Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #61
DisneyMarv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlisenbery View Post
We are stay from the 4th - 10th and I havent seen anything yet. Let us know and we shall all check.

:D
i will also be arriving to the CR Resort Sept 13 and nothing on MDE..
“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

DisneyMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #62
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

I am curious how the test group was notified...did they receive a call, email or was it just available on MDE? I would love to try this since it is just me and DH on our next trip. I think it would be fun to play with the new technology.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #63
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemayhem View Post
Arriving at POR September 14th for a week. I wish the Disney site would only show the FP+ links, band customization, etc., for people to whom it applies - especially because the way it's set up now makes it look as though it's currently available for me (and seemingly to all). I know that I would be notified if I am selected to test, but that doesn't prevent the site from being ultra confusing (even more so than it already is!!). A "coming soon!" FAQ would be a great alternative!
We are arriving at POR the same day as you! I can see the tabs for the magic bands and for Fastpass plus on the MDE website but I can't do anything with them. Can you?
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #64
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are stay from the 4th - 10th and I havent seen anything yet. Let us know and we shall all check.

:D
I will post here if and when (that is with fingers crossed, of course) we can do anything.

Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #65
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
We are arriving at POR the same day as you! I can see the tabs for the magic bands and for Fastpass plus on the MDE website but I can't do anything with them. Can you?
I can see them also but can not do anything with them.
Laura
***Aug. 29 - Sept. 2, 2014 Port Orleans French Quarters***Sept. 12 - 21, 2014 Contemporary Club Level***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #66
maggiemayhem
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
Yay for POR! I've never stayed there, so I'm very excited.

I can't customize the bands, no, but all of the false FP+ links are driving me nuts!! Earlier today, I was able to open a calendar for some dates in August - not even when I will be there - to "pick" FP+ experiences, but the site immediately kicked me out of that screen (I saw someone else had this same experience). That sort of thing is what keeps happening!! I see the links, so I try to click through to see if I can actually get anywhere (usually out of curiosity!)... but nothing yet. I know I don't have to look at those sections of MDE, and I will get an email if I'm selected, but every time I see the links I do briefly wonder if I will be a tester. Add me to the list of people who hate the website.
maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #67
mdlisenbery
Earning My Ears

Talking Pop Century 4-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
I will post here if and when (that is with fingers crossed, of course) we can do anything.

Laura

Just got my package from Disney that include all the information about the trip and it's missing the luggage tags so the bags can get delivered to the room. But they did goof up and included a paper about Magicband coming up in September Fingers Cross
mdlisenbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #68
Carlen9
Earning My Ears

We are staying at the Contemporary Aug 13-17 and just got a package on Sat announcing that we had been chosen. I customized our bands on Sat and they arrived at our front door this morning. So if you are chosen it could be as close as two weeks before your trip. Have patience and keep your fingers crossed.

Karen
Carlen9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #69
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just got my package from Disney that include all the information about the trip and it's missing the luggage tags so the bags can get delivered to the room. But they did goof up and included a paper about Magicband coming up in September Fingers Cross
Well that beats out luggage tags any day! Btw, you can call and they will send the yellow tags.

Can you post the paper? What are your travel dates and resort?

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #70
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlen9 View Post
We are staying at the Contemporary Aug 13-17 and just got a package on Sat announcing that we had been chosen. I customized our bands on Sat and they arrived at our front door this morning. So if you are chosen it could be as close as two weeks before your trip. Have patience and keep your fingers crossed.

Karen
And you are notified by the package, not by e-mail or going onto MDE?

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014

Last edited by luvgoing2disney; 07-30-2013 at 01:20 PM.
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #71
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnierocks View Post
I am curious how the test group was notified...did they receive a call, email or was it just available on MDE? I would love to try this since it is just me and DH on our next trip. I think it would be fun to play with the new technology.
I believe the August group was notified via email, UPS letter. and pop up on MDE website. Some folks never got email, some haven't gotten ups letter, and I'm sure some folks saw others getting it so they went to website and got popup/ found out after reading it on dis.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #72
mcsubby
Earning My Ears

magic bands

I'm staying at POR Sept. 12-18 and I have not received anything.
mcsubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #73
niccikatie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
I believe the August group was notified via email, UPS letter. and pop up on MDE website. Some folks never got email, some haven't gotten ups letter, and I'm sure some folks saw others getting it so they went to website and got popup/ found out after reading it on dis.
Yes, the popup started appearing on/about July 16th (which, incidentally, is 17 days from August 2nd). People also got some scattered emails and UPS letters at that time indicating they were a part of the test. It now appears that 17 days is magic number to receive notice that you are included in the test, but that the popup is available before you ever receive your email/ups invitation.

For example, we are arriving at Disney on August 17th. The ability to customize my bands showed up on July 16th. I've had my MagicBands since July 22nd. I fully expect to receive an email and/or UPS package tomorrow including my invitation to test.

POR 7-31-10 to 8-2-10
POR 3-25-11 to 4-1-11
POR 2-02-12 to 2-09-12
YC 8-17-13 to 8-23-13
Wonder to Alaska! 8-18-14 to 8-25-14
a few trips as a kid too!
niccikatie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #74
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
So far, I haven't seen anybody who customized their bands get inside of 17 days without receiving a UPS letter/email notification.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #75
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
So far, I haven't seen anybody who customized their bands get inside of 17 days without receiving a UPS letter/email notification.
OK than I guess ones I'd read were just early to game.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: