 10 days after disney stay. Think I will take plunge
Old 08-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #557
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Counter Service Options

What DDP Counter service options are available at FW? It seems sparse, but what about these take out items at Trails End? Anyone try them?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #558
Zabnee
Mouseketeer

FINALLy finished reading all pages in this thread.. It's made me so happy to read all the good things about FWC!

After the FDP info came out yesterday, we advised our TA that we weren't eligible for any FDP upgrade where we were (AoA) so we wanted to change. when SHE called (waited 3 hrs on hold, so glad it wasn't me!) she found teh only place we could work would be at the cabins.

We now have two cabins at FWC booked, each will have 3 adults and 2 kids, (12 & 13 in one, and 8 & 9 in the other). Good thing we're close families.. ...Should've seen my DH's eyes light up, when I told him there was fishing... LOL!

So, thanks for all the GREAT info here, and I will for sure be subscribing. I'm positive we'll love it!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #559
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabnee View Post
FINALLy finished reading all pages in this thread.. It's made me so happy to read all the good things about FWC!

After the FDP info came out yesterday, we advised our TA that we weren't eligible for any FDP upgrade where we were (AoA) so we wanted to change. when SHE called (waited 3 hrs on hold, so glad it wasn't me!) she found teh only place we could work would be at the cabins.

We now have two cabins at FWC booked, each will have 3 adults and 2 kids, (12 & 13 in one, and 8 & 9 in the other). Good thing we're close families.. ...Should've seen my DH's eyes light up, when I told him there was fishing... LOL!

So, thanks for all the GREAT info here, and I will for sure be subscribing. I'm positive we'll love it!
Welcome, I also ended up moving from POR to FW cabins because of free dining and have consumed this thread. I'm currently trying to decide what loop to request and how to handle breakfast and such since counter service isn't readily available. Let's share ideas.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #560
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
Welcome, I also ended up moving from POR to FW cabins because of free dining and have consumed this thread. I'm currently trying to decide what loop to request and how to handle breakfast and such since counter service isn't readily available. Let's share ideas.
I'm considering the same move, for the same reason...what convinced you to make the switch to Cabins vs another resort, vs waiting it out for POR?

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars

Last edited by CaraMiaBelle; 08-02-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #561
jennab
Mouseketeer

Since you will have a full kitchen you can bring items for breakfast. Otherwise getting to the CS location (trails end) for breakfast was fairly easy. Just catch a bus, which come every few minutes. DH is a need breakfast type so we did this a few times. They had biscuits and gravy he could use a snack credit for
Old 08-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #562
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Has anyone heard any rumblings about when the cabins will be refurbished again? If I remember correctly, I previously read that they were last refurbished in 2008? We are considering staying at the cabins when we return with our whole crew in 2015. Would be nice to have fresh, new goods in the cabin by then! Just curious
Old 08-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #563
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I'm considering the same move, for the same reason...what convinced you to make the switch to Cabins vs another resort, vs waiting it out for POR?
One, I wanted to lock in the dining somewhere before it sold out everywhere. I'm actually holding two reservations right now.

Two, we are six people so choices are limited. (I know POR is 5 people max, but one son was rooming with friend, who now moved to Coronado as a family of four). We talked about two rooms at Pop Century with the benefit of two showers, but we've done value before and outside of sleeping there was little we want to do there again. Kids are older and heavy Disney themes are not as desirable of peaceful crashing.

Three, I can't go deluxe as it is too expensive.

At first I felt locked in to something I didn't want, but after two days of inquiry, videos and reviews I am now excited for beach, night time fireworks and water pageant, chip and dale campfire, access to Wilderness Lodge for QS treats here and there, boat rides to MK, resort specific merchandise.

My only two issues I'm working on is snacks and QS at Ft. Wilderness (which I'm almost at peace about) and time of internal bus service. However, my family doesn't seem concerned with extra walking and getting up a little earlier. We live in the country so everything takes time for us anyway. So were pretty set and getting happier.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #564
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post

One, I wanted to lock in the dining somewhere before it sold out everywhere. I'm actually holding two reservations right now.

Two, we are six people so choices are limited. (I know POR is 5 people max, but one son was rooming with friend, who now moved to Coronado as a family of four). We talked about two rooms at Pop Century with the benefit of two showers, but we've done value before and outside of sleeping there was little we want to do there again. Kids are older and heavy Disney themes are not as desirable of peaceful crashing.

Three, I can't go deluxe as it is too expensive.

At first I felt locked in to something I didn't want, but after two days of inquiry, videos and reviews I am now excited for beach, night time fireworks and water pageant, chip and dale campfire, access to Wilderness Lodge for QS treats here and there, boat rides to MK, resort specific merchandise.

My only two issues I'm working on is snacks and QS at Ft. Wilderness (which I'm almost at peace about) and time of internal bus service. However, my family doesn't seem concerned with extra walking and getting up a little earlier. We live in the country so everything takes time for us anyway. So were pretty set and getting happier.
Looks like I will be staying at POR this Nov after all, I just got pixie dusted and got free dining, so are sticking with the cheapest option.
I have been eyeing up the cabins for a while though but am thinking it may be best for when my kids are a little older (now 7/6/4) because of internal buses and distances involved there. I was pretty excited about the Chip and Dale campfire and boat rides to MK and WL. I did not realize you could see the fireworks from there! We also wanted a calm relaxing location as we live in the country too, but also my oldest cannot handle a lot if sensory input. I definitely look forward to staying there on our next trip though!
It sounds really great! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #565
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Congrats. If I can get pixie dusted and get POR as well I will take it. It would save $1100 over the cabins.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #566
Sofiesmom
Earning My Ears

I have a golf cart rented through Kenny. I was reading on here that he can't deliver anymore?!?!?!? Is that true? He hasn't contacted me and we are really counting on the golf cart for this trip!! I have called and emailed him with no response yet. Can anyone help me find out if he can still deliver the cart?? Thanks so much!! Our trip is in 2 weeks. So excited!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 08-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #567
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiesmom View Post
I have a golf cart rented through Kenny. I was reading on here that he can't deliver anymore?!?!?!? Is that true? He hasn't contacted me and we are really counting on the golf cart for this trip!! I have called and emailed him with no response yet. Can anyone help me find out if he can still deliver the cart?? Thanks so much!! Our trip is in 2 weeks. So excited!

Relax. have you given them a credit card? They will charge your card soon and you will hear from Kenny a day before or that day with cart info. Don't panic, it will be fine.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 08-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #568
Scootchu
Earning My Ears

I just booked a golf cart with Kenny too and he said that he will get it to me in FW. He said he will call me the day before. He also said if I had any questions to call him. He may not answer, but he will get back to me. It pretty much rings true with what I have read about his transactions.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #569
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Food options for QS - I posted menu links above but I wanted to mention that the main difference at Fort Wilderness is there is not a ton of tables. The selection of food is not terrible. It used to be, a few years ago, so if you search threads make sure they are not too old or the information will not be relevant.

If you plan to be out at parks every day, then make sure you eat before coming back to the Fort if you're not excited about the Fort options. Easy!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 08-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #570
Sofiesmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post

Relax. have you given them a credit card? They will charge your card soon and you will hear from Kenny a day before or that day with cart info. Don't panic, it will be fine.
I know I freaked! Thanks. We did get a hold of him and all is good. He does have our credit card info. $360 for a 2 week rental. Sweet! We reserved back in feb and then when I saw that post about the delivery not being allowed, I was in a state of panic. Lol

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: