Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
andee515
Mouseketeer

Linking unactivated AP tp MDE

I bought APs and received the hard copies to turn in on the first day of our trip. Does anyone know if these can be linked to MDE? Thanks!

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
Mom-2-2Princesses
Mouseketeer

I was able to link my exchange vouchers by scanning the barcodes using the MDX app. HTH!
Mom-2-2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
cadale
Mouseketeer

Can I jump in here? I was just wondering the same thing but I don't have vouchers only the confirmation number they gave me when I purchased them. Can you link this to MDX? If so, will that mean all the tickets are in my name because there is just one confirmation number? I don't want to end up with 3 other useless passes. I wonder if you can use the same confirmation number and link it to 4 different people? Sorry, don't fully understand the linking abilities of MDX.

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
DptyDogg
Mouseketeer

Got the same question. Have 4 DVC exchange certificates that I'm going to use in november.

I'm nervous to link them as I don't want to screw them up.

To the previous poster, you need to create the other members in your travel party. Then you can link the individual tickets (I think) to different individuals.

I wish I was a few months before, or after, this fastpass+ thing. I prefer to know what to expect and let them work out the kinks. Seems like my trip may be right in the window of the switch over. If it was just a small group, no big deal, but I've got a party of 13, and for 9 of them it'll be their first trip.
DptyDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
arcurioa
Mouseketeer

I linked mine using the one confirmation number that I received and it brought up my 4 passes then I assigned then to the appropriate people in my party.
arcurioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #6
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

I tried scanning my AP exchange card/certificate and it wouldn't work....
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #7
DptyDogg
Mouseketeer

I did mine today using the barcode scanner on the mobile app.

I'll be honest, worked pretty slick. Hopefully the rest of this process works as well.

DptyDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #8
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DptyDogg View Post
I did mine today using the barcode scanner on the mobile app.

I'll be honest, worked pretty slick. Hopefully the rest of this process works as well.
was yours the green colored card that says "exchange certificate"? I keep trying and mine scans but then says "unable to activate at this time"....
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #9
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Mine were the green DVC AP vouchers and they scanned well. I agree-pretty cool. I really think MDE can be an awesome tool if they can work all the junk out of it.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:08 AM   #10
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
I really think MDE can be an awesome tool if they can work all the junk out of it.
Hopefully, not on the same repair schedule as the Expedition Everest Yeti.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:29 AM   #11
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Hopefully, not on the same repair schedule as the Expedition Everest Yeti.

the one steady thing I can count on day or night is your wit
thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
Eliza'sMom
Mouseketeer

I couldn't get mine to link, sent an email asking about it and was told that they can't be linked right now. Then I tried the barcode scanner and it worked. I haven't linked mine yet, though, because I'm afraid of screwing something up.

Our Disney trips together:
October 2005: Honeymoon at CSR December 2006: Got a pin code we couldn't resist and headed to POFQ June 2007: Big family vacation off-site December 2007: Babymoon at POFQ December 2009: Ellie's first trip, our first trip as DVC members at BWV April 2010: Mike's 30th and Ellie's 2nd birthday celebration at Pop/AKV September/October 2010: BWV for MNSSHP and Harry Potter April 2011: A week at Jambo House before Ellie turns 3 May 2012: Back to AKV for baby's 1st trip to Disney! Nov/Dec 2012: Our first Disney cruise! Plus AOA, BLT and BWV -- whew! October 2013: Fall fun at Jambo House March/April 2014: Spring break at BWV/VWL January 2015: AOA and BLT
Eliza'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza'sMom View Post
I couldn't get mine to link, sent an email asking about it and was told that they can't be linked right now. Then I tried the barcode scanner and it worked. I haven't linked mine yet, though, because I'm afraid of screwing something up.
Yeah, it depends on what CM you talk to. I spoke to two CMs who said you cannot link them, and three CMs that said you can link them, but there is no reason to until they are activated.

For the first time in a long time, I'm really disappointed in Disney Management. They should be briefing every CM with the exact same information.

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

At the risk of sounding really stupid, if we are going soon, before FP+ is up and running, is there any need to link them to MDE?
Old 07-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
Mom-2-2Princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
At the risk of sounding really stupid, if we are going soon, before FP+ is up and running, is there any need to link them to MDE?
Probably not. I linked my DVC AP exchange vouchers because I am part of the FP+/MagicBand testing happening in August, and I needed the vouchers linked in order to be able to make the FP+ reservations. But for that, I would not have linked anything.
Mom-2-2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: