Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #91
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I am hoping for some sort of discount for the first week in February, the last week of the value season, I believe. Do you know if they usually have discounts then?
We went the first full week of February this past year and they had a room only discount and the stay, play and dine plan. It is a time of year that is usually discounted.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #92
The Sasquatch
Mouseketeer

I dont know who Danny or Black are but we need that RO discount! We are booked for the first week in a WLV 1 Bed. $5k plus airfare is getting hard to swallow. Crossing fingers but the reality is if one comes out I am going to get the old "we dont have a room available"
The Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #93
BenbowInn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Las Disney View Post
I'm getting a little concerned our week might be busier than expected.

I'm already booked at POFQ but with rumors of a potential room only discount the 1st week of December I've been looking at the other moderates and the deluxe resorts availability and I'm a little concerned by how many of the resort appear more or less sold out that week.

CBR - All rooms types still available.
POFQ - No rooms of any type available.
CSR - All room types still available.
POR - No regular rooms available, only royal rooms.

AKL - All rooms types still available.
WL - All rooms types still available.
Con - Standard, Garden, Deluxe, and Bay Lake not available, only Theme Park View.
YC - Standard and garden not available, only pool view and club.
BW - All rooms types still available.
Poly - All rooms types still available.
BC - Standard and garden not available, only pool view.
GF - All rooms types still available.

Is this normal for December and I'm just reading to much into some of the resorts not having any availability or is this a bad sign of crowds?
My guess (and that's all it is) is that many people
Booked with the hopes of free dining or a room discount and will be switching dates. It seemed that many people were quite certain free dining would be offered the first week of December.

Another thing is that we like to do vacations around a holiday to get those few extra days of travel time that doesn't use up vacation days. We plan on driving down to Orlando the day after thanksgiving since DH is off work that Thursday and Friday for the holiday so that's two extra vacation days from work saved for a long weekend or something down the road.
BenbowInn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #94
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenbowInn View Post

My guess (and that's all it is) is that many people
Booked with the hopes of free dining or a room discount and will be switching dates. It seemed that many people were quite certain free dining would be offered the first week of December.

Another thing is that we like to do vacations around a holiday to get those few extra days of travel time that doesn't use up vacation days. We plan on driving down to Orlando the day after thanksgiving since DH is off work that Thursday and Friday for the holiday so that's two extra vacation days from work saved for a long weekend or something down the road.
I think you may be right, because the last time I checked, almost everything was available for our 10 days, even AOA Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo rooms, which I heard usually fill up first.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #95
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Guys, there is new hope!!! New information has been posted about a RO discount that may include our dates!! Fingers crossed for everyone!!

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Ana~n~Joseph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #96
lee_d
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Guys, there is new hope!!! New information has been posted about a RO discount that may include our dates!! Fingers crossed for everyone!!
Could you share, Pretty Please!!!

NVM I found it!

http://remembercpldustinlee.blogspot.com/
Wilderness Lodge December 01-07, 2013
Polynesian November 13-19, 2011
Wilderness Lodge December 5-12, 2010
Dixie Landing Sept. 1998

Last edited by lee_d; 07-25-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: addition
lee_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #97
Ana~n~Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_d View Post
Could you share, Pretty Please!!!

NVM I found it!
I'll post it anyway...this is from 'black' and it's posted on another thread

Ok guys, here's some info.

The Room Only Discounts will run from September 29th until December 23rd, with blackouts during Thanksgiving week (Nov 23-29).

This could be available for booking August 1, with Visa holders getting in on July 29.

The Discounts vary depending on resort, and should be along the lines of the following (note: these are fluid and can fluctuate slightly after release):

Value Resorts = up to 25%
Moderate Resorts = up to 30%
Deluxe Resorts and Deluxe Villa Resorts = up to 35%

These percentages can vary by room type and availability. For example, Resorts such as French Quarter and Art of Animation are likely be less. It's just too detailed to list each specific at this time, as even rooms in the same resort can have different discounts. So the percentages above should be read as a maximum percentage off, since some room types are lower.

As usual, some rooms, such as Little Mermaid rooms and Campsites, are excluded.

A word of thanks as well to Dave at YourFirstVisit. He and I have had continued discussions on this topic for some time and shared much insight on the Free Dining and Room Discount promotions both in September and beyond.

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - BLT, AKL & Disney Dream w/ BFF; Jan 2015 - Pop Century; October 2015 - Wine & Dine Half; Nov 2015 - Disney Wonder;
Old 07-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #98
acceber32
Mouseketeer

I think the RO discount will save us around $500. While that's not the $1300 the free dinning would have saved us I'll still be happy with a $500 savings. Come on Monday!!! (Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever said that, lol.)
acceber32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #99
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is great news but also frustrating, what to do?

A) Take the small discount or no discount and keep my already booked room at POFQ since I am really excited to stay there.
B) Move to a different mod resort and save $60-$80 a night, enough to pay for all my food and souvenirs.
C) Stay at the Beach Club for $60-80 a night more, I spend more money but the BC looks stunning and is walking distance to 2 of the 4 resorts.

I can't decide what to do!

I have a DV so I only have a few days before Monday to make a decision.

Anyone else driving themselves crazy trying to decide what to do?

Viva Las Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #100
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll post it anyway...this is from 'black' and it's posted on another thread

Ok guys, here's some info.

The Room Only Discounts will run from September 29th until December 23rd, with blackouts during Thanksgiving week (Nov 23-29).

This could be available for booking August 1, with Visa holders getting in on July 29.

The Discounts vary depending on resort, and should be along the lines of the following (note: these are fluid and can fluctuate slightly after release):

Value Resorts = up to 25%
Moderate Resorts = up to 30%
Deluxe Resorts and Deluxe Villa Resorts = up to 35%

These percentages can vary by room type and availability. For example, Resorts such as French Quarter and Art of Animation are likely be less. It's just too detailed to list each specific at this time, as even rooms in the same resort can have different discounts. So the percentages above should be read as a maximum percentage off, since some room types are lower.

As usual, some rooms, such as Little Mermaid rooms and Campsites, are excluded.

A word of thanks as well to Dave at YourFirstVisit. He and I have had continued discussions on this topic for some time and shared much insight on the Free Dining and Room Discount promotions both in September and beyond.
Very nice of you to post this, Ana~n~Joseph, that's exciting!

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #101
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

I'm not having a pity party anymore. We decided to just move the entire trip way up to the last week of Sept. and first week of October. We won't get to see the xmas decorations that we love but we love Halloween and I was able to book under the current FD promotion for 10 nights. That trip may or may not happen depending on when and if children are placed with us since we are getting ready to be licensed as foster parents but it gives me something to look forward to after spending our entire summer going through training and the licensure process. We need a vacation and hopefully we will have a little one to take with us!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #102
mkymouse40
Mouseketeer

Alicia...I'm like you, my pity party is over. I'm not getting free dining, I had to downgrade from POFQ to Pop with a RO discount, but we're still going to Disney and I can't complain about that.

Also, congratulations on becoming Foster Parents and bless you for taking that step to help those children. My daughter is a CPS Social Worker in our county and I hear the sad stories every day. Our County has such a hard time getting nice & dependable people to open their homes to these children.

I hope things work out for you.

To Everyone Else....happy discounts and enjoy your vacations.

Nancy

mkymouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #103
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse40 View Post
Alicia...I'm like you, my pity party is over. I'm not getting free dining, I had to downgrade from POFQ to Pop with a RO discount, but we're still going to Disney and I can't complain about that.

Also, congratulations on becoming Foster Parents and bless you for taking that step to help those children. My daughter is a CPS Social Worker in our county and I hear the sad stories every day. Our County has such a hard time getting nice & dependable people to open their homes to these children.

I hope things work out for you.

To Everyone Else....happy discounts and enjoy your vacations.
Thanks! We are really excited to try to change some little lives (while they change ours too) for as long as we have them or longer if we can adopt them. It is a grueling process but we are in the home stretch now and should be licensed Monday or Tuesday then the real fun...I mean roller coaster ride...begins. I can't imagine what Disney will be like with little ones but I am looking forward to experiencing it. I'm sure I will be the whole time. Happy tears of course (and maybe a melt down or two, hehe)!
So glad you get to go still too! Have a great trip!!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #104
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

We are going that week and have a deluxe garden room at the contemporary. Should that fall under the 35% discount? Thanks!!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #105
Ana~n~Joseph

Did anyone have any luck with RO discounts for the 1st week of Dec? I didn't but oh well...it would have been nice though

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: