Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #32
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy4Lizzy View Post
I was on the April Hawaii cruise.
I thought that Disney choose ports very poorly. Every excursion had long bus rides, we were on the wrong side to see the lava flows, and we went to Hilo with the highest rainfall in the United States. I would have liked to stay later in the ports and not go to Oaho on Sunday. The biggest tourist place is closed on Sundays. ( Polynesian Culture Center)
The crossing weather was not good, very cold. One nice day to use the pools just before we got to Hawaii. The pool water was all over the decks.
I was seasick more days than not. I had never been seasick until this trip. I love Hawaii but never that way again.
The late dining had a rotation that was empty. That affected the tips for alot of crew mwmbers.
I don't think Disney will ever do Hawaii as a 14 or 15 day cruise again. If they do get some new ships, maybe they could station one in Hawaii for the non Alaska time and then not have to use the Canal for that ship at all. I heard a rumor that they may build some ships smaller than Dream and Fanatsy but bigger than the classics.
I am not complaining about the CM at all. They were so kind to everyone, they worked very hard and really earned the pay for those 2 weeks. The food (when I could eat) was very good. I really enjoyed the entertainment.
Thanks for listening to me.
Sorry, but DCL isn't allowed to do that because they're registered in the Bahamas. To sail exclusively around the Hawaiian islands without visiting a distant foreign port, the ship would have to be built and registered in the U.S. Part of the NCL-Hawaii ship was built overseas and it took an act of Congress to allow them to sail around the islands exclusively.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: