Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #16
jbuey22
Mouseketeer

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cka View Post
Hi everyone! The discount on the DDP is a little confusing to me. My friend graciously booked our stay for us in October with her 40% friends and family discount. She said she may be able to get us the DDP at a discount but wouldn't know until closer towards the trip? Few questions...
1. Can I call and inquire on this discount? She has done so much for us I dont want to bug her anymore than needed.
2. What kind of discount would the DDP be?
Thanks everyone!

I had a cast member book us a room at a 40% friends and family discount for Early august.

A week or so ago I personally called to inquire about the DDP and If i could get a friends and family discount.

The cast member that I spoke with not only gave me a friends and family discount on the DDP but she also increased our room discount to 50%. So we added the DDP for 9 nights for 1440$ That came out to 40 a day per person, there are 4 of us. Now that is not accurate. the DDP discount is about $10 per day per person off of the standard rate. BUT the extra 10% we got credited (Since we already paid for the room in full) plus the DDP Friends discount, gave us a balance of $1440 that we owed to ADD the DDP.

So the way I see it i paid 40$ a day for the DDP and got a 40% discount on the room.

BUT basically the Friends and Family for the DDP is a discount of $10 per person per day and YES you can book it or Add it to an existing friends and family reservation.

did it last week

1989 The Disney Inn (Honeymoon) SOG was once owed by Disney Hence the Disney Inn
2000 AllStar Sports kids 8 & 5
2002 AllStar Music kids 10 & 7
2003 AllStar Movies Kids 11 & 8
2006 Port Orleans Fench Quarter kids 14 & 11
2007 Port Orleans Riverside Kids 15 & 12
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kids 16 & 13
2011 Coronado Springs Kids 19 & 16
and coming August...
2013 Carribean Beach Kids 21 & 18
jbuey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #17
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuey22 View Post
I had a cast member book us a room at a 40% friends and family discount for Early august.

A week or so ago I personally called to inquire about the DDP and If i could get a friends and family discount.

The cast member that I spoke with not only gave me a friends and family discount on the DDP but she also increased our room discount to 50%. So we added the DDP for 9 nights for 1440$ That came out to 40 a day per person, there are 4 of us. Now that is not accurate. the DDP discount is about $10 per day per person off of the standard rate. BUT the extra 10% we got credited (Since we already paid for the room in full) plus the DDP Friends discount, gave us a balance of $1440 that we owed to ADD the DDP.

So the way I see it i paid 40$ a day for the DDP and got a 40% discount on the room.

BUT basically the Friends and Family for the DDP is a discount of $10 per person per day and YES you can book it or Add it to an existing friends and family reservation.

did it last week
Yes, you received 50% off the cost of the room and 15% off rack rate of the DDP.
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #18
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

This is good to know... I think I will call tomorrow and see if I can add it !!
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95
Disney Villas-'83-'84, Hotel Plaza 1979

MrsJ Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #19
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJ Henry View Post
This is good to know... I think I will call tomorrow and see if I can add it !!
Discounted plan through Aug 15.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

I called today and the cast member told me that the dining plan was not released yet for November but it will be mid August. I can call myself and get it .
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95

Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #21
lovemickey1976
Earning My Ears

Question on the CM discount :)

I am very new to this. I have a friend that works there, and she did tell me that she could get us 40% off the room. Would I have to pay all at once, or can I do payments? I'm not going til Feb, and normally I make payments and have it paid in full before I go.

Also, How do the tickets work? Would I still be able to upgrade to a package? I'm looking to go Feb 2-9th.. and I would like 6 day tickets included, but she told me she could only get a discount on the room only. I was hoping for free dining plan, but even if I have to pay for it I'm fine with that, just so confused on how this all works. Not sure If I have to pay for everything separate or if it has to be paid off all at once. Thanks so much for any help on this
Old 07-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #22
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemickey1976 View Post
I am very new to this. I have a friend that works there, and she did tell me that she could get us 40% off the room. Would I have to pay all at once, or can I do payments? I'm not going til Feb, and normally I make payments and have it paid in full before I go.

Also, How do the tickets work? Would I still be able to upgrade to a package? I'm looking to go Feb 2-9th.. and I would like 6 day tickets included, but she told me she could only get a discount on the room only. I was hoping for free dining plan, but even if I have to pay for it I'm fine with that, just so confused on how this all works. Not sure If I have to pay for everything separate or if it has to be paid off all at once. Thanks so much for any help on this
You would need to get tickets on your own.

You can't get free dining as free dining requires you to have a package and pay ram rate in the room.

Your option is to get the 40% room discount and a full price dining plan. As the dates get closer it is possible Disney will offer a Friends and Family 50% room discount with a discounted dining plan.

You will go by the room only policies whether you add the dining plan or not. You'll put down a deposit of 1 night room stay and the balance will be do at check in. You can make payments as often and in whatever amount you like.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
lovemickey1976
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for your help and Info on this, very much appreciated
Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #24
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

The Cast member I talked to told me that the discounted meal plan will be offered for friends and family mid August.
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95

Old 08-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #25
moralesdavis
Earning My Ears

We are using a CM discount for 10/14-10/19 at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I was able to add a dining plan myself, a day or two after my friend booked the reservation for us. I was told it was full price. I was fine with that because the 40% discount is certainly significant.

A few weeks ago I was updating our "My Disney Experience" and wasn't clear on the price we would be paying for the DDP so I called in for clarification. The CSR told me to call back after August 18th to see what discounts were being offered as all that she could see in the system ended August 17th. She mentioned a 50% then another 10%. She didn't specify what those amounts would be applied to though.

Of course the day has gotten away from me today and they have just closed. Hopefully I will get some good news tomorrow!!!

Last edited by moralesdavis; 08-18-2013 at 10:21 PM.
moralesdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #26
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralesdavis View Post
We are using a CM discount for 10/14-10/19 at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I was able to add a dining plan myself, a day or two after my friend booked the reservation for us. I was told it was full price. I was fine with that because the 40% discount is certainly significant.

A few weeks ago I was updating our "My Disney Experience" and wasn't clear on the price we would be paying for the DDP so I called in for clarification. The CSR told me to call back after August 18th to see what discounts were being offered as all that she could see in the system ended August 17th. She mentioned a 50% then another 10%. She didn't specify what those amounts would be applied to though.

Of course the day has gotten away from me today and they have just closed. Hopefully I will get some good news tomorrow!!!
For F&F you would get the 50% but only the discounted QSDP is being offered with it. If you want the regular DDP you would have to keep the 40% discount with the full priced DDP. It can't be mixed and matched. Your other option would be to do the 50% room discount and no DDP at all, just pay OOP.

If you stick with the 40% and DDP you can find the price of the DDP in the sticky at the top of this forum.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
For F&F you would get the 50% but only the discounted QSDP is being offered with it. If you want the regular DDP you would have to keep the 40% discount with the full priced DDP. It can't be mixed and matched. Your other option would be to do the 50% room discount and no DDP at all, just pay OOP.

If you stick with the 40% and DDP you can find the price of the DDP in the sticky at the top of this forum.
Thank You very much.
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95

Old 08-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

I called and was told that this discount is through October 26th so there is a chance that DDP will be discounted after that.
Now I'm doing the math to see which will be a better deal in case the DDP does not end up being discounted.
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95

Old 10-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #29
godiva99
Mouseketeer

Wondering what deal MrsHenry ended up with regarding the DDP :-)

Hope you had a wonderful trip!

Last edited by godiva99; 10-01-2013 at 08:32 PM.
godiva99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #30
MrsJ Henry
DIS Veteran

Right now we still have the 40% off room and a regular dining plan attached to it. I was told when I called to call back October 26th because there was a good chance that the new "deal" would come out and the meal plan would be discounted. We shall see.
We leave November 18th
Off Site- in '93-'94-'95

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: