Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

A trip of firsts- starting with my first PTR for October 2013! (TR Link Posted 10/17)

Hello all and welcome to my first PTR!

I am a little nervous about starting one, but I am so excited for my trip and who else would understand but my fellow DISers!

So first a little background on myself! My name is Alexis I am 25 years old and work full time doing finance/HR related things for a finance recruiting website. I visited WDW twice as a child- once when I was 5 with my parents, and once for a day trip when I was 9 with my mom, grandma, and uncle.

Though I've always loved Disney and dreamt of the day I could go back, it was never in the cards! That all changed last summer when my friends and I took a trip to the west coast and incorporated a day trip to Disneyland into our itinerary.

Here I am with Minnie at California Adventure

We had a BLAST and though one day wasn't nearly enough, I was hit by the Disney bug HARD. And as I've learned, the best way to get over the post-Disney blues is to plan another trip! Therefore, I ended up planning a WDW trip for myself & DBF for January 2013. It was our first "big" vacation together and also DBF's first time on a plane! He survived haha and we both had a great time!

Here I am on that trip (In front of one of my favorite rides )

Now while planning the January trip, I already had it in my head that I REALLY wanted to go in October for MNSSHP, as well as F&W, and I REALLY wanted to go with my parents. Once I came back from the January trip, I knew I had to go back in October and didn't think I could bear to wait until 2014! So after lots of discussions with my parents, they agreed!

I hope I'll have some readers to follow along with me as I share my plans for October 2013!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Last edited by missangelalexis; 10-17-2013 at 10:45 AM.
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Chapter Links

PTR Introduction! (Posted 7/29/13)
The W's! (Posted 7/29/13)
This and That (Posted 7/31/13)
Day 1 Plans (Posted 8/2/13)
Day 2 Plans (Posted 8/7/13)
Day 3 Plans (Posted 8/14/13)
Day 4 Plans (Posted 8/27/13)
Day 5 Plans (Posted 9/3/13)
FP+ Help Needed! (Posted 9/5/13)
Day 6 Plans (Posted 9/10/13)
Pre-trip Purchases! (Posted 9/16/13)
Day 7 Plans (Posted 9/20/13)
Day 8 Plans (Posted 9/25/13)
MNSSHP Plans (Posted 9/30/13)
Final Update! (Posted 10/4/13)
I'm Back! (Posted 10/14/13)

Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

Last edited by missangelalexis; 10-14-2013 at 08:24 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

The W's!

WHO: Myself, Mom & Dad

Here we are on our last family vacation together in Mexico in 2011

I am an only child and extremely close with both my parents. They are VERY excited for this trip and I can't wait to be their Disney tour guide haha!

WHEN: October 5th-12th

8 days, 7 nights. It will be a belated birthday celebration for myself (my bday is October 3rd) and an early anniversary/belated birthday celebration for my parents (Their anniversary is October 23rd and birthdays both in September). We definitely wanted to go during MNSSHP and F&W, and this week seemed the best option, as well as the cheapest for flights.

WHERE: Pop Century!

I stayed there in January and really loved it! We don't plan on spending much time in the room and a value is what fits our budget. I think Pop is also a choice my parents would enjoy!

WHY: Is a reason necessary? HAHA! Well as I mentioned, MNSSHP is the priority for me!! Also, it's been 2 years since we've gone away together, and as I get older I'm sure we will find it harder to do so. I really want to experience Disney with them as an adult, as I know it will be a different experience than when I was a kid.

HOW: We will be flying JetBlue, a first for all of us. However, I've heard good things about them and their perks really drew me in (free snacks, free baggage, free in flight entertainment). When pricing, they also came out to be the cheapest, which was what sealed the deal

Old 07-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Can't wait to see how your plans unfold.

Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to let you know I'm here! I'll come back to say more when I'm not on my phone but I'm excited to read about your plans!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
Joining in! Can't wait to see how your plans unfold.
Thank you! So happy to have you following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Just wanted to let you know I'm here! I'll come back to say more when I'm not on my phone but I'm excited to read about your plans!
Yayyy, thanks so much for coming over!!

Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

This and That

So a majority of this trip has already been booked/purchased!

Flights are purchased.

Room is booked. I did room only and am still crossing my fingers for a possible discount. There were rumors that one was going to be released on Monday, which did not happen. But I am still hopeful that it will happen soon (The new rumor is tomorrow)! We will not be doing a dining plan. We actually aren't even doing ADR's..I know, GASP! We honestly just plan on utilizing park time by seeing/doing as much as we can. Factoring table service meals just isn't in the cards for this trip, which I am ok with. DBF & I didn't do any table service last trip, and it worked out fine for us. The only dinner TS I would've liked to do was BOG, which obviously seems impossible to get! I may try and call and see if something opens up, but if not we definitely plan on doing lunch there one day. I really only wanted to do dinner to meet the Beast

Park Tickets have been purchased through Undercover Tourist. I used them last time and was pleased with their service and discounts! They have already arrived in the mail, waiting to be put to use

The only thing left to do is purchase MNSSHP tickets (which I think I will be doing within the next week or two) and Photopass+ (which I will probably do at the end of August). This will be my first time using Photopass and I am very excited about it! Mom is a picture nut, and I know she will be taking TONS of photos herself. However, I think this will help her enjoy the experiences more than just from behind the lens. We can rely on the photographers to take group pics, and since we also plan on doing a lot of character greetings I know this will come in handy. When deciding if we should do Photopass or Photopass+, it was a no brainer to me to do the plus. For just a few extra dollars you get all your ride photos, which is awesome to me!

Just a small update. Park days/plans will be coming soon

Old 07-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along.
Thank you! Glad to have you here!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

It's so exciting that you'll get to go to Disney with your parents as an adult.

Yay Pop Century!

We love Jetblue! It's my favorite airline to fly now and they're always the cheapest for us as well which is awesome!

I hope a discount is released for you soon! I totally get not wanting to do ADRs. We only did like 2 in January and the only reason we're doing the dining plan this time is because the free dining offer is a good deal for us so we want to try it out.

We loved having PP+ in January and I'm planning on getting it for September (which reminds me-- I need to do that!) Having all the ride photos was pretty cool. Plus, I feel like having the red card makes the regular photographers take more pictures.

July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Old 07-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
It's so exciting that you'll get to go to Disney with your parents as an adult.

Yay Pop Century!

We love Jetblue! It's my favorite airline to fly now and they're always the cheapest for us as well which is awesome!

I hope a discount is released for you soon! I totally get not wanting to do ADRs. We only did like 2 in January and the only reason we're doing the dining plan this time is because the free dining offer is a good deal for us so we want to try it out.

We loved having PP+ in January and I'm planning on getting it for September (which reminds me-- I need to do that!) Having all the ride photos was pretty cool. Plus, I feel like having the red card makes the regular photographers take more pictures.
I'm glad to hear positive feedback about JetBlue, I'm pretty excited to try them out!

I totally understand taking advantage of the free dining, I probably would've considered it too if it was being offered during my dates!

And yay that's good to hear about PP+

Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Hey I will also be going during October. Our trips overlap I will be going down the 3rd until the 8th. I am really excited about MNSSHP and food and wine festival. The Disney food blog just released information and it looks like there is going to be plenty of yummy foods to try. Reading to see what you've got planned maybe some ideas.

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #13
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Hey I will also be going during October. Our trips overlap I will be going down the 3rd until the 8th. I am really excited about MNSSHP and food and wine festival. The Disney food blog just released information and it looks like there is going to be plenty of yummy foods to try. Reading to see what you've got planned maybe some ideas.
Thanks for coming by! I can't wait to look over the F&W menu more carefully; I agree there are lots of yummy foods, it's going to be tough to narrow it down and choose which ones to try! What day are you going to MNSSHP? I see you are also doing the TOT run, how exciting! Please be sure to share some of your plans with me as well!

Old 08-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #14
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Plans

Side Note: I got the room only discount applied to my reservation! 15% off, which saved us about $135! I haven't received a confirmation email yet, which makes me a little nervous, but other people have complained about the same so I'm hoping it's just because so many people were calling yesterday.

DAY 1 PLANS - OCTOBER 5TH

Our flight leaves at 11:30am and is scheduled to land a little after 2pm. Normally we would take an earlier flight, but the only other flight was at 6am. I'm very excited to get to Disney ASAP but I think that was just a tad too early. I really don't want to tire ourselves out the first day, especially when we have a BUSY trip ahead! Hopefully we won't encounter any flight delays and will have no problem hopping on the magical express! I didn't do online check-in last time, and I haven't decided if I will this time or not.

After arriving at Pop Century and checking in, we will take a peak at our room and then head to Downtown Disney! I don't want to have the pressure of rushing to a park. I think DtD is a good option because it still has that Disney feel and there is so much to check out!

We will definitely be going to World of Disney for some souvenier shopping! I also will need to make a stop at the pin store to load up on mystery pin sets, they are my addiction!! I love them because if you get something you like, you can keep it, but if you get something you're not crazy about it can go to your trade pile. At some point we also have to stop at Team Mickey to pick up our Photopass+ card.

As far as food, I'm still not sure where we will eat. Dad threw out the idea of going to Bongos, but mom wasn't sold on the idea. I suggested maybe Raglan Road, but I'm not sure. I'd be fine with doing something quick like Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck, but I also know we are going to be eating alot of quick service the rest of the trip, so it might be wise to use this time to do a sit down restaurant. Any recommendations??

Old 08-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Yay for the discount!

Good call not leaving at 6 am! We did it in January and I'm pretty sure we were running on pure adrenaline by the end of the day!

DTD is our favorite first day plan now! You still get plenty to do and see without worrying about rushing to a park! I think I'm definitely going to be looking into those mystery pin sets. I've bought some pins to start trading for the first time this September and I have a feeling it's gonna become an addiction.

Hmm I've heard nothing but great things about Raglan Road if you do decide to go that way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: