Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
My honey was playing it on the computer and I overheard it. Why in the world were they storing food in the cabins? I just don't understand it at all.
I think it was to hide it from the inspectors.
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #17
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran

After reading all four of DCL's most recent reports and that of silver sea…

Silver Sea failed because food should NEVER be stored outside of food storage areas(i.e. not in crew cabins)
They also had clean utensils hanging near hand washing stations allowing for contamination.
incorrect or missing food temperature log information
allowing possible insect contamination
many undocumented crew illnesses(they are supposed to report illnesses after a certain amount and cross check with possible food born illnesses)
and not performing additional cleaning due to increased illness

not these are all items that are there to protect the ship from an illness outbreak, however it is a bit nitpick, most land based restaurants would fail these tests. Ships are held to a higher standard due to the close proximity with other passengers.

DCL's major issue(Magic and Wonder) was corroded paint allowing for buildup of mild/bacteria and one soiled spoon in a clean spoon bin. If I had to guess that spoon had been washed(sanitized) and was 100% not contaminated, but there was dried on food. I can assure everyone that once dishes are sent through the machine, they are clean clean clean, in a sanitary sense, but they may not be clean in an aesthetic sense.

I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #18
Kendal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-fan-22 View Post
After reading all four of DCL's most recent reports and that of silver sea…

Silver Sea failed because food should NEVER be stored outside of food storage areas(i.e. not in crew cabins)
They also had clean utensils hanging near hand washing stations allowing for contamination.
incorrect or missing food temperature log information
allowing possible insect contamination
many undocumented crew illnesses(they are supposed to report illnesses after a certain amount and cross check with possible food born illnesses)
and not performing additional cleaning due to increased illness

not these are all items that are there to protect the ship from an illness outbreak, however it is a bit nitpick, most land based restaurants would fail these tests. Ships are held to a higher standard due to the close proximity with other passengers.

DCL's major issue(Magic and Wonder) was corroded paint allowing for buildup of mild/bacteria and one soiled spoon in a clean spoon bin. If I had to guess that spoon had been washed(sanitized) and was 100% not contaminated, but there was dried on food. I can assure everyone that once dishes are sent through the machine, they are clean clean clean, in a sanitary sense, but they may not be clean in an aesthetic sense.
I can understand this cause the heat they use nothing at all could live through that!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: