Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #3316
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

I am also reading that GF will be excluded from FD also

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #3317
black562
Dis Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post
I am also reading that GF will be excluded from FD also
I didn't see that in the information conveyed to me. However, with that resort, the room discount will often yield a better deal anyway.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

My Disney Blog: www.disneybyjoe.com

black562 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #3318
Silly3mom
Earning My Ears

Reviewing the doth American offer I didn't notice it excluded any resorts? Did I miss something in translation😳
Silly3mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 AM   #3319
Silly3mom
Earning My Ears

Ok should have read through my post before posting. Did the South America offer exclude some resorts? I didn't translate it that it did?
Silly3mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #3320
Mcert01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly3mom View Post
Ok should have read through my post before posting. Did the South America offer exclude some resorts? I didn't translate it that it did?
First, I don't believe there is a "South America" offer. Someone mentioned earlier that the rumor started on a South American Disney planning site.

Second, all of this August 1 stuff is just mere speculation. The only folks who know work for Disney, and they are not going to talk. August 1 could turn out to be the date. It is afterall the day after the current promotion ends. However, that would just be guessing as well.

Third, I am very skeptical of anyone on this board having direct knowledge. If there were a leak it would be all over the internet, not just one person on this site. The source being a South American website, I am even more skeptical.

Finally, while it is interesting to discuss, and I am very excited to learn about the FD offer as well, stressing over the date everyone knows is coming doesn't seem to make sense to me. Disney will announce this when they are ready, and everyone interested will have plenty of time to book.

This isn't like folks who are stressing over Calif Grill ressies. Knowing exactly when AD's will open up could mean the difference between getting a ressie or not. Here, the rooms won't fill up in the first hour, so don't sweat it at this point.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #3321
titansgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcert01 View Post

First, I don't believe there is a "South America" offer. Someone mentioned earlier that the rumor started on a South American Disney planning site.

Second, all of this August 1 stuff is just mere speculation. The only folks who know work for Disney, and they are not going to talk. August 1 could turn out to be the date. It is afterall the day after the current promotion ends. However, that would just be guessing as well.

Third, I am very skeptical of anyone on this board having direct knowledge. If there were a leak it would be all over the internet, not just one person on this site. The source being a South American website, I am even more skeptical.

Finally, while it is interesting to discuss, and I am very excited to learn about the FD offer as well, stressing over the date everyone knows is coming doesn't seem to make sense to me. Disney will announce this when they are ready, and everyone interested will have plenty of time to book.

This isn't like folks who are stressing over Calif Grill ressies. Knowing exactly when AD's will open up could mean the difference between getting a ressie or not. Here, the rooms won't fill up in the first hour, so don't sweat it at this point.
For what it's worth, several TA's that I follow on Facebook have "mentioned" that they have confirmed exciting news for Thursday, August 1 and to stay tuned. Some have even said they plan to be on the phone at 7:00 tomorrow morning and expect it to be a long day working with Disney. Adding that to all of the rumors across the web from places like Chip & Co. I am pretty convinced it is happening tomorrow . Super excited. I have to change my dates and pull my DD out of school for 2 1/2 days, but it will be worth it for free dining! Good luck everyone!
titansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #3322
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansgal View Post
For what it's worth, several TA's that I follow on Facebook have "mentioned" that they have confirmed exciting news for Thursday, August 1 and to stay tuned. Some have even said they plan to be on the phone at 7:00 tomorrow morning and expect it to be a long day working with Disney. Adding that to all of the rumors across the web from places like Chip & Co. I am pretty convinced it is happening tomorrow . Super excited. I have to change my dates and pull my DD out of school for 2 1/2 days, but it will be worth it for free dining! Good luck everyone!
Just got confirmation from CM on reservations...she was the kindest person i've ever spoken to... She said "Make sure you give us a call tomorrow and check to see if there are any special dining offers." I did not even mention it I was calling to extend our stay by one day! Love it! Good luck everyone hope you all get what you wanted and even if you don't remember just being with Friends and Family at the WDW should be enough...
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #3323
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPDESKGUY View Post
Just got confirmation from CM on reservations...she was the kindest person i've ever spoken to... She said "Make sure you give us a call tomorrow and check to see if there are any special dining offers." I did not even mention it I was calling to extend our stay by one day! Love it! Good luck everyone hope you all get what you wanted and even if you don't remember just being with Friends and Family at the WDW should be enough...
Thanks!
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #3324
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:

I have inside knowledge, and there is NOTHING OFFICIAL being 'shared' with pubic, including TA's. Yes, it's likely, and there is very good reason to be encouraged, but seriously, pour a drink and just wait for it, it will all be ok!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #3325
Mcert01
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
I have inside knowledge, and there is NOTHING OFFICIAL being 'shared' with pubic, including TA's. Yes, it's likely, and there is very good reason to be encouraged, but seriously, pour a drink and just wait for it, it will all be ok!
That's what I'm sayin'
Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #3326
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
That's what I'm sayin'
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #3327
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:

With all due respect, this is the exact pattern of events that occurred with the September free dining offer. That offer was first posted here by a poster from Argentina 5 days before Danny25 and Black brought the leak here. To say deals don't get leaked from within is naīve. It happens every single time a deal is coming. It has always been known beforehand. This deal is on several websites, not just this one. People also have been receiving emails from their TAs today with confirmation that it is coming out tomorrow. It is fine to be skeptical, and no one should ever fully trust the offer until it is officially released. However, I wouldn't go so far as to say it is not possible to be a leak when there is a proven track record that it happens every single time a deal is coming. We had the September offer on 4/19 and it didn't come out to the public until May 9. People simply can't ignore facts like that and there is no way to pass it off as coincidence. Especially since it was the first time in almost a decade that August dates were not included.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #3328
HELPDESKGUY
Disney Dad

Couple TA's on FB have posted "We have a magical offer for you coming tomorrow"

yeah...
1991 Euro Disney AKA Disneyland Paris, 2004 Universal Studios Portifino, 2006 DVC OKW, 2007 DVC BWV, 2008 Universal Studios Lowes Royal Pacific, 2009 Off site Roys Disney Villa, 2009 Windsor Hills Kamena Villa, 2010 Windsor Hills Villa, 2011 Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel, 2011 Windsor Hills,
2012 Cornado Springs Resort

DCL 2011 Magic Mexico
DCL 2012 Fantasy San Juan
HELPDESKGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #3329
DisneyEG
Mouseketeer

We have annual passes we just purchased, can You get the free dining promotion When booking a room with your Annual passes? That is if they do announce free dining.
2004 Disneyland Grand Califorinian

2005 Hilton Downtown Disney, Caribbean Beach Resort, Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista
2006 Hilton Downtown Disney, Grand Floridian
2007 Coronado Springs Resort,Swan & Yacht Club
2008 Disneyland Anahiem Marriott

2008 Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs Resort & Dolphin

2009 Disneyland Anahiem Marriot and Paradise Pier
2009 Port Orleans Riverside & Coronado Springs
2010 P Orleans Riverside and Saratoga Springs
2010 Disneyland Hotel
2011 Disneyland trip Hyatt
2011 WDW trip Port Orleans, Dolphin, Bay Lake Towers
2012 Disneyland trip Hilton June
2012 Disneyland trip Hilton, Disneyland Hotel August
2012 Disneyland trip Hilton November
DisneyEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #3330
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEG View Post
We have annual passes we just purchased, can You get the free dining promotion When booking a room with your Annual passes? That is if they do announce free dining.
Free dining requires a minimum 3 night stay at rack rate and a minimum 2-day base ticket for everyone on the reservation ages 3 and up. If you want a dining plan, you can do an AP ticketless package which is booking at rack rate or the AP rate and purchasing a dining plan. The only way you can get FD is to get the 2 day tickets and save them for a future trip or save them to use toward your AP renewal when it is time to renew.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: