Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #211
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose

hmmm I could be wrong but I thought for sure I saw Almond Milk at Animal Kingdom Lodge??? I mean if it due to allergies, it may be worth taking a bus from downtown disney over to AKL & stock up on some for the week.
Hmmm, now I want to know for sure! We are staying at AKL the second half our trip and I'd love it if this were true! I could see how the chefs could not know this was offered in a resort shop. I always look at the special diet offerings when we are visiting other resorts but that is one I haven't paid much attention to. Thanks for sharing!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #212
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
Hello! We checked in to pop this morning and our fridge was out so we asked about any credit we could get applied and the CM we asked said since it was a complimentary service we could not get credit unless we needed the fridge for medical reasons and there are large fridges you can use at luggage check in if need be. Thought I would pass what we were told along!
The WDW website specifically mentions refrigerators as an included amenity for Pop Century. (edit: Let me revise that. I just looked at the website, and it does not list refrigerators. I could have sworn it was there when I booked a few weeks ago. It's possible that they removed that from the amenities list since then. Can anyone confirm if the Disney website ever did list refrigerator as a room amenity? With this in mind, much of what I say in the rest of this post might not be 100% fair or accurate)

If you don't have a working refrigerator, then you are not getting what you paid for. Disney should therefore either provide a refrigerator or compensate you in some way.

The CM that said they are "complimentary" and therefore they don't owe you anything was basically just misinformed. They are not free or complimentary refrigerators, they are an included amenity as listed when you book your room. It's not a lottery where you may or may not get lucky and get one. By the free/complimentary logic, Disney could give you a room with no beds, no TV, no air conditioning... just an empty room, and then say that all those other things are simply free add ons that you don't pay for, so you might get them, you might not. Obviously that's simply not true.

People book POP rooms with the advanced knowledge that you're getting a refrigerator. Unless they tell you before you make your reservations that a refrigerator won't be available, you are entitled to reasonable compensation.

Last edited by Simba77; 07-30-2013 at 02:50 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #213
Montyrob
Mouseketeer

You do not see fridges listed....because they changed the descriptions of amenities when the removal was announced..smart little buggers Disney is, because when I booked a few months ago ai printed the list out and fridges are listed

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #214
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montyrob View Post
You do not see fridges listed....because they changed the descriptions of amenities when the removal was announced..smart little buggers Disney is, because when I booked a few months ago ai printed the list out and fridges are listed

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Ooooooh, I knew it!

At least now I know that when I check in, I can say to them that it said "refrigerator" on the amenities when I booked as ammo in case they try to deny my money!

It's win-win, really. I'd love a fridge but the $15/day would be great, too.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #215
PrincesCJM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

I think you will be just fine with a std room. There are many std rooms that are GREAT LOCATIONS!! And are easily and just as quickly accessible as preferred rooms. I would request to be in the 50's or 60's if I was you. I think those would be ideal locations for you with your mom! Enjoy your trip!!
I would not suggest the 50's. Assuming Mimi's using the bus, they are the furthest buildings from the bus stop. 60's or 70's are my suggestions.
Two trips as a child 5/04 - Offsite 8/07 - Offsite/ASSp. DH's first trip. 8/09 - POFQ for honeymoon. 4/11 - Pop Century for our 3rd trip together! 7/11 - Offsite for STS-135 Launch seen from KSCVC 7/13 - Pop Century. DS's first trip! 4/2015 - ASMo

Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #216
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincesCJM View Post
I would not suggest the 50's. Assuming Mimi's using the bus, they are the furthest buildings from the bus stop. 60's or 70's are my suggestions.
Actually, that's not always the case. From the dead center of each "decade" to the dead center of the bus platform, there's really no difference. Of course, you may be closer or further depending on which part of each decade you're in.

And there are exceptions - like if you're in the 80s/90s, you can cut across the parking lot, or if you're in the 70s you can go around straight to the front of the building (without passing through the lobby) to save some distance. But the truth of it is that for most non-preferred rooms at POP, your walk is going to be roughly the same unless you're conveniently located to cut across the south parking lot (80s/90s and parts of 70s)

The "far" building of the 50s section is definitely the worst there is, but honestly, if you don't have a preferred room, you're looking at a 1,000 foot walk to the buses unless you have the parking lot short cut -- and sometimes your walk will be that long even with a preferred room. To make matters even more complicated, there are some non-preferred rooms that are significantly shorter walks to the buses than preferred rooms. (here's a map of preferred, pool view, and standard room locations: http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/a...oriesFINAL.jpg)

I detailed the distances in this (old) post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3567

Old 07-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #217
Simba77
DIS Veteran

Here's an example of where a non-preferred room in the 50s (black dot) is closer to Classic Hall and the buses than a preferred room in the 60s (red dot). There are a lot of examples of this.

My recommendation is to choose "closest to transportation" if you do online check-in, or call the resort or travel agent in advance and tell them to add that request to your reservation.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #218
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77 View Post
The "far" building of the 50s section is definitely the worst there is, but honestly, if you don't have a preferred room, you're looking at a 1,000 foot walk to the buses unless you have the parking lot short cut -- and sometimes your walk will be that long even with a preferred room. To make matters even more complicated, there are some non-preferred rooms that are significantly shorter walks to the buses than preferred rooms.
Plus, the Pop map doesn't completely detail it, but there are more walking path/shortcuts connecting building 1 so you can go around the front of Classic Hall (near the luggage area), and not have to walk to the back and through to get to the buses. For this reason I request and like building 1 in the 50's, because even with a standard room you have a nice walk to both buses and the food court.

The building I like to avoid is the 90's building 8.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 07-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #219
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

I have a question. So I know for sure I want quiet. I know I want 4th floor - lake view. Here's my question- do I want near an elevator or near the stairs ? Out of convenience I would like to know. We don't mind stairs if its gonna get us there quicker and efficiently.

Any insight is appreciated. Thx
Old 07-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #220
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

Plus, the Pop map doesn't completely detail it, but there are more walking path/shortcuts connecting building 1 so you can go around the front of Classic Hall (near the luggage area), and not have to walk to the back and through to get to the buses. For this reason I request and like building 1 in the 50's, because even with a standard room you have a nice walk to both buses and the food court.

The building I like to avoid is the 90's building 8.
We request building 1 usually as well. Even for the standard rooms of this building they are closer. We stayed in building 3 last year at the back & the walk was only a couple of extra mins. I love the 50's theme so won't stay anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 07-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #221
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
I have a question. So I know for sure I want quiet. I know I want 4th floor - lake view. Here's my question- do I want near an elevator or near the stairs ? Out of convenience I would like to know. We don't mind stairs if its gonna get us there quicker and efficiently.
I always request ground floor for convenience with a stroller.

Since there are stairs available at the ends of the buildings and in the center, I think they are more convenient than elevators, which are only in the center of each building.

The one time I stayed on floor 3 in the 90's I tended to use the stairs as it was quicker than waiting for the elevators.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #222
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77

The WDW website specifically mentions refrigerators as an included amenity for Pop Century. (edit: Let me revise that. I just looked at the website, and it does not list refrigerators. I could have sworn it was there when I booked a few weeks ago. It's possible that they removed that from the amenities list since then. Can anyone confirm if the Disney website ever did list refrigerator as a room amenity? With this in mind, much of what I say in the rest of this post might not be 100% fair or accurate)

If you don't have a working refrigerator, then you are not getting what you paid for. Disney should therefore either provide a refrigerator or compensate you in some way.

The CM that said they are "complimentary" and therefore they don't owe you anything was basically just misinformed. They are not free or complimentary refrigerators, they are an included amenity as listed when you book your room. It's not a lottery where you may or may not get lucky and get one. By the free/complimentary logic, Disney could give you a room with no beds, no TV, no air conditioning... just an empty room, and then say that all those other things are simply free add ons that you don't pay for, so you might get them, you might not. Obviously that's simply not true.

People book POP rooms with the advanced knowledge that you're getting a refrigerator. Unless they tell you before you make your reservations that a refrigerator won't be available, you are entitled to reasonable compensation.
I specifically looked for the refrigerator when we booked last October for this October and yes, it was listed as being part of the room amenities. They probably removed it for bow because they are replacing them.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #223
melnbil
DIS Veteran

My son is insisting on staying in the 80's/90's building. He loves the Rubic's Cubes. I am booking standard pool view. I prefer first floor (he tends to fall asleep on the bus and 80lbs dead weight is no fun to carry). Would building 7 be the best due to convenience to laundry. I know, I know, laundry on vacation but with being there 12 days, I have no choice. The walk to the buses doesn't bother us. My husband usually gets coffee in the am so the walk will be nice for him. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by melnbil; 07-30-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #224
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba77

See they think they have the jump. Now the question is when it was removed as an ammenity was the price adjusted accordingly too. Which I doubt it was but that would only be fair if they are taking away an amenity. Since we all know the prices were bumped up to cover the charge of the fridges being added.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #225
chrispeto
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmom27 View Post

See they think they have the jump. Now the question is when it was removed as an ammenity was the price adjusted accordingly too. Which I doubt it was but that would only be fair if they are taking away an amenity. Since we all know the prices were bumped up to cover the charge of the fridges being added.
when I booked my trip in may the website did not list fridges as an amenity, when I called to,pay off my trip,in June, I requested a fridge and that is when I was told the rooms have them.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: