Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

Pins to Canada

If you got a pin in the last while, where in Canada are you?

I just got off the phone to check if there were any pin codes attached to our names for next winter. No luck, but that doesn't surprise me since we have never gotten a pin. The person I was talking to first tried to tell me that it was way too early for pins to go out for next year and no way would there be one on our name. Called him on that one. Then he tried to tell me that they were only regional. I couldn't dispute that one since I didn't know for sure. Since I know that some definitely went to Canada I am curious as to where you are if you got one in this last round of pins. I am thinking that it was another line to try and get us to book without a pin. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that even if a general offer goes out our dates will be blacked out - President's Week - while the pin is covering those dates. We weren't supposed to be going at all next winter, but with a decent discount we are determined to make it work.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
3mama3
Mouseketeer

I haven't gotten any for 2014, but I have gotten several for 2013, room discounts and free dining for Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec 2013, with a few blackout dates. I live in Nova Scotia, hope this helps!
3mama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's

we regularly get pins -- and the latest one expires Dec 22 -- located in Toronto, but not sure that matters ---
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We also get PINs very frequently. Never use the darn things because we prefer to stay offsite, but yet they continue to arrive via email. We are in Southeastern Ontario, between Toronto and Ottawa.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
CdnCarrie
DIS Veteran

I got one for free dining for this fall up unto December. I'm in Manitoba.
CdnCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
If you got a pin in the last while, where in Canada are you?

I just got off the phone to check if there were any pin codes attached to our names for next winter. No luck, but that doesn't surprise me since we have never gotten a pin. The person I was talking to first tried to tell me that it was way too early for pins to go out for next year and no way would there be one on our name. Called him on that one. Then he tried to tell me that they were only regional. I couldn't dispute that one since I didn't know for sure. Since I know that some definitely went to Canada I am curious as to where you are if you got one in this last round of pins. I am thinking that it was another line to try and get us to book without a pin. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that even if a general offer goes out our dates will be blacked out - President's Week - while the pin is covering those dates. We weren't supposed to be going at all next winter, but with a decent discount we are determined to make it work.
14 year going annually and counting.. never a pin.
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
CerysG
Mouseketeer

Well I got a rooms discount one for this trip we are doing in 3 weeks. I got it way back in Sept. and booked at the end of Oct. I've had a number of them since our first trip in March of 2011. I noticed that the PIN I got was kind of strange as it had a bunch of spring ones for this year and then one that fit perfectly in with our dates. I had saved some different trips on the Disney site with our dates so I'm sure that this is a factor as it seemed way to convient. Oh and I'm in Saskatchewan.
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerysG View Post
Well I got a rooms discount one for this trip we are doing in 3 weeks. I got it way back in Sept. and booked at the end of Oct. I've had a number of them since our first trip in March of 2011. I noticed that the PIN I got was kind of strange as it had a bunch of spring ones for this year and then one that fit perfectly in with our dates. I had saved some different trips on the Disney site with our dates so I'm sure that this is a factor as it seemed way to convient. Oh and I'm in Saskatchewan.
We always save vacations on both mine , my sons and my husbands accounts. Every Disney profile we have.
I modify our date range by a day or so.
we do this every year and have yet to receive a pin.
I even call to have a package quoted over the phone.
we are in Ontario
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

Try booking a trip and cancelling it. I did this and I get a lot of pins. I also save trips on the website and have signed up for their emails.

brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
myzel
Mouseketeer

Disney FREE Walt Disney World offer!
VIEW IN YOUR BROWSER
We're stacking up the magic. And the savings!

Hello again XXXXXXXX Family,

Since you’ve been here before, we wanted to make it easy for you to come back and see us again. That’s why we’re serving up this scrumptious special offer! We’re even giving you lots of dates to choose from.
Enjoy a FREE dining plan*
when you purchase a non-discounted 5-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13, 11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

Book by 8/14/13.

Disney Destinations Marketing
Attn: Email Compliance
1375 Buena Vista Drive
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

We live in New Brunswick.
myzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #11
brighteyes
DIS Veteran

I got this pin as well and I am in Ontario~!

brighteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
Disneylovers2000
DIS Veteran

I got a pin once about a year and a half ago. I am in Edmonton. Never have stayed on Disney property but not sure how they decide to send them out.
Disneylovers2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
alc571
DIS Veteran

We got three last year, but nothing this year. We are near Toronto.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:07 AM   #14
Brandon moore
Earning My Ears

I also got one for dining . I haven't used it before.
Brandon moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
11point5
Mouseketeer

I got a pin code in an email today!!!!! My first one ever!
It's for 20 - 30% off room only for most dates Sept 29-Nov 22 and Nov 30-Dec 23. Must book by Oct 31. I'm so sad I won't be able to use it, unless I go crazy reading about this year's F&W festival and decide to splurge on a sudden weekend getaway or something! I think it's interesting that the dates for this pin code are for the exact same time period as my trip in 2012 (Oct 10-19) : Disney must have noticed how much I love fall at WDW! I live in Southwestern Ontario.
April 2000 - (POFQ) Second Daddy-Daughter Trip!
April 2007 - (AS Sports) High School Band Trip!
October 2012 - (ASMu) DBF's First Trip AND Our 3 Year Dating Anniversary!
February 2014 - (POR) Glass Slipper Challenge Trip!

11point5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: