Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
kajs22
Mother extraordinaire, friends call me wonder woman, grew up in South Florida and trying to get back.

standard or deluxe?

Quick question for you - We are going shortly and I can add the dining plan for the first day of our trip only (2 separate reservations).

I tried crunching the numbers, but, there is no definite prices listed for the buffets, just a range - so difficult to tell what we would pay oop. My children are 9 & 12 years old (2 adults & 1 child). Standard would cost $128.34 and deluxe $226.78 - big difference in price.

We have ressies for 1900 Park the first night, breakfast at Akershus the next morning and Via Napoli lunch. With snacks and resort mug it might work out better to sign up for the dining plan on that day.

Which dining plan will be best?

I was thinking of changing Akershus to later in the trip so we don't have too much princess overload? Then I would pay for that oop, but, wouldn't use the deluxe.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajs22 View Post
Quick question for you - We are going shortly and I can add the dining plan for the first day of our trip only (2 separate reservations).

I tried crunching the numbers, but, there is no definite prices listed for the buffets, just a range - so difficult to tell what we would pay oop. My children are 9 & 12 years old (2 adults & 1 child). Standard would cost $128.34 and deluxe $226.78 - big difference in price.

We have ressies for 1900 Park the first night, breakfast at Akershus the next morning and Via Napoli lunch. With snacks and resort mug it might work out better to sign up for the dining plan on that day.

Which dining plan will be best?

I was thinking of changing Akershus to later in the trip so we don't have too much princess overload? Then I would pay for that oop, but, wouldn't use the deluxe.
Over on the Restaurant Forum, there is a sticky "Current/Future Buffet Pricing" that will help you with prices on the buffets.

I just checked it, and for the three of you, your 1900 Park Fare and Akershus is going to be a little over $200, so I'd say keep your ADRs and go with the DxDDP for that day as you'll easily spend more than $30 at Via Napoli plus you'll have your snacks and mugs.

BTW, pricing on the dining plans has gone up and I think you're a little low. Regular DDP for 2A/1C is around $137 and DxDDP for same is around $234.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
kajs22
Mother extraordinaire, friends call me wonder woman, grew up in South Florida and trying to get back.

Thank you for the advice! Quick change of plans though - was able to make a BOG dinner ressie for that night so rescheduled 1900 Park for another night....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: