Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
new girl
Earning My Ears

First visit October 22-27...

Hi! Our family of 4 is finally hitting Disney! We are hoping to take advantage of free dining! If we get the savings, we might bump from POR to The Poly...any recommendations?? Stay at POR or switch to Poly???
new girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moved to the Resorts board.

Sent from my Nook using DISBoards.
No autocorrect- all misspellings are my own!

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by new girl View Post
Hi! Our family of 4 is finally hitting Disney! We are hoping to take advantage of free dining! If we get the savings, we might bump from POR to The Poly...any recommendations?? Stay at POR or switch to Poly???
I'd switch to the Poly. We've never stayed at POR, but we love the Poly (it's our favorite resort). Some might think it's crazy to pay rack rate at the Poly (or any deluxe) for FD, but for us it would be worth it. We've stayed at one moderate and while we loved the resort and had a great stay, once we tried a deluxe we haven't stayed anything else since. With that said, only you can decide if it's worth it to pay deluxe resort rates for FD for your family, but for us, it's well worth it for our family.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
nkereina
Wendy Darling

If you are going to switch to Poly, you would be better off utilizing a room discount than a free dining discount. I believe there was (or is going to be) a 30% off room discount in the Fall. You would save more at Poly by going this route and paying for the dining plan. Otherwise, it would make more sense financially to stay at POR with free dining. Rack rate at the deluxe resorts can be killer, and that's what you'd be paying if you took up the free dining offer at Poly.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #5
new girl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
If you are going to switch to Poly, you would be better off utilizing a room discount than a free dining discount. I believe there was (or is going to be) a 30% off room discount in the Fall. You would save more at Poly by going this route and paying for the dining plan. Otherwise, it would make more sense financially to stay at POR with free dining. Rack rate at the deluxe resorts can be killer, and that's what you'd be paying if you took up the free dining offer at Poly.
Thanks for the heads up!! I hope to take advantage of FD or RO discount! I'll play with the numbers tomorrow but I love your advice!
new girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: