Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

Wwyd....why is choosing resort so hard?

wow

Last edited by princessap; 07-29-2013 at 07:19 AM. Reason: cranky people on the boards this morning :(
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Am now debating between GFV and CR garden wing. We would likely get a studio versus a garden wing room.

Three princesses under the age of 7, what would everyone suggest??

Never thought I would be interested in the Gf but it looks very beautiful and the pools look awesome compared to the CR pool. I like the proximity to the MK from the cR better so might consider split stay but not sure at this point.

Can anyone offer me advice?? we have only stayed onsite two nights and it was at the poly and we loved it!!! but we want to try something new!
Didn't we already have this discussion in:

This thread

This thread

This thread

or

This thread?
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

This thread

This thread

This thread

or

This thread?

Yep I was there!
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #4
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

This thread

This thread

This thread

or

This thread?
wow...
Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
wow...
Honestly pick one this time and go to the other next time. It's DISNEY, you can't go wrong

I have a hard time deciding too! So I just go more than once each year
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Honestly pick one this time and go to the other next time. It's DISNEY, you can't go wrong

I have a hard time deciding too! So I just go more than once each year
i wish I could but that isn't an option and this trip will be our last disney trip for a long time according to DH
So i want it to be amazing!!!

I am trying to decide if a studio at grand floridian will be okay for us or if we should do a garden wing room at CR or try both!!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap

i wish I could but that isn't an option and this trip will be our last disney trip for a long time according to DH

I am trying to decide if a studio at grand floridian will be okay for us or if we should do a garden wing room at CR or try both!!
How long is your trip? You could do a split stay between a studio at GF and a garden wing room at CR. If those are the 2 resorts you have it narrowed down to, try to look at the pro's and con's of each resort and go from there.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
DznyCrzy11

Quote:

Ok, I went back and did a quick skim of the other 4 threads. From what you've posted, if I were you, I would stay at in the villas at GF. I would skip the split stay with Poly. You are planning Sept 2014, that is when construction on the GCH and volcano pool will be going on. The garden wing at the CR does not seem as exciting as the villas at GF. If you stay at GF, when you get on the monorail, the next stop is MK. In the evening you can take the boat from MK to GF, which is a nice, relaxing ride, and the 1st stop is GF.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Ok, I went back and did a quick skim of the other 4 threads. From what you've posted, if I were you, I would stay at in the villas at GF. I would skip the split stay with Poly. You are planning Sept 2014, that is when construction on the GCH and volcano pool will be going on. The garden wing at the CR does not seem as exciting as the villas at GF. If you stay at GF, when you get on the monorail, the next stop is MK. In the evening you can take the boat from MK to GF, which is a nice, relaxing ride, and the 1st stop is GF.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Thanks! this is exactly the info I am looking for....the pros I had for CR were access to MK for MNSSHP, california grill and watching wishes from the tower, and access to MK to access buses to other resorts for dining.

pros for GF...new villa, access to MK is good by monorail, dining options, spa, splash pad and pool is zero entry which CR isn't....

anything else that would sway you one way or the other??
Old 07-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
DisneyBliss7
''Wish upon a star''

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post

Sent from my Galaxy SII
I completeley agree I would stay in the villa at GF...I think it's beautiful and the location is perfect. Then with the construction at the other places, GF would defiantly be my pick! Have a great trip

DD-13 DD-10 DS-7 DS-7 DS-3 DH- ME-
DisneyBliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
DznyCrzy11

Quote:

Thanks! this is exactly the info I am looking for....the pros I had for CR were access to MK for MNSSHP, california grill and watching wishes from the tower, and access to MK to access buses to other resorts for dining.

pros for GF...new villa, access to MK is good by monorail, dining options, spa, splash pad and pool is zero entry which CR isn't....

anything else that would sway you one way or the other??
That is a difficult decision but I would still go with GF. As far as being able to walk from CR to MK to catch another resort bus, you might find that it takes about the same time on the monorail from GF to MK and then walk down to the bus stop. The garden wing building at CR is the furthest building at CR from MK. I know me personally, I would only stay at CR if I could stay in the tower. The garden wing reminds me of a typical motel.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: