Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Son of Gadsden
Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

New to Dining plan, and a bit nervous to try it

My parents got the dining plan when we went when I was a child, but I, myself have never tried one. DW and I go to Disney every 6 months or so (no kids), and we normally prefer to just take some cheaper food choices to save money for other things (Cassies, Cosmic Ray's, other quick service dining areas).

However, this time, we got a free dining pin. We are going Nov 30- December 7th or 8th.

Since it seems to be timing right, this time I was going to wait on the room discount, but with the pin, we decided to stay at All Star Music (Pop Century if I can catch a cancellation), rather than our preferred AoA LM room.

By my math, staying at such a low budget resort, the Quick Service Dining Plan being free should be a much more significant value than a 25% room discount.

Which leads me to my questions. I noticed the dining plan does not include 3 meals, just 2 and a snack. As I said before, we normally just do quick service anyway, and we do get breakfast 3 or 4 times on most vacations. DW also really wants to try the character breakfast at Park Fare, and we have reservations for 10:40 our first day for that. So I got to thinking, after paying for that, plus breakfast 4 times, I've pretty much paid for the upgrade to the regular dining plan, havent I? Do you think it would be worth it for us to just upgrade? Seems it should be about $150 for each of us.

A major part of it has to do with this question: I see the regular still only allows for 2 meals. Is a Table Service credit equal to a quick service credit? As in, can a table service credit be exchanged for two quick service credits?

Also, could one of us get the quick service dining plan and only one of us upgrade to Regular? Or would both have to?

Poly- '92, '94,'98, '00, '11, '12,
POR- 10'
AoA- April '13, Dec '13
Pop- Dec '13, Apr '14
CSR- '13
Son of Gadsden is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: