Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 01:29 AM   #301
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82 View Post
Good!

One of their coupons they say is at capacity is one of the Visa ones I got ON THEIR WEBSITE! They provided it and said here, this will save you an extra $15 off your rental....wait, no...you don't get that one, sorry, our bad. What? How does that work? That is like Walmart giving you a coupon as you walk in the door to use, then at the register saying no, we have decided we gave too many out.
No, it is not like walmart giving you a coupon. These coupons are capacity controlled. And, if you read the terms and conditions of these coupons, you would see verbage like this. I just grabbed a coupon offer for illustration. "This offer is available for the rental of an Economy car or higher at participating Alamo locations in the US and Canada; not valid in Manhattan, NY. Valid for rentals July 27 through September 8, 2013. Minimum three-day rental required, with a five-day maximum. Rental must include a Saturday overnight stay. Offer cannot be combined with another and standard rental qualifications apply. Drivers under age 25 may have to pay higher rates. The dollars-off amount is prorated against the base rate for the length of your rental. Here are some things that might cost you extra: taxes, government charges of up to 23%, recoupment fees of up to $2 per day or $3 per rental, airport fees of up to $6 per day or $19 per rental, refueling, additional driver fees, one-way rental charges, and optional items (e.g., CDW Waiver Savers up to $30 per day). Check your insurance policy and/or credit card for rental vehicle coverage. Availability is limited. This offer may change without notice. And, unfortunately, blackout dates may apply. Offer void where prohibited."
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #302
spacemountain1971
Earning My Ears

My only point about coupons with Alamo is that these capacity codes are new in my experience. I have used coupons in December, June and September for the past several years with no difficulty. This year there is not a single week in September that I can find that will allow me to use either Alamo's internal coupons (Insiders) or the recently released VISA coupon for that time period.

And yes September is seeing an increase in activity in Orlando but I would say that it is still lower capacity than summer. The Unofficial Guide to Disneyworld would agree with me.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #303
Gruff320
Mouseketeer

I just tried Alamo again with the Visa coupon and Southwest code and had no errors. It went to the second page that lists all the car categories and prices. No errors and I figured out why: I'm booking a rental from the Disney Car Care Center. I tried to see if I could book a car from MCO with the codes and I received the Capacity Check error. So the coupon is still available at other locations, just not at the Orlando Airport.

Gruff320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #304
K9pal
Just call me Miss Patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff320 View Post
I just tried Alamo again with the Visa coupon and Southwest code and had no errors. It went to the second page that lists all the car categories and prices. No errors and I figured out why: I'm booking a rental from the Disney Car Care Center. I tried to see if I could book a car from MCO with the codes and I received the Capacity Check error. So the coupon is still available at other locations, just not at the Orlando Airport.
Interesting. I can't help but think Alamo monitors these boards and is well aware of how we share info, and maybe trying to crack down on it. Lots of changes in the past year, none of them good for customers IMHO.

BLT 5/14 w/grandkids!
SSR 12/13
BLT 5/13
BLT 6/12 w/grandkids!
BLT 5/11
BLT 5/10
SSR & BCV 9-10/09
SSR 12/08
BCV & SSR 9/08
SSR 12/07
VWL 6/07 w/ grandkids!
SSR 9/06
SSR & BCV 10/05
SSR & BWV 9/04
BC 9/03
Swan 9/01
DxL 12/00
WL 9/99
CBR 9/93

offsite 1986
offsite 1985 (some flea bag hotel)
K9pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #305
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
OK, now I am confused. For the last couple of weeks when I enter the AD2338FDF coupon I've gotten the Capacity reached message. However, back on July 2nd, I was able to combine that coupon with the Costco ID and got a nine day ressie for a Standard for $174.66. For some reason they never sent it to my email, but I was able to pull it up online on the Alamo site and print it. I then tried to email it to myself, but for some strange reason still couldn't get it to go through to my email. I do still have the print out I did from the Alamo site though. I just now went to the Alamo site to look at it again under my account, upcoming reservations and it won't pull up. Instead, I'm getting a message there that the capacity for the coupon is reached and is now unavailable. Will Alamo honor the print out I have, even though I can't pull it up now on their site?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Aubriee, I really in all honesty cannot answer that question. I hate to make it seem like I am dusting you off, but, you really need to call Alamo. Please, let me know the outcome of this.
OK, I just called Alamo. The rep was able to look up my reservation and even quoted me the right price. However, she also said that when she looked on the site that we see, that she got the same coupon is unavailable screen and it won't let her look at the reservation there either. She tried twice to email it to me from the first page she was looking at, but couldn't get it to go through to either of my emails. She told me it would probably be honored though, since I had the Alamo print out, that I printed the day I made the reservation. What the heck? I don't want a probably. I want to know the price they quoted me back on July 2nd will be the price I pay in Sept. It looks like if I have the original print out, my Costco card, and pay with a Visa that they would have to honor the price. Since they can't seem to email me the confirmation and I can't pull up the reservation on their site anymore, even though the confirmation number shows up under upcoming reservations, I am sure glad I printed off the confirmation from the Alamo site, as soon as I booked it earlier this month. I sure wish Alamo would get the kinks worked out of their site. I hate their new website.

Oh one other strange thing she said: she said she saw whereI booked through the Costco website. No I booked through the Alamo site using my Costco ID and a Visa coupon.

Last edited by aubriee; 07-27-2013 at 11:43 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #306
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, I just called Alamo. The rep was able to look up my reservation and even quoted me the right price. However, she also said that when she looked on the site that we see, that she got the same coupon is unavailable screen and it won't let her look at the reservation there either. She tried twice to email it to me from the first page she was looking at, but couldn't get it to go through to either of my emails. She told me it would probably be honored though, since I had the Alamo print out, that I printed the day I made the reservation. What the heck? I don't want a probably. I want to know the price they quoted me back on July 2nd will be the price I pay in Sept. It looks like if I have the original print out, my Costco card, and pay with a Visa that they would have to honor the price. Since they can't seem to email me the confirmation and I can't pull up the reservation on their site anymore, even though the confirmation number shows up under upcoming reservations, I am sure glad I printed off the confirmation from the Alamo site, as soon as I booked it earlier this month. I sure wish Alamo would get the kinks worked out of their site. I hate their new website.

Oh one other strange thing she said: she said she saw whereI booked through the Costco website. No I booked through the Alamo site using my Costco ID and a Visa coupon.

I think everyone does! If you don't have a problem with Dollar, check their website. Last night, that had great pricing by just using City Specials. I really liked Alamo, but have given up. We are trying to secure two completely different reservations and each time we have to clear all cookies and history in order to proceed.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #307
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemountain1971 View Post
My only point about coupons with Alamo is that these capacity codes are new in my experience. I have used coupons in December, June and September for the past several years with no difficulty. This year there is not a single week in September that I can find that will allow me to use either Alamo's internal coupons (Insiders) or the recently released VISA coupon for that time period.

And yes September is seeing an increase in activity in Orlando but I would say that it is still lower capacity than summer. The Unofficial Guide to Disneyworld would agree with me.
And, having worked at MCO for National/Alamo, I would, respectfully, disagree with the Unofficial guide. Yes, it is lower capacity, but, not that much lower.
What are your dates? Did you try cleaning your cache? I will admit, this does seem odd.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #308
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would say they will honor your printed quote. If she can pull it up, then the folks at the airport can too. Maybe cause you used the Costco code it reverts back to Costco making it look like you rented via them. Can you access reservations on the Costco site? If so, check there. Just trying to help here.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #309
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruff320 View Post
Makes sense. Capactiy reached at MCO, not other places.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #310
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9pal View Post
Interesting. I can't help but think Alamo monitors these boards and is well aware of how we share info, and maybe trying to crack down on it. Lots of changes in the past year, none of them good for customers IMHO.
The only change has been the design of their web site, which I totally dislike. The "bug" of having to clear history and cache is a pain in the neck. Capacity codes have always been in the mix, nothing new there. BUT, with all the complaints, I am thinking it is more than just having reached capacity. They monitor, for sure, just not as much as one would think they should.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #311
ktate82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
No, it is not like walmart giving you a coupon. These coupons are capacity controlled. And, if you read the terms and conditions of these coupons, you would see verbage like this. I just grabbed a coupon offer for illustration. "This offer is available for the rental of an Economy car or higher at participating Alamo locations in the US and Canada; not valid in Manhattan, NY. Valid for rentals July 27 through September 8, 2013. Minimum three-day rental required, with a five-day maximum. Rental must include a Saturday overnight stay. Offer cannot be combined with another and standard rental qualifications apply. Drivers under age 25 may have to pay higher rates. The dollars-off amount is prorated against the base rate for the length of your rental. Here are some things that might cost you extra: taxes, government charges of up to 23%, recoupment fees of up to $2 per day or $3 per rental, airport fees of up to $6 per day or $19 per rental, refueling, additional driver fees, one-way rental charges, and optional items (e.g., CDW Waiver Savers up to $30 per day). Check your insurance policy and/or credit card for rental vehicle coverage. Availability is limited. This offer may change without notice. And, unfortunately, blackout dates may apply. Offer void where prohibited."
That's fine that they limit them, but when they are done, they should be taken off the Alamo website is all I'm saying. The coupon code I got was off their site.
June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #312
nuzmom
a real Robinhood

I don't get the error code. We are renting with Alamo from Aug 31 to Sept 14. I am able to book a new reservation using the Visa coupon without the capacity error.
Maybe the dates you are looking for are blacked out? (but don't know why that would be the case)

Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #313
Ckmommy72
Mouseketeer

Just got a great rate from Alamo with the Edvantage discount, 20% off plus a double upgrade. Not sure what kind of discount this is (direct link to book on the Alamo site came up in google when searching for discounts), but I read the terms and conditions and it doesn't say anything about any required memberships, coupons, etc.

Sept 24-28, compact upgraded to a standard for $98.xx all in. I have a slightly better rate booked with dollar ( which I will keep just in case), but with Alamo, we get an upgrade from standard to full size due to the lack of standard aisle at MCO and DH can drive for free since I'm an insider.

Anyway, it's contract id 7015360 and Coupon Code AU4224FDC.

DH Michael DS C (11) DD K (8)

March 2006 - Off Site
January 2012 - POR
January 2013 - ASMo
September 2013 - AKL (MNSSHP & F&W)

Ckmommy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #314
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckmommy72 View Post
Just got a great rate from Alamo with the Edvantage discount, 20% off plus a double upgrade. Not sure what kind of discount this is (direct link to book on the Alamo site came up in google when searching for discounts), but I read the terms and conditions and it doesn't say anything about any required memberships, coupons, etc.

Sept 24-28, compact upgraded to a standard for $98.xx all in. I have a slightly better rate booked with dollar ( which I will keep just in case), but with Alamo, we get an upgrade from standard to full size due to the lack of standard aisle at MCO and DH can drive for free since I'm an insider.

Anyway, it's contract id 7015360 and Coupon Code AU4224FDC.
Not certain, but I believe that Edvantage is a discount program to Ontario teachers/educators.
::Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 (Royal Pacific Universal) :: May 2009 Contemporary & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Belle599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #315
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82 View Post
That's fine that they limit them, but when they are done, they should be taken off the Alamo website is all I'm saying. The coupon code I got was off their site.
The capacity is set for each location, so, if MCO is at capacity and CCC is not, why would they take it down. Those coupons are good for all locations, taking it down because one location is at capacity would make no sense.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: