Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
kverlinger
Earning My Ears

The Palms Hotel and Villas

Wondering if anyone has stayed here before and what you thought?? We picked it because we could get a 6 person suite for around 100 dollars a night. Also, we are bringing our poodle with us, and they are pet friendly. The free breakfast and Disney shuttle also made the decision easy.

Just wondering if anyone has any reviews on this place, specifically wanted to know how good the shuttle was. Never stayed "off base" before. TIA.
kverlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
waynesgirl
Maleficent is my hero!

I'm going in August. I can let you know.
WDW Commando Member #138!!!!
Me DH DS24 DD20 DD16 DS8
9/'79-offsite DL; 9/'01-Offsite/ASMo;12/'01-Offsite; 9/'02-ASMo; 4/'03-ASMo; 9/'03-offsite; 11/'04-CSR; '05-Wedding and NEW BABY;9/'07-SSR; 4/'08-POR; 9/'08-CBR; 11/'08-WL; 4/'09-DLParis; 11/'09-POFQ; 4/'10-AKL; 11/'10-CR; 4/'11-BWI, from Italy!; 11/'11-YC; 9/'12-Wyndham; 11/'12-AoA/Cars; 2/'13 CSR; 3/'13-Dolphin; 8/'13-offsite; 10/'13-offsite; 11/'13-AlStSport; 2/'14-offsite; 4/'14-POP; 5/'14-DLParis- and many more.
waynesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
momfeez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kverlinger View Post
Wondering if anyone has stayed here before and what you thought?? We picked it because we could get a 6 person suite for around 100 dollars a night. Also, we are bringing our poodle with us, and they are pet friendly. The free breakfast and Disney shuttle also made the decision easy.

Just wondering if anyone has any reviews on this place, specifically wanted to know how good the shuttle was. Never stayed "off base" before. TIA.

We've stayed twice...once DH and I in a king suite, which was nice. 2nd time with the family in a regular room. It was not as nice as the king as the king looked to be recently refurbished, but it was good. We are staying again next month. I can't comment on the shuttle as we had our own car. I'd call the hotel and find out when it runs to and from the parks.

The room was a good size for the money. It was clean and the free breakfast was ok, nothing great, but good enough to get us going. We liked having a small kitchen in the room. DD slept on sofa bed and said it was uncomfortable. A corner of the frame was falling apart. Several others mentioned the same on tripadvisor. We will bring an air mattress for her next time.

They have free wi-fi, which worked great for us both times. We never used the pool, so can't comment on that. Parking was good both times we were there. Check in was fast and easy and front desk personnel were very friendly. We felt safe staying here. Feels more like an apartment or condo complex than a hotel.

The location is great...close to Disney and restarurants and a grocery store (Publix). We've stayed at several other suite type hotels around 192 and this one is one of our favorites.

Hope you have a great stay!