Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #46
Sleepy425
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyFan1 View Post
Will be at Pop September 7th-14th. I've been checking everyday too!
We will be at Pop those same dates. I apologize in advance if you happen to try to be relaxing by the pool at the same time we bring my 1 and 3 year old

I'm hoping this isn't rolled out by then, I do not want to have to deal with the issues they are bound to have.
Sleepy425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #47
DopeyFan1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy425

We will be at Pop those same dates. I apologize in advance if you happen to try to be relaxing by the pool at the same time we bring my 1 and 3 year old

I'm hoping this isn't rolled out by then, I do not want to have to deal with the issues they are bound to have.
Aw I won't mind! That's what Disney if for right? They should be able to be loud and have fun! :-) do they know that yall are going or is it a surprise?
I'm worried about it being rolled out and trying to figure it out and deal with the problems too. I guess we will see! :-)
DopeyFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #48
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

AKL (Jambo for a day and then Kidani) from Aug 31 - Sept 14... haven't heard anything, but when I select FP+ under the pulldown below MDE, it takes me to a calendar but then says "we're sorry! The selection date must be within at least one party member's fastpass+ selection window." That's different, but nothing else can be done - so really no difference. (yet?)

Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:45 AM   #49
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

At BWV Sept 1-21, haven't heard anything about FP+ being available.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #50
DisWishes720
Mouseketeer

We are headed to BC from Sept 17-20 and then AKL the 20-22. I am so confused about this whole FP+ testing! If we do get picked, will we only get 3 FP a day? What if we are going to more than one park a day? Will we then not be able to use the old FP system?

Almost makes you not want to get picked...

DisWishes720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #51
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisWishes720
We are headed to BC from Sept 17-20 and then AKL the 20-22. I am so confused about this whole FP+ testing! If we do get picked, will we only get 3 FP a day? What if we are going to more than one park a day? Will we then not be able to use the old FP system?

Almost makes you not want to get picked...
That's the way I understand it as of now- 3 fast passes and cannot use the old system.

If you are selected, you can decline.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #52
Raya
Mouseketeer

Arrival date 9/19, and MDE keeps telling me to link reservations to my account so I can set up my FP+... But we haven't bought tickets yet. Here's the text:

"Whether you’re a participant in the MyMagic+ test or are planning your upcoming Disney vacation, please take a moment to get the most of My Disney Experience.

Create your Family & Friends list and link your Resort hotel reservation and tickets to enjoy exciting new MyMagic+ features—like FastPass+ service—when they become available later this year."

Does this mean when we add tickets, we'll be selected?
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #53
Tbiafore
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
Arrival date 9/19, and MDE keeps telling me to link reservations to my account so I can set up my FP+... But we haven't bought tickets yet. Here's the text:

"Whether you’re a participant in the MyMagic+ test or are planning your upcoming Disney vacation, please take a moment to get the most of My Disney Experience.

Create your Family & Friends list and link your Resort hotel reservation and tickets to enjoy exciting new MyMagic+ features—like FastPass+ service—when they become available later this year."

Does this mean when we add tickets, we'll be selected?
No - Its the generic placeholder text everyone is seeing.
Tbiafore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #54
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbiafore View Post
No - Its the generic placeholder text everyone is seeing.
That note is driving me nuts since I have already created my list and linked tickets and resort reservations. Every time I see it I go back and double check my reservation page. However, when I click on "Manage MagicBands", only 2 members of our party are listed with pics of cards only, of course. I can't figure out why all four party members aren't listed.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #55
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Just checked MDE this morning. Still nothin'

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #56
snausman
Mouseketeer

We are going Sep. 5-15, staying at CR. I check several times a day and nothing. Hoping to be part of the test group. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed.

Laura

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #57
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeanne View Post
I was told by a CM that since we were staying at Pop they were doing a full roll out during Sept. Now if that will come to pass, I have no idea...however I really want it too!!! Hubby and I are nerds and we want to play with the 'new toys'!!
Were at POP Sept 6-15 but I'm in Canada and the web site is hit and miss here... I'm on the fence but hope to have the option to say yes or no... Likely Yes as I just can't resist trying it.

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #58
maggiemayhem
Mouseketeer

Arriving at POR September 14th for a week. I wish the Disney site would only show the FP+ links, band customization, etc., for people to whom it applies - especially because the way it's set up now makes it look as though it's currently available for me (and seemingly to all). I know that I would be notified if I am selected to test, but that doesn't prevent the site from being ultra confusing (even more so than it already is!!). A "coming soon!" FAQ would be a great alternative!
maggiemayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #59
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemayhem
Arriving at POR September 14th for a week. I wish the Disney site would only show the FP+ links, band customization, etc., for people to whom it applies - especially because the way it's set up now makes it look as though it's currently available for me (and seemingly to all). I know that I would be notified if I am selected to test, but that doesn't prevent the site from being ultra confusing (even more so than it already is!!). A "coming soon!" FAQ would be a great alternative!
Are you able to order/ customize magic bands? We also arrive 9-14 and I cannot order.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #60
mdlisenbery
Earning My Ears

Pop Century 4-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausman View Post
We are going Sep. 5-15, staying at CR. I check several times a day and nothing. Hoping to be part of the test group. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed.

Laura
We are stay from the 4th - 10th and I havent seen anything yet. Let us know and we shall all check.

:D
mdlisenbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: