Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #31
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, I have added the following to post #3.......

pat fan
Lindaland
Sultana
melcrot
Soben

Hope we're all ready for Awesome August. As I have no volunteers for coaching yet, I'll post a QOTD in the morning to start us off........if you haven't already done so, don't forget to PM me your start weight, and your target loss for August. Can I please ask you to PM rather than leave on the thread because IF things get busy, I might miss it!!!

See you in the morning!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #32
SettinSail
Cruise With Me Baby

I would like to join you all this month

I've had success in the past with this group and I am freshly motivated after watching Extreme Weight Loss last night. Loved the idea they did with the marbles transferred from one jar to another as you lose each pound. I'm just not sure where to purchase marbles and single mason jars

Looking forward to success for all of us
Oct 1994 WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian Feb 2002 WDW DS 1st visit at age 4 - Wilderness Cabin Oct 2003 DisneyLand - DL Hotel Oct 2006 WDW - Wilderness Lodge Oct 2007 3 day Wonder Cabin 6076 Jan 2009 7 day Magic (Western) Cabin 5622 Aug 2010 10 day Magic (Med) Cabin 2539
SettinSail is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #33
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckelvey72 View Post
Count me in too please...now i just need to remember to send you my information on 8/1 and thereafter HAHA!!!

I am starting Shaun T T25 on August 5th so keeping accountability here will help too.
I want to hear more about this! Shaun T scares me
but I've always wanted to try one of his programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SettinSail View Post

I've had success in the past with this group and I am freshly motivated after watching Extreme Weight Loss last night. Loved the idea they did with the marbles transferred from one jar to another as you lose each pound. I'm just not sure where to purchase marbles and single mason jars

Unfortunately, I know about marbles due to DSs. I would start at the dollar store. You can use vases or something other than mason jars. They may also have marbles. If not, Walmart has them. They used to be with the toys for about $1 or $2 a bag. I say "used to" because I haven't actually looked for them in months. If you can't find glass containers, try a craft store like Michaels or Joann Fabrics. They may even have marbles lol.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #34
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SettinSail View Post

So happy to see you, my friend!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #35
tanyabanana
Mouseketeer

Add me too please. Would love to be motivated and hopefully motivate too!

tanyabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #36
mckelvey72
Mouseketeer

Jillbur, Shaun T always scared me as well. I lost 25 pounds last using with P90X and LOVED it!! Sadly, I broke my ankle back in March and was not allowed to walk for 2 months nor exercise for 4 months so it has all come back

My problem is time...I know everyone says that is just an excuse but life is busy with a very active 7 year old!! T-25 is by Shaun T but is ONLY 25 minutes for each DVD. You do a different DVD every day so keeps it fun and different. You work, but knowing you only have to focus for 25 minutes makes it a little easier. There is a girl who does moderation so with my ankle still healing I follow her most of the time.

I am only 2 days into it...today will be my 3rd day but I like it so far HAHA.....sore today but I know from P90X that the soreness gets better HAHA.

I am a beachbody coach so if you want more information PM me and we can touch base that way. We have facebook groups that keep us motivated etc so it is really great way to work out if you don't have someone with you to motivate you. I have never tried Insanity but might have to check that out after T-25!!!

mckelvey72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #37
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jillbur, Shaun T always scared me as well. I lost 25 pounds last using with P90X and LOVED it!! Sadly, I broke my ankle back in March and was not allowed to walk for 2 months nor exercise for 4 months so it has all come back

My problem is time...I know everyone says that is just an excuse but life is busy with a very active 7 year old!! T-25 is by Shaun T but is ONLY 25 minutes for each DVD. You do a different DVD every day so keeps it fun and different. You work, but knowing you only have to focus for 25 minutes makes it a little easier. There is a girl who does moderation so with my ankle still healing I follow her most of the time.

I am only 2 days into it...today will be my 3rd day but I like it so far HAHA.....sore today but I know from P90X that the soreness gets better HAHA.

I am a beachbody coach so if you want more information PM me and we can touch base that way. We have facebook groups that keep us motivated etc so it is really great way to work out if you don't have someone with you to motivate you. I have never tried Insanity but might have to check that out after T-25!!!
Thanks for the info! I never did P90X because of time. I am a teacher & have a DS7 & DS10 who both play soccer but in different levels. DS7 also takes gymnastics. So, by the time I get home, I have about 30 minutes to squeeze in a workout before I start dinner & head off to practices. DH does handle dinner about half the time & practices, but I like to go watch my boys, too. This sounds like a good program!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #38
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Count me in! Ill PM the info needed now.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #39
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Hola friends and happy August to you! No, I did not fall off a cliff....just still super busy, even "post party"!

The party was wonderful and delightful and the weather was superb and the house and yard (minus my bedroom and bathroom ) looked terrific.

Last week of swim season just wrapping up.... Granite State Championships is this weekend and then we are officially done (although she will still be swimming some to stay in shape for college)! I can hardly believe it.

I'm in for August, but won't be around as much to chat...next week we pack for vacation and start packing DD for college...then we are away for a week, then 6 days home before we take DD to college! Then school starts up for DS and I got back to work as a sub and possibly increase my hours with WW. where did the summer go??

Hope you all have been well. Errand to run now, so I'll BBL. TTYL.............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #40
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I need to try the T25 too. Ive tried regular Insanity and it about killed me. I have a few friends that are Beachbody Coaches and Ive been thinking about becoming one too. I have to research it more.

One of my friends just joined and she is loving it and already made back her investment in the first two weeks. She thinks it will be perfect for me to do as well.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #41
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Good evening fellow WISHers.....sorry I'm on so late in the day, but we've had massive network problems here today.....no computers at work at all until 2:30 this afternoon, so then had to rush to get everything done!

I will add our latest participants so post #3 in a moment. As I am so late, lets call this QOTD for today and tomorrow.......

August is the worst month for me for fitness and weight loss. It's sooo warm that I can't be bothered to cook proper meals, so pick at bad stuff. It's the time for most people to take their 2 weeks summer holidays in the UK, so work becomes quieter and less formal.....clothing gets more casual at work, and people bring in all sorts of naughty snacks!!! Got to be strong!!!

So, this brings me to QOTD......What is the worst time of year for you to stick with your weight loss/fitness committment?? (Vacations to Disney don't count...we all know how hard they are!!)

See you later

PS..have now added the following to post #3

SettinSail
tanyabanana
Tinkerboy00
pjlla

Think that's everyone in now

Last edited by Eliza32; 08-01-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #42
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Thanks Eliza!

For me its the period from October 1st to Januarys 1st. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I love sweets. So I have to really control myself with all the huge bags of candy that start popping up around October. Luckily Im too old to trick or treat anymore.

With November and December its all about the holidays. With all the baking that everyone brings in, and little gifts here and there of food, its really hard. Especially around Christmas Holiday.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #43
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

I totally agree with Tinkertoy00!! I usually call it "sugar season", candy is my biggest downfall and there is no end to it from mid Oct to Jan. Halloween is my fav holiday & I usually go all out with a fog machine and the works!! We get tons of trick or treaters so I use that as my excuse to buy tons if candy, then say I will take leftovers to work, but it usually never makes it!

This year I have a cunning plan in that I will be in WDW for Halloween so no need to buy any candy. Then I just have to wade through all the treats & goodies that come with the rest of sugar season, lol Hopefully I will be well into the habit of better eating & exercise by then and rely on that to help me avoid the sugar pits!!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #44
dgr1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

So, this brings me to QOTD......What is the worst time of year for you to stick with your weight loss/fitness committment?? (Vacations to Disney don't count...we all know how hard they are!!)

See you later

Hmmm normally I would say the time between Halloween and New Years is the hardest for me as well but I actually lost weight this past holiday season. I'm having a hard time this summer with all the bbq's, beer and wine! Looking forward to getting back into a routine when my girls go back to school and I am back to work after next week!
dgr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #45
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

I have to agree with Oct. - Jan. All those holiday goodies are so tempting and traditional! Gotta have the spinach dip/stuffing/candy whatever the holiday traditional junk food is!

Of course, today I would say that TODAY is particularly hard for me. Had to put our dog to sleep today, so all I want to do is eat. Haven't caved yet and am within my calories for the day, so so far so good.

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: