Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
Darkwing981
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 108

Quick Service Plan Question

Is possible to get the Quick Service Dining Plan without having the purchase the full Magic Your Way vacation package? I was looking up the various dining plans on the WDW website, and it seemed pretty adamant about purchasing a full vacation package in order to use a DDP.

Thing is we were fortunate to have our rooms booked through a family friend; so it makes no sense to re-book through a vacation package.
Darkwing981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwing981 View Post
Is possible to get the Quick Service Dining Plan without having the purchase the full Magic Your Way vacation package? I was looking up the various dining plans on the WDW website, and it seemed pretty adamant about purchasing a full vacation package in order to use a DDP.

Thing is we were fortunate to have our rooms booked through a family friend; so it makes no sense to re-book through a vacation package.
You must book a package with tickets in order to purchase a dining plan unless you are staying on DVC points, an AP holder or military. Honestly, though, the QSDP has gotten so expensive that you would be hard pressed to break even. You can likely save money by paying OOP for your meals. When are you traveling? Are you using DVC points?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Darkwing981
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You must book a package with tickets in order to purchase a dining plan unless you are staying on DVC points, an AP holder or military. Honestly, though, the QSDP has gotten so expensive that you would be hard pressed to break even. You can likely save money by paying OOP for your meals. When are you traveling? Are you using DVC points?
Sorry for the late response.

But we'll be there in November. And we were able to get the rooms free because my mom's friend gave her her DVC points.
Darkwing981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwing981 View Post
Sorry for the late response.

But we'll be there in November. And we were able to get the rooms free because my mom's friend gave her her DVC points.
The owner of the points can call and add the QSDP for you. This must be done at least 48 hours prior to arrival and must be paid in full when you call to add it. I would check allears.net to see their menus, though. As I said, QSDP has become more expensive than paying OOP for meals in most cases. You will get a better idea on whether or not you will come out ahead by checking menus and pricing out some sample days of food. Best of luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Darkwing981
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The owner of the points can call and add the QSDP for you. This must be done at least 48 hours prior to arrival and must be paid in full when you call to add it. I would check allears.net to see their menus, though. As I said, QSDP has become more expensive than paying OOP for meals in most cases. You will get a better idea on whether or not you will come out ahead by checking menus and pricing out some sample days of food. Best of luck!
Hey do you know how many points the owner must have to add the QSDP? My mother says you have to have a certain amount of points to get the QSDP.
Darkwing981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwing981 View Post

Hey do you know how many points the owner must have to add the QSDP? My mother says you have to have a certain amount of points to get the QSDP.
Incorrect. The DDP has nothing to do with any amount of DVC points. When adding the DDP you pay for it in cash.
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
Darkwing981
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Incorrect. The DDP has nothing to do with any amount of DVC points. When adding the DDP you pay for it in cash.
Oh okay...I understand.

Well we'll try and see if we can get on the QSDP through the DVC points. If not, we'll just have to pay for meals OOP.

Thanks

Last edited by Darkwing981; 08-08-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Darkwing981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.