Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 05:27 AM   #1681
ShellB8585
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
On the classic ships it's just chocolate and vanilla
I assumed it was to do with where they are. We were on the Magic in the Caribbean January 2012 and they had Banana, mango and Blueberry soft serve options on different days.

On the same ship in the med this year the options were Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. I was gutted as the Banana was amazing and I had been looking forward to it for weeks!
2011 - 2012 ~ 2 visits to DLP

7 Night Eastern Caribbean ~ Disney Magic ~ 14 Jan 2012
4 Night Mediterranean ~ Disney Magic ~ 9 July 2013

Shelley DH Carl

ShellB8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:30 AM   #1682
Kimmiebr80
Mouseketeer

On the Magic last year we had chocolate, vanilla as blueberry. I would've loved a banana/chocolate swirl!!
Kimmiebr80 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 05:31 AM   #1683
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellB8585 View Post

I assumed it was to do with where they are. We were on the Magic in the Caribbean January 2012 and they had Banana, mango and Blueberry soft serve options on different days.

On the same ship in the med this year the options were Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. I was gutted as the Banana was amazing and I had been looking forward to it for weeks!
News to me...but I could've missed them as only DH was braving the soft serve on our last several cruises. I will say its a new development though as in 2010 I know there was only chocolate and vanilla on deck ever.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #1684
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

I have to go back and read through all this pages! Most people probably know this but I didn't know you could order breakfast items from room service because it wasn't on the menu (unless I missed it). Every morning I took the kids down for breakfast while my fiancé got ready, she is not and early morning person, and then brought her back breakfast. We did order a coffee carafe the night before which was a good idea I learned here on the boards.

Any ideas specific to the Magic? I've only been on the Dream so didn't know if there were any small differences to know.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #1685
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
I have to go back and read through all this pages! Most people probably know this but I didn't know you could order breakfast items from room service because it wasn't on the menu (unless I missed it). Every morning I took the kids down for breakfast while my fiancé got ready, she is not and early morning person, and then brought her back breakfast. We did order a coffee carafe the night before which was a good idea I learned here on the boards.

Any ideas specific to the Magic? I've only been on the Dream so didn't know if there were any small differences to know.
The cards to order breakfast are in the desk drawer
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #1686
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
No, on the Magic's EBTA from Galveston to Barcelona in May we had a variety of flavors. Banana, Blueberry, Strawberry, Mango as well as the usual Chocolate and Vanilla.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #1687
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post

No, on the Magic's EBTA from Galveston to Barcelona in May we had a variety of flavors. Banana, Blueberry, Strawberry, Mango as well as the usual Chocolate and Vanilla.
As I said. News to me. In 2010, they didn't.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 07-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #1688
TheTexasGal
Mouseketeer

On our Oct 2012 Magic cruise there were lots of choices of soft serve and they changed daily. They had little labels they would put out to tell you what type they had for that day. :-). We didn't eat it every day but we often walked by to see what they were offering - intending to go back later and would get wrapped up in something else... Lol. :-)
TheTexasGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #1689
jaskie
Earning My Ears

Questions on DCL vs RCL cruises

We just booked our first Disney Cruise on the Magic for Christmas 2013, Get on the ship after the refurb.
I've done multiple cruises on RCL and Carnival, but are "upgrading" for this one (it's my daughter's 18 bday and my son's 21 bday present).
For anyone who has cruised on these other lines can you tell me some of the things that are different (besides obvious).
I have read about the fish extenders, doors, etc. Does Disney have a limit on how many bottles of liquor can be brought by each person? Also are you allowed to bring in your own soda (I don't like Coke products).

Any help would be appreciated. My daughter is a huge fanatic so want to make this a magical birthday present.

Penny

Penny (jaskie)
Taylor - (20 dx Autism)
Taryn - (18 dx Asperger's)

Been cruise 5 times before on RCCL, Celebrity, and Carnival.
Next cruise on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving
Too many trips to WDW to count -
We moved to FL to go more often.
jaskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #1690
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

You can bring your own soda. I am not aware of a limit but all alcohol and soda need to be in your carryon bags. I would imagine the amount you can carry yourself onboard.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #1691
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskie View Post
We just booked our first Disney Cruise on the Magic for Christmas 2013, Get on the ship after the refurb.
I've done multiple cruises on RCL and Carnival, but are "upgrading" for this one (it's my daughter's 18 bday and my son's 21 bday present).
For anyone who has cruised on these other lines can you tell me some of the things that are different (besides obvious).
I have read about the fish extenders, doors, etc. Does Disney have a limit on how many bottles of liquor can be brought by each person? Also are you allowed to bring in your own soda (I don't like Coke products).

Any help would be appreciated. My daughter is a huge fanatic so want to make this a magical birthday present.

Penny
You can bring as much of your favorite soda and alcohol that you can comfortably carry on. You have to bring it in your carry on though it cannot be in your checked bags.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #1692
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
As I said. News to me. In 2010, they didn't.
No biggie, I was referring to the following post by you which didn't say anything about 2010:

Quote:
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #1693
cruiselover914
Mouseketeer

Are there any other secrets that are popular?

Last edited by cruiselover914; 07-27-2013 at 08:33 AM.
cruiselover914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #1694
Mom on the run yyc
Earning My Ears

I'm making a list of all the great ideas - thanks for sharing!
Mom on the run yyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #1695
CdnDisLover
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellB8585 View Post

Just got off the Magic and we had chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and banana soft serve
CdnDisLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: