Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #76
mom2val
Can't wait to go back

Hi, We just had to switch our reservation from Thanksgiving Week to Dec 14-21. We are a family of 3- dh Craig, me- kristen and dd- Valerie age 13 (when we cruise). We are from DFW area and very excited to go on our second DCL. I have sent a request to fb group and filled out the FE page.
mom2val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #77
BAIC03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by owigotprcd View Post

I meant to ask, have you been on the Magic as well? I am curious how different they are.
We have been on the Magic, 3 times, and the two ships have similar 'bones' but the decoration and some of the restaurants are different. One is Art Nouveau and one is Art Deco. There is Lumiere's instead of Triton's. Mickey is at the helm of the Magic in the Lobby and Ariel is on the Wonder. The hull decoration fore and aft are different. But the stateroom layout and public space layouts are all the same. Hope that answers your question!

BAIC03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #78
deniseyeosulyn
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! We just booked this cruise through SWV, payment pending. We are from Singapore and this will be our first cruise ever! Glad to hv found this thread. Can't wait to join in the excitement once payment is settled. In the meantime, I hv a few qns:

1. I learnt about SWV via mouse savers.com. So far, they hv been quite prompt (given the time difference) but am just wondering if anyone has other travel agent/agency recommendations so perhaps I could make some comparisons.
2. Our flights to Houston hv been booked and we're now making arrangements for accommodation and car rental, mainly through airbnb & relayrides. We'd be happy to hear from anyone who has a room/car for rent or could hook us up with someone, or any suggestions/advice for that matter.

Counting down!

Cheers,
Ben (31), Denise (30), Rebekah (5)
deniseyeosulyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #79
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseyeosulyn View Post
Hi everyone! We just booked this cruise through SWV, payment pending. We are from Singapore and this will be our first cruise ever! Glad to hv found this thread. Can't wait to join in the excitement once payment is settled. In the meantime, I hv a few qns:

1. I learnt about SWV via mouse savers.com. So far, they hv been quite prompt (given the time difference) but am just wondering if anyone has other travel agent/agency recommendations so perhaps I could make some comparisons.
2. Our flights to Houston hv been booked and we're now making arrangements for accommodation and car rental, mainly through airbnb & relayrides. We'd be happy to hear from anyone who has a room/car for rent or could hook us up with someone, or any suggestions/advice for that matter.

Counting down!

Cheers,
Ben (31), Denise (30), Rebekah (5)
I cannot recommend my travel agent on the DISBoard because it is blocked by the owners of the DISBoard. If you post on our Cruise Facebook page everyone there can let you know their travel agent and why they love them. There are also people from Texas on the Facebook page and can help with logging recommendations. https://www.facebook.com/groups/616804305001868/
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #80
MikeAndNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAIC03 View Post
We have been on the Magic, 3 times, and the two ships have similar 'bones' but the decoration and some of the restaurants are different. One is Art Nouveau and one is Art Deco. There is Lumiere's instead of Triton's. Mickey is at the helm of the Magic in the Lobby and Ariel is on the Wonder. The hull decoration fore and aft are different. But the stateroom layout and public space layouts are all the same. Hope that answers your question!
I have cruised on the Wonder and Magic and cannot tell one from the other. I know there are differences but from man that does not pay attention to decorations I though they were identical. It was nice that I knew where to go because everything is in the same place.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Old 07-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #81
BAIC03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndNick View Post

I have cruised on the Wonder and Magic and cannot tell one from the other. I know there are differences but from man that does not pay attention to decorations I though they were identical. It was nice that I knew where to go because everything is in the same place.
They were built by the same shipyard within a few years of each other, just like Dream and Fantasy, so they are very similar. I still like the magic class better than the dream class!!

Old 08-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #82
MikeAndNick

4 months and we sail
Old 08-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #83
BAIC03
Earning My Ears

Question Dining Rotation

Hey Y'all,
Anybody know if we are on the standard rotation or if we are different because of our unique itinerary?

Just about to pay in full and get my dining/nursery, etc reservations... wanna make sure we 'skip' the right nights!!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:07 AM   #84
MikeAndNick

Quote:
Hey Y'all,
Anybody know if we are on the standard rotation or if we are different because of our unique itinerary?

Just about to pay in full and get my dining/nursery, etc reservations... wanna make sure we 'skip' the right nights!!
The dining rotation is split into three groups. You would need to have your TA or you need to contact Disney and see if you can find out what dining rotation you will be on.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #85
BAIC03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The dining rotation is split into three groups. You would need to have your TA or you need to contact Disney and see if you can find out what dining rotation you will be on.
So, if I don't have a TA do I just call Disney?

Old 08-31-2013, 03:47 PM   #86
j2o
Earning My Ears

New to the Group

Hi guys! We just booked this vacation. We fell in love with the Magic back in May, and wanted to be able to go out of Galveston before the opportunity was gone. So here we go again on the Wonder in December!

I sent a request to the Facebook page as well.

There are 6 of us, so we have adjoining cabins! Now to think about how to tell the kiddos
j2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #87
chrissyhomeschools4
"The most important thing is family." -Walt Disney

Couldn't let DCL get away without one more time!

We just cancelled our WDW December trip and booked for this sailing. So excited. I don't know what we were thinking, going to WDW when DCL is in Texas?!?! Went at Halloween and Christmas last year. Just signed up for Facebook page.
Chrissy Vorderbruggen

Blessings,
Chrissy and Jason

ds 15 years dd 13 years ds 9 years ds 6 years

All Star Music - HS Band Trip 1985
Off Site March 1997
Port Orleans (Dixie Landing) Dec 2000
Disneyland Off-Site Dec 2001
Grosvner June 2002
Off Site Dec 2003 for 2 wonderful weeks with new baby
Off Site June 2004
Off Site Oct 2004
Pop Century September 2005
Pop Century September 2006
Pop Century September 2007
Pop Century September 2008
Contemporary December 2009
Disney Magic Dec 2009 Western Caribbean-1st Cruise!
Beach Club January 2010
Polynesian September 2010
Disneyland - Paradise Pier March 2011
Disney Wonder March 2011 Mexican Riviera
Contemporary June 2011
DL - Grand Californian September 2011
Fort Wilderness Cabin December 2011
Coronado Springs March 2012
Disney Fantasy Pre-Innaugural March 2012
DL Paradise Pier Carsland Grand Opening June 13-15
DL Grand Californian Aug 2012
WDW Labor Day Weekend Art of Animation Sept 2012
DL - Disneyland Hotel Oct 2012
DCL Magic Oct 27, 2012 Western Caribbean Galveston
DCL Magic Dec 15, 2012 Western Caribbean Galveston
WDW Dec 5-6, 2012 New Fantasyland Grand Opening Beach Club
Aulani March 2013
WDW Polynesian July 2013 - surprise for youngest two
WDW Polynesian September 201319th anniversay
DCL Wonder December 14,2013 Bahamian Christmas
WDW AofA Mar 2014
chrissyhomeschools4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #88
MikeAndNick

Quote:
So, if I don't have a TA do I just call Disney?
I would try calling Disney. If they cannot help post on the Facebook page and I will give you the information for my TA to see if they can help you.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #89
BAIC03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I would try calling Disney. If they cannot help post on the Facebook page and I will give you the information for my TA to see if they can help you.
Got it sorted! Thanks!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #90
Sydneyandabby
Earning My Ears

Red face

We sailed the on the Magic back in March and just changed from the Fantasy to Wonder. I hope we made the right decision.
Sydneyandabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: