Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #1921
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I have seen it mentioned that there is a changing area, is this actually in the cabanas? I have looked at pictures and am just not seeing it. Anyone of a visual that makes it obvious?
It's actually just a thick curtain in a corner of the Cabana. I will look through my pics if we have taken a photo of it, but I am not sure.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #1922
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Found one .......

You can see the "rail" the curtain runs on in the right hand upper corner.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #1923
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Found one .......

You can see the "rail" the curtain runs on in the right hand upper corner.
I do see that now, thank you very much. I had seen the curtain in many pictures but not the rail, and I thought the curtain was for decorative purposes.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #1924
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Does anyone know if there is any kind of map or graphic that shows all the cabanas in relation to one another? The CC map posted in the info section just has a few cabanas in the picture, so not very accurate. I'm trying to figure out how far from the restrooms/food cabana 9 is. :-) Thanks in advance!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:21 AM   #1925
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPetty725 View Post
Does anyone know if there is any kind of map or graphic that shows all the cabanas in relation to one another? The CC map posted in the info section just has a few cabanas in the picture, so not very accurate. I'm trying to figure out how far from the restrooms/food cabana 9 is. :-) Thanks in advance!
We have stayed in cabana 9 and it isn't too far away. It us basically 9 cabanas away since the bathrooms and restaurant are very close to the cabanas entrance. The higher the number the further away you are.

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #1926
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeddyRuth View Post

We have stayed in cabana 9 and it isn't too far away. It us basically 9 cabanas away since the bathrooms and restaurant are very close to the cabanas entrance. The higher the number the further away you are.
We were in 9 in January and loved it!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #1927
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

so I wanted to get a cabana and my DH said Im nuts we are not going to spend $500 bucks for a few hrs....its not even all day...and we will be riding bikes and walking around so much that we wont even be in it that much...

he has a point....that is a lot of $$$ for a few hrs. So we will see if we decide to try for one come time to sign up for it...if not that is one more for all of you to fight over

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #1928
LynseyK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Got Disney" View Post
so I wanted to get a cabana and my DH said Im nuts we are not going to spend $500 bucks for a few hrs....its not even all day...and we will be riding bikes and walking around so much that we wont even be in it that much...

he has a point....that is a lot of $$$ for a few hrs. So we will see if we decide to try for one come time to sign up for it...if not that is one more for all of you to fight over
You can always try to find a fellow board member that would be willing to split the cost with you. That's what me and my husband did on our cruise and it worked out perfectly. The people we split it with were very nice and we all got along great . In the end it only cost us $250 which was also great
LynseyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #1929
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynseyK View Post
You can always try to find a fellow board member that would be willing to split the cost with you. That's what me and my husband did on our cruise and it worked out perfectly. The people we split it with were very nice and we all got along great . In the end it only cost us $250 which was also great
that is much more doable...will have to wait and see who is interested on the cruise meet...thanks for the tip

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #1930
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

We were in cabana #5 this past July. If the changing area in the cabana is too small. The restrooms are not far away and the stalls are big enough to change in. Restrooms are very clean!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #1931
spacy9
Mouseketeer

Well, I have a crazy question, that I have to at least hold out some hope for...

We just booked the Oct 12th, 2013 7 night Wonder out of Galveston, TX. We did the Cabana on our last cruise 2 years ago and loved it. As I figured though they were all sold out already when I went to look tonight. I know that a few years ago there was a chance of getting one on the day of as people were cancelling. Is this still the case, are people still cancelling and I have a chance, or are people keeping them now?

Gotta hope, right ?
spacy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #1932
nss1234
Earning My Ears

Last year we stayed in Cabana 8 and were happy with the location. This winter we are a larger group and will be booking two cabanas. Are there any two cabanas that are more linked than others. i.e. their sandy paths to the beach closer together so it is easier for the kids to go between the two cabanas. Wish I had known we would want to book two - I would have payed more attention!
nss1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #1933
Bella29
Mouseketeer

weird Cabana question

has anyone split the cost of a cabana with another group, with 6 people using it for the first half of the day and the other 6 using it the rest of the day? I'm thinking we could do our biking & snorkeling while the other party is enjoying the shack and vice versa.
Bella29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #1934
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella29 View Post
has anyone split the cost of a cabana with another group, with 6 people using it for the first half of the day and the other 6 using it the rest of the day? I'm thinking we could do our biking & snorkeling while the other party is enjoying the shack and vice versa.
The only problem I can see with this scenario is if there is bad weather part of the day and better weather the other part. One family would be totally jipped. I guess if someone is willing to take that risk.....but it wouldn't be me. Both times I've been to CC it's rained in the AM and cleared off and beautiful weather in the afternoon.
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #1935
amie416
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella29 View Post
All people would have to be registered to the cabana, so the cost would go up to pay for the extra people ($50/pp) and I think there is a max of 10. Besides, I don't know if I'd spend that much money for just the AM half of the day... it may be difficult to decide who gets the cabana in the prime afternoon hours.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: