Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #481
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
Too bad Dogfish is showcasing it's Namaste. I personally think it is disgusting.

I LOVE their Midas Touch, Raison D'Entre, & 90min IPA.
However who am I to complain. They are local to me so I can have them anytime I want.
and here I am and I really don't like the Midas Touch

Namaste isn't one of my favorite of theirs (prefer Pangea, Urkontinent, the 90 min IPA, or the Burton Baton) but at least it is something different

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #482
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Any previous reports on the Citricos or Wolfgang Puck signature dinners. Also looking for opinions on the beer dinner
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #483
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Any previous reports on the Citricos or Wolfgang Puck signature dinners. Also looking for opinions on the beer dinner

We attended a Wolfgang Puck Signature at a past F&W. The dinner and wine were excellent, featuring Grgich Hills wines. It was a rather unusual evening, we certainly didn't expect it, but Wolfgang showed up. He added to the fun that night, he's a great host.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #484
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Awesome! Thank you. At $110, that dinner seems very reasonable.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #485
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
and here I am and I really don't like the Midas Touch

Namaste isn't one of my favorite of theirs (prefer Pangea, Urkontinent, the 90 min IPA, or the Burton Baton) but at least it is something different
I wonder how much input Dogfish actually has in the selection ... as it may be up to the local distributor. Most likely it comes down to cost and general acceptance. I think they select off of a mass appeal stlye to act as 'gateway' beer. Since Dogfish has a bunch more wacky brews than most, I figured they would go probably go with a milder brew like Namaste, Pale Ale, 60 min IPA, or the Indian Brown. Namaste is a decent safe choice. The more extreme Dogfish brews would probably have to sell at a higher price point and may turn off F&W visitors who aren't familiar with thier brews.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #486
thorphin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
ROE is at 9, or at 10 on weekend nights during the festival. It starts at park closing, so the event venue is usually working on closing up at that time as well. The event doesn't have to include viewing - just make sure you walk outside in time to see it. You may not have the best view if you do it that way, but there are plenty of places to watch around UK and Canada near the World Showplace.
Oh, right, I had forgotten that ROE would be at 10 that night. Thanks! Are these big events at World Showplace structured at all? Or is there a program? I wasn't sure if we'd be missing something if we decided to duck out ~30 minutes early to catch ROE from a decent vantage point. (Sorry, I realize I'm asking questions about a brand new event, but I'm assuming that there would be similarities between the Scotland event and other tasting events in World Showplace).

'83, '84: Fort Wilderness...'84: Golf Resort
'88, '93: Disney Inn..........'95, '98: Off Property
'00: Dixie Landings...........'02: PO Riverside
'05: Beach Club Villas.......'09, '10 PO Riverside
09/2013: Poly!
thorphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #487
tebookie
WDW FAN

Does anyone know if they will have the Chase lounge like they did last year?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #488
workinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebookie View Post
I was just looking at my DV account & the special offers. According to the website, it will be available again this year.

DD & I will be doing F & W festival for the 1st time & I'm a new Visa cardholder, so I'm looking forward to experiencing the lounge!
CBR-Oct 2013 - 1st DD & mom trip to Food & Wine!!!
- ME - DH - DD (22) - DS (19)
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #489
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I wonder how much input Dogfish actually has in the selection ... as it may be up to the local distributor. Most likely it comes down to cost and general acceptance. I think they select off of a mass appeal stlye to act as 'gateway' beer. Since Dogfish has a bunch more wacky brews than most, I figured they would go probably go with a milder brew like Namaste, Pale Ale, 60 min IPA, or the Indian Brown. Namaste is a decent safe choice. The more extreme Dogfish brews would probably have to sell at a higher price point and may turn off F&W visitors who aren't familiar with thier brews.
I fully agree - though, given they now offer flights of beers, that would be a perfect opportunity to try some more, um, out there beers.

I am hoping that this is just the first step and then next year they will have a number of Dogfish Head (or other craft-ier craft beers) and you can get a flight and try a bunch

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #490
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebookie View Post
On the Disney website Epcot Food & Wine page:

Quote:
Grab Hold of Enchanting Perks

Become a Disney Visa® Cardmember and enjoy access to the Chase Lounge, exclusively for Chase credit and debit Cardmembers, at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Enjoy dreamy Disney rewards and year-round perks. Plus, new Cardmembers get $100 statement credit after first purchase.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #491
M&C
SSR 06

We've never been to F&W (yes, obviously soooo excited!), but I have Disney Visa, so please tell me about the Chase Lounge.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #492
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It's really just a place to sit and rest. They offered coffee, tea and soda at no charge but asked that you use their (small) cups and not fill your own. There's also a bathroom. At the beginning of the year they had smart phone chargers but those were removed about halfway through the festival. If you bring your own charger, there are plenty of outlets.

The big draw was the wristbands that got you into reserved areas for the Eat to the Beat concerts and IllumiNations. These were given out first come, first served and when they ran out there were no more. They went very quickly on weekends, not quite as fast on weekdays.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #493
M&C
SSR 06

You can get wristbands for the Eat to the Beat concerts? Please tell me more about them. Actually, please tell me more about the Eat to the Beat concerts. I'm determined to see the Gogo's! They're my favorite growing up.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #494
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They had wristbands for each show on each night (there are 3 shows per night). The roped off area was to the far right of the theater, sort of in the middle. It wasn't down front. The view wasn't bad. The Chase wristband line is let in before the general public but since the area is roped off, it doesn't matter if you are there before the public gets in or not. What does matter is that about 10 minutes before showtime they took the ropes down and let anyone sit in that section. So get there earlier than that if you want the advantage.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #495
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

Does the Sweet Sundays count for the advanced reservations for DVC, AP & TIW? I don't want to hold a place in the call queue if I just need to be calling on the 13th.

Also does anyone know if you have to be 21 & over for that one since alcohol is served?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: