DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #16
ImagineerTHAT
Imaginerd
 
ImagineerTHAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 189

Haha...I totally misread that. I see now that they want to up the price to keep it from getting ROFR'd.

In the immortal words of Paul McCartney...speaking words of wisdom, let it be!
ImagineerTHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #17
SFlaDisneyfans
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 156

We are on day 23 of our ROFR period with an SSR contract. Having spent the last three weeks contemplating it, I have come to the conclusion that losing the contract is not what will tick me off. I am ok with that if it happens. We will find another. What will really annoy me is having to go through another ROFR wait period. It is the ROFR period seemingly always going the full 30 days that is cheesy.
SFlaDisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
lorie13
Mouseketeer
 
lorie13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineerTHAT View Post
Haha...I totally misread that. I see now that they want to up the price to keep it from getting ROFR'd.

In the immortal words of Paul McCartney...speaking words of wisdom, let it be!
LOL me too, should we blame it on the "english" language
__________________
lorie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #19
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)
 
twinsouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apps View Post
I think its kinda shady to back away but you are probably losing close to $1k. All I see SSR selling for now is $70 and above.
I know we just bought at 62.5/pt--not sure if it will be ROFR'ed but you can relay that concern to the buyer--they are clearly willing to take the risk
__________________
twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #20
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)
 
twinsouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFlaDisneyfans View Post
It is the ROFR period seemingly always going the full 30 days that is cheesy.
Totally agree. I think they should get the 10 day period that a buyer gets for right of recission.
__________________
twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #21
DougEMG
DIS Veteran
 
DougEMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFlaDisneyfans View Post
We are on day 23 of our ROFR period with an SSR contract. Having spent the last three weeks contemplating it, I have come to the conclusion that losing the contract is not what will tick me off. I am ok with that if it happens. We will find another. What will really annoy me is having to go through another ROFR wait period. It is the ROFR period seemingly always going the full 30 days that is cheesy.
ROFR nearly always takes around 30 days, Disney doesn't want to make it too easy for people to buy resale. If they make it just annoying enough, some people will opt to purchase direct.

Good luck with your ROFR
__________________
DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)
 
twinsouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
ROFR nearly always takes around 30 days, Disney doesn't want to make it too easy for people to buy resale. If they make it just annoying enough, some people will opt to purchase direct.

Good luck with your ROFR
brilliance! It is totally worth their while to do that; make it inconvenient and unpredictable. My mother (normally super frugal) said she would always be direct because of that, so I know it will work on a segment of the world that are 'play it safe' types.
__________________
twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #23
bnlbebes
Mouseketeachers
 
bnlbebes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: NJ - 1/2way between Philly and AC
Posts: 717

I tried to make an offer on a BWV listing that I saw for $67 per point. I began a conversation with the listing agent about offering a higher price per point asking the owner to pay the closing costs in return. This was to try to insure passing ROFR. The listing agent said that was fine, but the contract has been sold.
__________________
bnlbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
CPTJAK
Mouseketeer
 
CPTJAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ILLINI
Posts: 310

Thanks everybody for your advice. I am not going to raise my offer to the seller....so we will see what happens.
__________________
CPTJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 AM   #25
BestDadEver
New DVC Member
 
BestDadEver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAK View Post
I had an offer for a loaded (12 forward SSR contract 150pt Sept use) accepted at 63 pp plus closing/2013 mfs.

My question is should I raise my offer price after it was accepted, just wondering if it will be taken or not.
Why would you do that ? Ill tell you this in general anyone that wants to raise there price after a deal is made , I walk . No matter what .

Edit I just read the thread . I wouldn't raise you price as the buyer , from what I herd the price isn't the factor in ROFR .
__________________
Member since 2012


BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:50 AM   #26
CPTJAK
Mouseketeer
 
CPTJAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ILLINI
Posts: 310

I think you may have it backwards.....

Really if I give more money to the seller I would think they would be happy, as they are getting more money from me the buyer....
__________________
CPTJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #27
BestDadEver
New DVC Member
 
BestDadEver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTJAK View Post
I think you may have it backwards.....

Really if I give more money to the seller I would think they would be happy, as they are getting more money from me the buyer....
I did get it backwards I thought you were selling it . Lol
__________________
Member since 2012


BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.