Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
ccvh
Earning My Ears

Busch/SW Refillable Drink Cups

Just went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA last month, and was surprised to learn that you could use the refillable drink cups from one park in the other, and in fact, could use old cups from the previous year and the one from BG Tampa that we got last year! It was clearly listed on the signage... However, this year's cups were barcoded and refilled for I think 99 cents, where the older cups cost more, I think $1.29? Anyone know if those cups could also be used at Sea World and Aquatica? I need to know whether to pack them...
ccvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccvh View Post
Just went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA last month, and was surprised to learn that you could use the refillable drink cups from one park in the other, and in fact, could use old cups from the previous year and the one from BG Tampa that we got last year! It was clearly listed on the signage... However, this year's cups were barcoded and refilled for I think 99 cents, where the older cups cost more, I think $1.29? Anyone know if those cups could also be used at Sea World and Aquatica? I need to know whether to pack them...
We got the BG Williamsburg cup last summer for this reason. We had planned to pack them too so I am bumming in on this thread for the answer .
DisMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

I know you can use BG tampa mugs and SW ones at both parks. I am sure you can use yours too. There has always been a refill price though on the mugs. If you have all day dining you can refill and have it count as your drink. We have cups from yrs ago and still use them at SW.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

We just got back from Busch Garden Williamsburg a few days ago and I was told my several employees that the cup I bought (has Lockness Monster rollercoaster on it) can be used when we go to Busch Gardens Tampa and Seaworld this November.
Now I am trying to find out if my Sesame Place cups can be used at Seaworld and Busch Gardens Tampa.

Me(43) DH(47) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
cecs14
Earning My Ears

We used our Elmo refill cold cup from sesame place at sea world in may without any problems! And our Elmo cup was from the 2012 season.
cecs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
momto2js
DIS Veteran

I have a BGW cup that is more than a decade old and has been to all for the busch parks several times with no refill issue. In Williamsburg they charge more to refill the old ones, but still a good deal. At the Florida parks, as of last weekend, it was $.99 for all.
momto2js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2js View Post
I have a BGW cup that is more than a decade old and has been to all for the busch parks several times with no refill issue. In Williamsburg they charge more to refill the old ones, but still a good deal. At the Florida parks, as of last weekend, it was $.99 for all.
Awesome! Good to know, thanks!
DisMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

I'm so glad to read this, I will most definitely pack our cups from last year for our trip at the end of Aug. We are just going to SW for about half a day, I'd hate to have to buy new cups.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:06 AM   #9
twentytoez
Mouseketeer

How about a Seaworld, Ca refill cup?
twentytoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
ccvh
Earning My Ears

I would bet there would be no problems with a San Diego cup also. No one was checking what kind of cups on the refills the past few days, and I saw all kinds of cups. As long as they were the right size, you just had to pay the refill cost. One checker was delighted that one of mine was BG Tampa, one was BG Williamsburg, and one was Water Country USA. None were a SW cup!
ccvh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: