Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
kmb584
DIS Veteran

DD is 4 and has stayed at the GF 5 times since the age of 2. She's a 100% girly girl and calls it her "princess home", ha! You aren't going to find post after post raving about the resort as, like a PP mentioned, a lot of people feel that it's too "stuffy" for them. I personally don't hold that opinion and when I book a room or suite at the GF I know we're going to have a great vacation, resort-wise anyway!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #17
cappygirl
Mouseketeer

My DD3 loves the Grand Floridian! She calls it her castle hotel, even though she's only stayed there once. Every time we start planning a trip that's where she wants to be (me too!!)
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #18
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
DD is 4 and has stayed at the GF 5 times since the age of 2. She's a 100% girly girl and calls it her "princess home", ha! You aren't going to find post after post raving about the resort as, like a PP mentioned, a lot of people feel that it's too "stuffy" for them. I personally don't hold that opinion and when I book a room or suite at the GF I know we're going to have a great vacation, resort-wise anyway!
Our girls are very girly girl so this sounds perfect!!!
princessap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #19
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
when is your trip? if you are going anytime around Christmas, the GF is just beyond gorgeous!

we did love our little CR garden view room. we requested first floor (my third baby was only six months old and we wanted to be able to sit on the patio if he was sleeping). we had a room overlooking Bay Lake--we could walk to the beach area. we also watched the Electric Water Pageant from our patio. it is now our favorite (if all resorts cost the same) because we could walk to/from MK.

but since we have two trips coming up soon, we chose less expensive resorts. if all resorts were charged equally, we'd stay CR almost every time.

however, GF IS beautiful and elegant. the lobby area of the main building is just amazing! and even though i love CR, i still want to stay there for my 40th.
we are planning september 2014.....really leaning towards GFV if I can get it...plus by renting points it works out cheaper too!
princessap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #20
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

We stayed there when DD was 3 and again when she was 11. At 3 she loved the resort and thought it was her very special princess castle.

At 11, she still loved the place, but on that trip we were there for our vow renewal so it was a different kind of trip.

She wants to go back because she still thinks it's such a beautiful place and I have to agree. She's now 15.

I have never been one to think the GF was too stuffy. We love it and are so happy there is a DVC there! We can't wait to stay there again. FYI, my DS(10) and my DH also love the GF and think it is just a beautiful resort!

My kids have both participated in the kid activities they have there. There was a cooking class where they made cookies, and a pirate cruise, and the tea party with Alice & the Mad Hatter. We have also eaten at 1900 Park Faire and we all enjoy that dinner buffet very much. We ate there this past Xmas eve and it was magical! So was the resort during the holiday
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: