Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #15
PatsGirl
Kids will write the darndest things
I'm a fan of the Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees
I can't believe my parents lived through my shenanigans

FWIW, this is for us to use as a seasonal home once we retire. No in-laws will be living in it (I hope lol). We are thinking about renting our primary home and living full time in the apartment while DD is in college, so basically taking two years to complete the process and then live there full time for four years and then hopefully just six months/year during the warmer months. As for mobility for us and stair use in the future, the design is to build the garage into a slopeside so only 4-5 steps into the apartment.

I like the idea of bright/white use, higher ceilings and floor-ceiling windows ~ would french doors be included? We can't switch to a stackable, my husband is an auto tech and is pretty big so right now he has his own extra large/duty washer and dryer in our basement and I use the stackables in the master bath He wouldn't be able to fit two work outfits in there lol. Same goes with the king bed, but I would prefer a queen so I think maybe I'll start with that small change and he can adapt

When I originally started planning/thinking, I wrote down our living "habits"; ie., how often do we use that dining table vs sitting at the bar or in front of the television? Turns out not very often at all and probably even less once DD is off to school. How much space do we really use in the living room? Really not much, we have two loveseats that face each other with a coffee table between them and a big screen television to the side. Other than that, its all eye candy and not really functional.

Keep the ideas coming, I love them. And I love the link to that apartment
Last night my sister and I were sitting in the den and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug!" So she got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine.

Brenda , Ed :Jacob 24 Alexandra 17 and two steps ~ Shawn 25 Nichole 24

SO turned husband March 2013

Next up ~ Halloween Horror Nights 2013 at Universal

F&W/FD for September 2012 with DD and SO who's a Disney virgin...this could be a dealbreaker

Celebrated my 50th with DD at Disneyland April 2011
PatsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: