Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
n8nally
DIS Veteran

WWYD?? Re: CC Daily Rentals

Ok, so I'm debating what to do about CC.

We want to do the Stingray excursion and we are planning to run the CC5K.

My kids have expressed a desire to rent floats/inner tubes for lounging in the water. My daughter says she wants to ride bikes. And I'm worried that the 30 min snorkeling with the stingrays will not be sufficient. Because of these things, I booked us the package that includes Stingray/bike/float/snorkel gear, as it is cheaper to bundle them all together.

My question: is this realistic? Yes, it's a better deal than purchasing seperately, but is it a better deal if we end up commiting to the whole package, and then not using one of the features? Am I better off risking it and booking just the Stingrays and then playing it by ear on the rest? Do the bikes/floats/snorkel gear ever sell out? I hate to waste money, but I also don't want to be sorry that I didn't book it if we end up wanting to do it all, thus actually costing me MORE money than if I keep my bundle.

Additional facts: we're on the 9/1 Dream for 4 nights. It is our first ever cruise. Kids are 15 and 12. They won't be going off to their club activities on the island, but will instead spend the day with me.

Thoughts?

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

Last edited by n8nally; 08-01-2013 at 03:22 PM.
n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Play it by ear....we did the whole shebang a few years back and we barely used the floats and I had to force my sons to go for a bike ride.

My middle son did the string ray snorkel, my 2 other sons and me did the parasailing and DH did the jet skis. So, we all had something special booked. I also had booked the two packages which included, bikes, floats and snorkel gear. We did not need all of it. As a matter of fact, someone took our floats that we left by our chairs when we went for lunch....no problem those.

My boys enjoyed the water...and the recreation area, which has basketball hoops, ping pong etc. they really like this area.....plus there is Pelican Plunge.

Enjoy....CC is beautiful...
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
Weedy
DIS Veteran

That was our plan also, but the kids made friends in the club and dumped my husband and me. They have youth counselors on the island and the kids have a great time.

Last edited by Weedy; 08-01-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

My sister pre booked snorkel gear. The day we were there,The water was rough, it was windy, the water was cold. They decided not to snorkel with their younger kids. They were not able to get a refund.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Good points!

Does anyone know if bike rentals or tube/floats ever sell out? Has anybody ever run into this issue before?

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
Weedy
DIS Veteran

No problem with any of the 3 selling out.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
lucky1
Face Character

The only thing that may sell out is the stingray adventure. There were plenty of floats and bikes to be used by many.
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
fredandkell
Earning My Ears

Do what we do, which is buy floats or tubes at the Dollar Store. Packs flat, inflates easily, you can recycle and not have to bring home with you.
EPCOT: 1995
Hollywood Studios: 2001
Animal Kingdom: 2013
Disney Dream: April 2013, February 2014

Other Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy, 1996 & 2000 (3-night Caribbean)
Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas, 2001 (3-night Caribbean)
Norwegian Sky, 2003 (7-night Alaska)
Norwegian Pride of America, 2005 (7-night Hawaii)
fredandkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredandkell View Post
Do what we do, which is buy floats or tubes at the Dollar Store. Packs flat, inflates easily, you can recycle and not have to bring home with you.
Except:

Q:
What items are not permitted on board?
A:
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.
•Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats/pools (including pool noodles), and wagons

The following items are permitted but with the following restrictions:
•Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFDs) and flotation sewn into the bathing suit for safety. However, recreational floating devices such as floats, rafts and fun noodles cannot be brought on board and are not permitted in the pools or on Castaway Cay.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...ohibited-items

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
TinkGirl
DIS Veteran

I booked that package and was glad even though we didn't use the floats. My kids are 16,18, and 20. We rode bikes first thing, snorkel end, ate, did the awesome stingray excursion, and snorkeled some more. Before we knew it, it was time for all aboard.

POR, DVC since 2005 (SSR, BWV, AKL, BCV, VWL, OKW, HH, BLT), Disney Dream, HR Universal, Gaylord Palms, 2015 Princess 10K
TinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #11
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

As pretty much everyone has said, the only thing that will possibly sell out is the stingrays. There are plenty of floats, bikes and snorkel gear. My son and his girlfriend decided to snorkel after lunch and just walked up and were able to rent with no problem.

Plus that age will certainly enjoy Pelican's Plunge and as noted, may actually ditch you for the teen activities!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
scorp111
DVC at AKL Owner

As long as you do the Stingrays and use the Snorkel equipment, the bike and float components are actually the "extra".

It is $59 per adult for the pre-booked "extreme" package, and $60 for just the stingray ($35) and snorkel equipment ($25).
scorp111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
neg58
DIS Veteran

My daughter, then 16, and I did the extreme package. We loved it. I would not have done the bikes if it wasn't included and I did really like it and so did she. We did the Stingrays at about 10 am and then snorkeled for almost 2 hours, then ate, biked, then I think snorkeled more, then the floats. Yes, we were there until they made us get back on the ship.

If you don't do the floats or bikes, I think it is still a better deal to go for the packages. If you don't think you'll have time for everything, I'd skip the stingrays and do the snorkel/bike/float. (but last time with my mother, we just got floats and I was good for about 5 hours!)

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: