Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #406
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran
 
twopeasonepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Here is a pic I took from the Outlook.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO! (oh wait I'll be on the best vacation seeing amazing things with no contact with the real world -- I'm good!)
__________________
Having twins warrants many vacations!


twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #407
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran
 
twopeasonepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
Hi twopeasonepod If you have already booked your room for the day before could you [lease send me the location and the chain so I can look into it? Thanks
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Florida.html

I picked this hotel because it has a free shuttle that doesn't have a time schedule (forget which other one did, but it was only on the "o'clock" and if you missed it, you had to wait a whole hour). I also wanted a pool, fitness center, and prefer the layout of these rooms. There is a ridiculous deal on the rooms right now. I had originally booked two rooms at $398 and rebooked for $247 just last week. The same prices I paid are up now. Only problem is that you have to prepay. I guess I'm locked in now!
__________________
Having twins warrants many vacations!


twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #408
jrp
DVC Since 2001* WL*F.I.F.L To Go Where No MOuse Has Gone Before!
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Flower Mound,Texas
Posts: 652

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...e_Florida.html

I picked this hotel because it has a free shuttle that doesn't have a time schedule (forget which other one did, but it was only on the "o'clock" and if you missed it, you had to wait a whole hour). I also wanted a pool, fitness center, and prefer the layout of these rooms. There is a ridiculous deal on the rooms right now. I had originally booked two rooms at $398 and rebooked for $247 just last week. The same prices I paid are up now. Only problem is that you have to prepay. I guess I'm locked in now!
Hi twopeasonepod thanks for the info. You might want to sit down as it it is now 165 for the same package. I am not booking just yet, but I am going to save the info so I can use it later as I am going to join the club and hope for more discount? Have a great day. It won't be long now
__________________
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:22 AM   #409
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran
 
twopeasonepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
Hi twopeasonepod thanks for the info. You might want to sit down as it it is now 165 for the same package. I am not booking just yet, but I am going to save the info so I can use it later as I am going to join the club and hope for more discount? Have a great day. It won't be long now
Where are you seeing that price? I just tried to reserve again and got the same price. $246 actually is what I paid. Two rooms -- 4 adults, 2 kids.
__________________
Having twins warrants many vacations!


twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #410
jrp
DVC Since 2001* WL*F.I.F.L To Go Where No MOuse Has Gone Before!
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Flower Mound,Texas
Posts: 652

Talking room

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod 1: View Post
Where are you seeing that price? I just tried to reserve again and got the same price. $246 actually is what I paid. Two rooms -- 4 adults, 2 kids.
Hi twopeasonepod You are right on the money. Your rate was much better than what I got. I booked today for the room/cruise and it was 155.00 but on the other hand I got it done I tried to book the Coronado and will have to wait till Feb to book if I use my DVC points. All is well though and again I want to Thank You for the info. To everyone on the DIS have a great day.
__________________
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #411
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!
 
Brixton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 176

We stayed at Doubletree Grand Biscayne this year, at $135.20/night. It was $20 from hotel to port, with tips. Hilton is offering the same rate next year. There is a Hampton Inn at FLL that's a bit less, and includes breakfast.

I am jealous of the FL residents! Not only are they offered special DCL rates, they have fewer logistical issues
__________________

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #412
Brixton
Farms and Kids and Snow - Oh My!
 
Brixton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
For a 15 night cruise, I would definitely go with a veranda! We were very fortunate to cruise in the Roy suite on our PC cruise last Dec. Of course anything I chose for this PC cruise will pale in comparison!

We had absolutely perfectly warm weather the whole 2 weeks last December. I know May normally brings more rain. How much rain are we looking at?
The rain was quite refreshing, IMO. It was too hot, for me, two days of the fifteen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan1701 View Post
Here is a pic I took from the Outlook.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
The Mother's Day Downpour, which we experienced at Palo. Your PC photos are better than ours.
__________________

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #413
aan1701
DIS Veteran
 
aan1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post

The rain was quite refreshing, IMO. It was too hot, for me, two days of the fifteen.

The Mother's Day Downpour, which we experienced at Palo. Your PC photos are better than ours.
I agree. Normally, like Jimmy said, the rain makes it more unbearable but in this case it help. Thank you for the compliment of my photos. I just point and shoot. I guess I got lucky a few times.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
__________________
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #414
beaglefan
TX Cruiser
 
beaglefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 153

I am so impressed how folks are on top of their travel plans so early. You are putting me to shame!

I have been doing some travel for business and accumulated a free night certificate at a Marriott hotel.

I decided to book the Courtyard Marriott Downtown, as it seems to be in a good location, and only 2 miles away from the port. They have a cruise package that includes breakfast and transportation to the port.

Next step, flights -- I will try to get on that this weekend.

Thanks for the motivation!
__________________


beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:53 AM   #415
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer
 
granmaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: N Yorkshire UK
Posts: 18,718

Good morning. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

I haven't really begun thinking about travel plans for this cruise yet. All we know is that we want some days before and some weeks after!!! Once we actually book our flights I can start on all the planning.

We are planning our October trip at the moment and have to make a decision soon about how to get home after the Westbound Transatlantic part. Either spend an extra week in Florida and fly home, or get up to NY and cruise home on the QM2 at slightly greater expense but enjoy another week of vacation at sea. Nice problem but a problem none the less.
__________________
Marilyn
Founding member of the Champagne Girls and the Geezer and GIT group.


Last edited by granmaz; 07-28-2013 at 05:32 AM.
granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #416
MommyTo5
DIS Veteran
 
MommyTo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Right behind the Magic Kingdom!
Posts: 1,189

Hi All!

We just returned from amazing Toronto/Niagara Falls, so it's time to start the cruise & wedding planning!!!

We are hoping to fly SWA and although their schedule doesn't extend to May yet, I did go ahead and book a hotel near FLL for our pre-cruise stay. I made sure to book a reservation that we could easily cancel with no penalties, if needed, in case we decide to use another airline and fly into Miami instead.

We went with the Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites. The hotel looks nice, the Trip Advisor reviews seem to be fairly positive & I think it would be tough to beat this deal for a hotel with a free full breakfast, microwave/refrigerator and wifi - just $89.90 including taxes & fees. I obtained this great rate by joining the Best Western Rewards program and booking direct thru their website.

We're planning on using SAS Transport to port the morning of the cruise... just $15 per person!

~ Angie
__________________
~ Angie

WDW 3/1978, 3/1984, 1/2001, 2/2002, 9/2002, 1/2003, 2/2004, 2/2006, 2/2007, 1/2008, 10/2009 DLR 6/2010
DCL {MAGIC} Western Caribbean 1/2005, 11/2008, 10/2009 Eastern Caribbean 10/2010
DCL {WONDER} Hawaii 10/2012 Western Caribbean 11/2013 Panama Canal 5/2014
MommyTo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #417
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran
 
twopeasonepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Good morning. I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

I haven't really begun thinking about travel plans for this cruise yet. All we know is that we want some days before and some weeks after!!! Once we actually book our flights I can start on all the planning.

We are planning our October trip at the moment and have to make a decision soon about how to get home after the Westbound Transatlantic part. Either spend an extra week in Florida and fly home, or get up to NY and cruise home on the QM2 at slightly greater expense but enjoy another week of vacation at sea. Nice problem but a problem none the less.
Hi Marilyn,

We bought our fares early for the great deal, plus we have to get home ASAP because the boys are still in school and they miss so much that we wanted to get them back for the last two weeks. You have plenty of time!

For the WBTA, we are waiting for the 330 day mark to book the flight using miles from HNL to BCN, then I'll use miles again for my parents to come home. DH, the boys, and I will be paying to fly to DC for about 4-5 days to meet my other parents, who will be there for my mom's reunion, then home. Missing more school again haha. I thought going to DC was a nice change from WDW. Plus, the boys haven't been there yet! NYC sounds awesome, though!!!
__________________
Having twins warrants many vacations!


twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #418
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran
 
twopeasonepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyTo5 View Post
Hi All!

We just returned from amazing Toronto/Niagara Falls, so it's time to start the cruise & wedding planning!!!

We are hoping to fly SWA and although their schedule doesn't extend to May yet, I did go ahead and book a hotel near FLL for our pre-cruise stay. I made sure to book a reservation that we could easily cancel with no penalties, if needed, in case we decide to use another airline and fly into Miami instead.

We went with the Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites. The hotel looks nice, the Trip Advisor reviews seem to be fairly positive & I think it would be tough to beat this deal for a hotel with a free full breakfast, microwave/refrigerator and wifi - just $89.90 including taxes & fees. I obtained this great rate by joining the Best Western Rewards program and booking direct thru their website.

We're planning on using SAS Transport to port the morning of the cruise... just $15 per person!

~ Angie
Great deal! Our package has breakfast, too, but is more than $90! So excited for you to celebrate your special day!!!
__________________
Having twins warrants many vacations!


twopeasonepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #419
Old as Disneyland
Earning My Ears
 
Old as Disneyland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: El Cajon CA
Posts: 2

We just booked this cruise and are especially looking forward to the days at sea. It's our first time on a Disney cruise!

Teresa & Woody
Old as Disneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #420
jrp
DVC Since 2001* WL*F.I.F.L To Go Where No MOuse Has Gone Before!
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Flower Mound,Texas
Posts: 652

Hi

Hi All Just wanted to check in to the board. I went with the Holiday inn, as it has the shuttleto and from and breakfast too. Cool for the BW members and I hope to see all at a meet and greet on board the WONDER.
__________________

Last edited by jrp; 07-30-2013 at 05:15 PM.
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: