Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

Best Food to Save...............

Morning

We are going to stay at the CR for 9 nights. The last 2 nights we will not have the DDP and we always have leftover cs credits.

What can I get that can be saved in our room fridge to have for breakfast for the 2 mornings left with no DP? Or that we can be able to save to eat as snacks the last 2 days??

TIA!!

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

I usually use my snack credits to get bagels, cold cereal, yogurt, pastries or fruit if I need something for breakfast the morning I leave(if it's early). I'm not sure if CR is Contemporary and if you'll have a microwave, but you can always get an adult bounty platter--put it in the fridge--and heat it up the next day. I've done that before too.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Sandwiches (I've had more than one half-a-turkey-sandwich for breakfast out of the resort room fridge).

Pastries - bring along ziplocs or tie the plastic bags tightly, and they won't even need to be in the fridge to last a couple of days.

Fruit cups.

Yogurt parfaits.

When travelling with kids, we've bought CS kids' meals with Uncrustables, which are a huge hit at breakfast too, grapes and milk - and kept them in the fridge for use the next day or two.

Snacks are almost limitless in what you can store in the room for a few days - boxed cookies, trail mix, chips, krispie treats, brownies, pastries, fruit, carrot sticks, etc, etc.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Any leftover desserts are great for breakfast!

Also, when I save sandwiches for any length of time I order them dry and remove everything from the bread before putting in fridge-small ziplocs are great for this. Then you can even run the bread through the toaster in the food court to freshen up if you want.

Any of the fruit bowls are great for leftovers-you can get them as your dessert option in the food court or with a SC.

CS leftover options-can be eaten cold-Chicken or pizza. Also you can use the microwaves in the food court to reheat leftovers. Pizza or pasta would be easy to reheat. Soups too (which you can get with a SC at most Food Courts)
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: