Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #346
aimshna
Mouseketeer

I don't know what to pack. It was hotter in Juneau last night then in the SF bay area. Looks like they are in the 70's. I never have done layers before - usually jeans and a shirt so I am not sure.
aimshna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #347
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachnicki View Post
Someone posted in the main thread a link to the Destination Alaska coupon book. Seems to have some pretty cool deals. Free to download. Thought I'd share.

http://www.destinationalaska.com/

Denise
Here is a link to the coupon book
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #348
Shelebeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimshna View Post
I don't know what to pack. It was hotter in Juneau last night then in the SF bay area. Looks like they are in the 70's. I never have done layers before - usually jeans and a shirt so I am not sure.

I packed jeans and t shirts and a hoodie and my light layer puffy jacket and a rain coat and rain pants. I think you are safe with a few layers like a tshirt or long sleeve shirt and hoodie and a rain jacket or light fall type jacket..

Aulani... our beautiful Hawaiian home

Cruised on the Wonder (x2), the Magic, the Dream and the Fantasy..

Shelebeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #349
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Aimshna, yes this is the link I used there are great deals! Unfortunately no about the soaps which we were spoken about, but I saw some really cool things.
Wachnicki, you're right! I hope it will be fun!
And yes we're so close now! I really need his vacation, so the earlier, the better! :D

Last edited by Tiggrou; 08-02-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Tiggrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #350
Shelebeen
DIS Veteran

Well, we are all packed up and ready to head out early in the morning (hopefully by 6 am to be in the interior BC by tomorrow just after lunch!).

See you all on the ship!

Carole

Aulani... our beautiful Hawaiian home

Cruised on the Wonder (x2), the Magic, the Dream and the Fantasy..

Shelebeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #351
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Safe travels - see you aboard the ship!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #352
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggrou View Post
Aimshna, yes this is the link I used there are great deals! Unfortunately no about the soaps which we were spoken about, but I saw some really cool things.
Wachnicki, you're right! I hope it will be fun!
And yes we're so close now! I really need his vacation, so the earlier, the better! :D
Thanks for the link - I downloaded the coupon book. I will look at it later tonight. I am excited thinking that this time next week I will be in Seattle touring around and then off to Vancouver on Sunday and on the ship on Monday. It is all getting so real now. Have to think about packing now!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #353
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

I can totally understand that! On this time on next Sunday, my aunt and me will be on our way for the airport! And Monday, it will be the great day!
Shelebeen, have a great and safe trip and see you on the ship!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #354
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi everybody! How are you today? We're so close from our fantastic trip now! At the same time on next monday, we will be on the ship!
Here, the party is over, so I can focuse on Alaska! And I'm thinking about my travel outfits^^
I'm a little bit disappointed because I found a great site for Skagway tour but when I wrote to the people, I never had any answer, so I guess that, after our Disney excursion, we will go to Jewel garden on our own.

Last edited by Tiggrou; 08-05-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #355
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi everybody! How are you today? We're so close from our fantastic trip now! At the same time on next monday, we will be on the ship!
Here, the party is over, so I can focuse on Alaska! And I'm thinking about my travel outfits^^
I'm a little bit disappointed because I found a great site for Skagway tour but when I wrote to the people, I never had any answer, so I guess that, after our Disney excursion, we will go to Jewel garden on our own.
Doing great here. The last cruise before ours will be pulling out of Vancouver shortly and when they return we will all be there waiting to get onboard. I have all my clothes laid out but not ready to put them in a suitcase quite yet. Getting excited. When are you flying out of France (I think that is where I saw you lived). Are you flying directly into Vancouver?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #356
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi Aimshna! We will be flying out of France on Sunday morning. We will have to go to London first, then we will be flying out of England to Vancouver. It will be a very long day and not the most pleasant! ^^ My aunt is a little bit scared of planes, but she hopes she will be able to sleep during our flight.
And what about you? When will you and your familly leave?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #357
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

Tiggrou- my son says "I hope they are bringing croissants for the FE" I did explain how impractical that was. He was mildly disappointed.

We are counting down the days. I hurt my foot over the weekend and have been laid up now for 3 days. Hoping it will be well enough by next monday. We have a very long travel day on Saturday. Boston to Seattle by plane, then bus up to Vancouver. Hope door to door is much longer then 12 hours.

Victoria
vgrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #358
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Oh my God, Victoria this is so cute! That's funny because last year, when we were in Universal, my boyfriend had a croissant for breakfast...and was truly disappointed^^ So I totally understand your son ^^ . But for me, I'm disappointed in France, when I can't have my Eggs Benedicts ( this is so tasty!!!!) and the wonderful funnels cakes!!!! Please, ask your son to forgive us , If we could, it would have been a real pleasure!

I see you will have a very long trip too, as long as our! I hope you won't be too tired because of it!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #359
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Aimshna! We will be flying out of France on Sunday morning. We will have to go to London first, then we will be flying out of England to Vancouver. It will be a very long day and not the most pleasant! ^^ My aunt is a little bit scared of planes, but she hopes she will be able to sleep during our flight.
And what about you? When will you and your familly leave?
We leave Saturday and fly to Seattle and then Sunday we have rental cars and are driving to Vancouver and spend the day there before we get on the ship. I wish you could bring some of those French baquettes - we have sourdough in San Francisco so we are spoiled and I know Alaska has the sourdough too! Have safe travels!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #360
mr.tom.morrow
Earning My Ears

On our way!

And we're off, leaving for the airport right now. Stopping in Anaheim first for some Disneyland and D23 Expo before flying up to Vancouver on Monday to see you all. See ya real soon!
May 11, '08 - Wonder - 4 night Bahamian --- Back to Work Cruise
Jan. 30, '11 - Dream - 4 night Bahamian --- Dream's 2nd voyage
Apr. 27, '11 - Wonder - 6 night LA to Vancouver --- Repositioning to Canada
Apr. 28, '12 - Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean --- Fantasy's 5th voyage
Oct. 14, '12 - Wonder - 14 night Hawaii --- It's Hawaii!
Aug. 12, '13 - Wonder - 7 night Alaskan --- D23 Expo 2013 Trip

Jan 31, '14 - Magic - 3 night Bahamian --- 13th Anniversary
Sep. 12, '14 - Wonder - 14 night Panama --- We Hope!
mr.tom.morrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: