Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #76
swarlock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
It's being reported [URL="[/URL] too.

I like Phineas and Ferb but I'm not sure I'd want them to replace Figment. They've been working over crossovers with Marvel and Star Wars in the cartoon so maybe they will do a "crossover ride".

"Phineas and Ferb meet Dreamfinder and Figment"
Sounds interesting but I don't know.
swarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #77
swarlock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanlovesdisney View Post
Actually, the upstairs area is currently used to hold college classes for some of the college program students. I would doubt that they would reopen upstairs for the public, but who knows?
Then it wouldn't make sense to open up that area. Maybe they're renovating that area only.
swarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #78
HisMinnie
Princess Jasmine <3

A world without Figment is a sad world indeed. I cannot imagine Figment turning into a figment of my imagination.
Aiden (10) Brady (9) Sabrina (2)
HisMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #79
AnnaNonamus
Mouseketeer

I would love for the sensory area upstairs to be revamped, updated, and reopened. I have children with sensory disorders, and an area like that is heaven. It would be a great area for ALL kids, but especially for kids with sensory issues, and Autism.

I really do not remember much of the original ride- just the modern version. I don't have much attachment to it either way, but as a visitor who has no recollection of the original ride, I can say that the ride was a bit dated. It needs some updating. I would hate to see Figment go, though- I love him.

One thing that I think people forget is that while we all have memories of what we loved 20 or 30 years ago, times do change, and it would be impossible to keep the parks from evolving, while still being able to attract new people. If I walked into the park for the first time tomorrow, and it was exactly the same as it was back in the 80's, I would be highly disappointed at how badly it would need to be updated.

Another thing- yes, we did not grow up with phones and Ferb. But today's kids have. In 15 years, they will feel the same way about P & F as we do about Figment. Or any other number of Disney characters.

The parks need to evolve and that includes bringing in the characters that remain popular.

Someone mentioned that modern cartoons last on average 3 years, and that the popularity of P & F is not going to last another year. It's already been 6 years, and they are still just as popular to kids who are just seeing them for the first time now, as they are with today's teens who grew up with them.

There is a lot of wasted space and potential in the current pavilion. It needs to be updated and modernized. Making a longer ride would be great- if I recall correctly, the old ride was much longer. I love Epcot- it is easily my favorite park. But given the lack of rides, making an existing one longer makes sense. A new version would be a big draw after it re-opens.
CBR - 10/20/13-10/28/13 - Free Dining Girls Trip!
AnnaNonamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #80
phineasfan100
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarlock View Post
It's probrably cosmetic renovations for the inside of the building. It's anyone's guess.
Isn't a year a little long for that?

phineasfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #81
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100 View Post

Yes. Yes it is.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #82
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100 View Post
A year is probably long enough to re-do a ride if they leave the track layout the same.

For history I looked up the "Superstar Limo" conversion to "Monster's Inc." in DLR/DCA. It looks like that started in March 2005, and opened in December 2005, so that was 9 months. More closer to home is the recent Test Track re-do, which was changed very much, took about 6 months. Also the Space Mountain re-do was about 9 months, though again no track changes.

More than likely if anything they would be leaving the track the same, but if the "about a year" rumor is true, they could easily do a pretty extensive ride overhaul.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #83
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I've heard several rumors of a phineas and ferb themed area or even phineas and ferb getting put into figment. I don't want figment touched its classic i think it needs to stay close to the same. Captain EO I can see going I'm fine with that. But when figment comes into the question and rumors are flying about what's going to happen to figment I'm not happy with that.
Ditto...;0)

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #84
princesserinrose
Mouseketeer

Wouldn't be too bad IMO... The only reason we ever visited figment was during downpours... And it would make room for something considerably better (isn't hard to beat a squealing purple dragon, really)
princesserinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #85
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

I've rode Figment a bunch of times and will not be disappointed if it goes away.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #86
JetsetJAK
Mouseketeer

R.A. Pedersen who does the Epcyclopedia site did an interview about the Imagination pavilion and its possible refurb. It's an interesting read!

"Is EPCOT's Imagination Pavilion Leaving? EPCOT Expert R.A. Pedersen Reveals A Ton of Info In New Interview"

Fall '89 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Spring '94 - offsite (Orlando Twin Towers)
Fall '00 - offsite (Delta Orlando Resort)
Fall '10 - All-Star Movies
FALL '12 - ALL-STAR MUSIC
JetsetJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #87
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsetJAK View Post
R.A. Pedersen who does the Epcyclopedia site did an interview about the Imagination pavilion and its possible refurb. It's an interesting read!

"Is EPCOT's Imagination Pavilion Leaving? EPCOT Expert R.A. Pedersen Reveals A Ton of Info In New Interview"
Interesting...but one thing stood out to me...the bit about the Phineas & Ferb concept art.

I don't recall Imagination ever being considered as a starting point for the Agent P adventure. It took over what was already there from the Kim Possible Adventure - nothing at all changed other than the theme.

But when they were planning the Kim Possible Adventure, the Imagination pavilion WAS involved. In fact, the testing started there.

I wonder if he has his history confused. It is POSSIBLE they may have thought of making it a new starting point, but I never heard of it.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #88
PTSMickey
Earning My Ears

Wink Imaginaton

Dreamfinder and Figment were a big happy part of Epcot for me. The new Imagination ride is, IMHO, a poor step-child of the original. As for Pherbius and Finn? Who are they anyway and why would WDW want them for an entire ride sequence? My grandchildren (ages 6,8, and 9) watched it for a while, but it got old for them quickly and they moved on to other things.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #89
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSMickey View Post
Dreamfinder and Figment were a big happy part of Epcot for me. The new Imagination ride is, IMHO, a poor step-child of the original. As for Pherbius and Finn? Who are they anyway and why would WDW want them for an entire ride sequence? My grandchildren (ages 6,8, and 9) watched it for a while, but it got old for them quickly and they moved on to other things.
"Mom, Phineas and Ferb are making a ride sequence!"

It seems that you DO know who they are at least...

As for why, your grandchildren may have grown bored of them, but many others haven't...it's been one of the most popular Disney cartoons in recent history, such that it hasn't fallen to the typical Disney "show can't last too long" axe. And Disney has long been trying to make Epcot appeal more to younger kids.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #90
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Rebuilding Imagination is great....but if they want to make the whole of Epcot appeal more to families with younger kids, they should open World Showcase at the same time as the rest of the park. With characters and some shows. That way families with young children can tour it during the morning hours, maybe even do their Agent P and Kidcot stuff in the mornings before the kids start melting down in the Florida heat in the afternoon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: