Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #2116
Aurora in blue
Mouseketeer

Thanks. We are staying at all star movies , so it looks like we may have a good chance of new rfid mugss?? I am a little worried since all star sports food court is being re done, it is going to be packed at movies and if the mugs have any glitches...fingers crossed , maybe we need a fast pass+ option to refill our mugs
Aurora in blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #2117
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.

Will we need the RFID chip to get ice at the machines? We usually bring our own PEPSI and use old mugs. We would need ice to make the Pepsi cold.

Cruise # 13 - Magic - February 22, 2015

Disney Wonder - 2000 Nassau, 2001 Nassau, Freeport, 2011 Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan
Disney Magic - 2002 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John 2003 Western Mystery cruise, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, 2004 Western, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2007 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, 2009 Eastern, St Croix, St Thomas 2010 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John
Disney Dream -2012 Nassau
Disney Fantasy - 2013 Eastern, St Thomas, San Juan 2014 Western, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica
Disneyland Hotel, Fort Wilderness Home, Yacht and Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movie, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, Art of Animation
plutojudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #2118
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutojudy View Post
Will we need the RFID chip to get ice at the machines? We usually bring our own PEPSI and use old mugs. We would need ice to make the Pepsi cold.

Ice and Water are Free...

Port Orleans Riverside is starting to receive these new machines as well.
Venomhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #2119
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutojudy View Post
No you won't need it for ice or water.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #2120
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora in blue View Post
If you are getting a mug with your dining plan will it automatically be length of stay? Im thinking about our check out day we are not leaving until noon , do you think it will still be active? 19 days and counting till we arrive...
Since your dining credits are good until midnight of your check out day, I would assume the same would be true of the RFID mug.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #2121
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Who is there with an update for us?
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #2122
4RJN
Earning My Ears

cups ears

Just trying to earn my ears
4RJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #2123
anbouk
FINALLY....DVC!!!

Refillable Mugs

We will be checking into AKV in three weeks. Our first part of the stay for three days I purchased the Quick Service Dining Plan, then we are off to BLT for two days without a dining plan ( I have TIW). My question is will have the option to pay extra for use of the mugs in BLT for two days w/o the dining plan?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #2124
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbouk View Post
We will be checking into AKV in three weeks. Our first part of the stay for three days I purchased the Quick Service Dining Plan, then we are off to BLT for two days without a dining plan ( I have TIW). My question is will have the option to pay extra for use of the mugs in BLT for two days w/o the dining plan?
Ok, I'm going to answer this since I think everyone is busy trying to get Free Dining (I did this morning myself). So this is my understanding of it.

The split stay with AKV and BLT might be a problem if they start the mugs with the chips, but you say 3 weeks so it's probably not going to happen. Since your mug is "paid for" already when you get it with your dining plan. I would think you are ok for the two other days without doing anything else. Since anyone can buy a mug and use it for their trip, dining plan not required. I see no reason why you would need to purchase another mug when your trip is continuous. It's not like someone bringing back an "old/previously purchased on another vacation" mug and reusing it.

Editing to also say: Since the mugs are as of right now one price no matter how many days you stay. Of course once chipped this is supposed to change so it'd be different if that was the case.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #2125
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbouk View Post
even though you get the mugs with the dining plan, their use is not limited to those with the dining plan. (if you don't purchase the DDP, you can still purchase the mug)..
and you buy the mug for your DISNEY VACATION. your ENTIRE Disney vacation.

since they don't have the RFID mugs yet anyway, it won't be a problem at all.

mix and matching Disney resorts is still one Disney vacation.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #2126
smidgy
dimples

ps . the rifd mugs will likely have a way to reactivate the chips at your new resort when doing a split stay. so many people do split stays. Disney loves it.. cause you spend more money that way!

take a family of 4 staying at 3 dif. disney resorts on one disney vacation... no way does disney expect you to buy 12 mugs on your single vacation.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:45 AM   #2127
anbouk
FINALLY....DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
even though you get the mugs with the dining plan, their use is not limited to those with the dining plan. (if you don't purchase the DDP, you can still purchase the mug)..
and you buy the mug for your DISNEY VACATION. your ENTIRE Disney vacation.

since they don't have the RFID mugs yet anyway, it won't be a problem at all.

mix and matching Disney resorts is still one Disney vacation.
This was very helpful. Thank you so much
Old 08-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #2128
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know when the mugs are supposed to switch over?

We are doing a split stay at Pop/Beach Club beginning in less than 2 weeks. We'd rather not deal with the RFID set up, especially with the 2 resorts.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #2129
Trip planner
Mouseketeer

RFID and #days the mugs works

I read that the new mugs will have the number of days of your stay programmed into them and the day is not a 24 hour period rather a new day starts at 12:01 am. My family is staying 5 nights in October. We will check in Tuesday evening, if we get a beverage that night, will that knock one day off of our allotment leaving us "thirsty" on checkout morning? That would go against the dining plan advertising that we can refill our mug throughout our stay!
Trip planner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #2130
aggordon2
Mouseketeer

Anybody there now?

Sorry if this was asked already, but do the new RFID mugs have a new design? or old design with new colors? Does anyone have pictures of the new mugs?

Answers to these questions would be very helpful, especially pictures if you have.

DIS Dad's Club Member #576

aggordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: