Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
acamechis
Mouseketeer

Palo reservation question

I am currently booking my reservations online now that my booking date is open. I am trying I reserve palo on two different nights but at the same time and disney keeps giving me a booking conflict message because I already have one scheduled. Can you only prebook one palo reservation at a time?
Old 07-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
SILLYANDI
DIS Veteran

yes
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
redmomof4
I love TIM without a hat!

Yes only one of each sitting (brunch and dinner), so u could eat there twice still, just not at night both times
'85 offsite; '99 4n Wonder + 3n offsite; '05 3n Wonder + 5n POP; '07 6n POP + 4n Wonder; '09 Magic 7n Eastern; '11 6n Caribe Royale Villas;
6/13 WDW with 15 family members 8/13 3n Dream just me and Hubby
11/29/2013 5n Western out of Miami on the Magic!
redmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
Asnell
Mouseketeer

Once you are onboard, you can add another reservation.
Asnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
acamechis
Mouseketeer

Ok thank you! Second question! My friends are not able to book until the 12. If they can get the same time can I call palo while on the ship ad see of they can add them to our reservation?
Old 07-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamechis View Post
Ok thank you! Second question! My friends are not able to book until the 12. If they can get the same time can I call palo while on the ship and see of they can add them to our reservation?
Yes. All the tables seat at least 4 people.

If your friends can't book the reservations online for the same time, have them book whatever is available -- it's easier to change a reservation than add one.

As soon as you board the ship, find out where dining changes are being made (it's listed in the Navigator, or ask a cast member) and go add their reservation to yours.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #7
over50visits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamechis View Post
Ok thank you! Second question! My friends are not able to book until the 12. If they can get the same time can I call palo while on the ship ad see of they can add them to our reservation?
As in you would like to sit together? You bet...best to go to the reservation desk (rather than call) when you first embark (check the Navigator for the location), and just tell them what you want. They are nice and accommodating people.
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #8
TwinMom202
Earning My Cruise Ears

Question? Is Palo and Remy on the Fantasy worth the extra cost?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #9
klineyqueen
I live in the country where nothing much happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMom202 View Post
Many people say yes absolutely. I am an outlier and can go either way. My husband says absolutely not but he will go if I want to go. Yes you get a nice break from children, but you can get other breaks from children that are free. That decision is entirely personal.

I was going to book a Palo Brunch then decided not to spend the $40 for 2 peeps plus a $20 tip for a lunch/brunch. We decided we will take the kids to the club and go to the sit down restaurant for lunch and just have a free relaxing lunch.

I am sure there are many people who will disagree with me, but it really is a personal decision.

Although, I did a brunch with a Dis group a few years back and that was amazing....more the friends than the food....again that is just me.

1991 - offsite w/ parents 1991 - offsite w/ band 1995 - ASMu 2002 - Caribbean Beach and 3 day Wonder 1/17/04 - Western Cruise-Magic 12/04 - Christmas in Disney8/05 - Pop Century 12/06- Double Dip Magic Cruise w/ POP & ASMu 6/07- Celebrated Mom's 50th Birthday - ASMo Trip for Free Meal Plan 8/07 - POP 6/09 - 12 days at POP8/12 Pop11/13 Fantastic Fantasy
klineyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMom202 View Post
As the pp mentioned, it is a personal decision. We've done both and highly recommend either or both. Palo's menu is based on northern Italian cuisine, and the entire menu is full of wonderful selections while the service is exemplary. I am partial to the lamb osso buco, though their pasta selections are topnotch, as well. As for dessert, their chocolate soufflé is not to be missed. Remy is even better, offering upscale dining options with faultless service. Their menu was designed by two Michelin star-rated chefs, and if you're a wine enthusiast, you'll love their wine list. Both restaurants are romantic and both offer tremendous food; in Remy, however, you will feel pampered. Remy is most reminiscent of Victoria & Albert's, but at Remy you pay only a fraction of the cost you would at V & A's.

Bottom line: We do both on our cruises, but if we had to choose just one, it would be Remy hands down.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

People will have different opinions. We have done them all, Palo Dinner & brunch, Remy Lunch & Dinner, and for us they are worth every penny. We've always loved dining at Palo, however Remy takes it to a whole new level. Think Victoria & Albert's dining. We try to do at least 1 dinner & 1 brunch when we sail. In June we did a Palo dinner & a Remy lunch. For us dining at these restaurants are on the top of our list when we sail with Disney.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #12
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Yes. All the tables seat at least 4 people..
Depends on the ship. On the Wonder there are several 2-tops.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #13
Asnell
Mouseketeer

"Worth it" probably depends a lot on how much of a foodie you are. While Disney is known to excel in service, family amenities, and a number of other areas, their food is what a more adventurous adult palate might call unexceptional. Fine, often even very good, but for the most part not memorable.

If having a memorable food experience is something you want, then, yes, absolutely include Palo or Remy as part of your cruise.

If you've never eaten at a Michelin-starred restaurant, never sought out a particular chef, never done a tasting menu or drooled over a particularly exciting preparation on a food show, you may be someone who will not "miss out" on anything by skipping Palo and Remy.
Asnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #14
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

I got to dine at Palo and Remy and I enjoyed both. However I loved Remy more. I'm hoping to take another cruise on the fantasy and will reserve Remy and skip Palo dinner but will do the brunch. I loved the meal. When I dined in September 2012 at Remy at the end of the meal I received a box of handmade chocolates and a rose. I think the $75.00 was worth it. Also there is a chair for your evening bag. It was truly an outstandingly experience.
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996. Upcomming WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest.
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

We are in the camp the Palo Brunch is a "MUST DO"

Palo dinner - it just depends on if we want to or not - cruise by cruise decision.

Have only been on the Fantasy once and Dream once and chose not to do Remy for dinner - the menu looks to be "beyond us"

Didn't know that they did Brunch at Remy's - might have to give that a try next time we sail a new ship.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: